What's The Best Way (Fastest Way To Roots) In Cloning Anyways?

What's the best method (fastest to roots I guess) in making clone. Thank you.

There really is no best way, but the fastest way is by using an aeroponic cloning machine. They can be expensive but are worth every penny paid for a quality unit. I'm sure there are several people on this forum that can give you detailed instructions on how to build your own cloner. Be aware that there is a learning curve with aeroponic cloners like everything else, but once you have all your parameters dialed in to your particular enviornment there is no quicker way to root cuttings. Depending on the strain you can see roots developing in as little as three to four days.

I've tried a few different cloning methods, most with decent results.

One technique in particular i've noticed increases the rate at which roots appear by a few days. This involves taking the cutting, and submerging it under water , and slicing off another 1/4-1/2 in of stem at a sharp angle under water. This helps to prevent an air embolism in the step which can slow rooting significantly. After its been cut under water, just dip in cloning gel and proceed normally.

There are many ways to clone. I'm a DIY'er so i made an enclosure using panda plastic, an ajustable metal shelf rack from walmart, 4 CFL bulbs, duct tape, and a jiffy start humidity dome and tray, and timer on 18/6. Very simple setup, works wonderfully.

TFB

aeroponic is the latest and greatest in cloning. id agree.

but personally i prefer bubble cloners. i built mine for 14 dollars and most cuttings show roots in 4-5 days.

my purple kush roots for me almost always in 3 days.

so for a simple rooting technique that roots just as fast as aero for a tenth of the cost. Go for the bubbles.

id like to build a aero cloner though. see what theyre all about.

aeroponic is the latest and greatest in cloning. id agree.

but personally i prefer bubble cloners. i built mine for 14 dollars and most cuttings show roots in 4-5 days.

my purple kush roots for me almost always in 3 days.

so for a simple rooting technique that roots just as fast as aero for a tenth of the cost. Go for the bubbles.

id like to build a aero cloner though. see what theyre all about.

Please explain a bubble cloner. I've not heard of that type as of yet unless it goes by another name. It sounds interesting.

just a small rubbermaid container. with an air pump connected to bubble bar.

its for a fish tank. just goto wal mart/ meijer and go to the aquarium section. it has the pumps, bubble bars, tubing everything youll need.

ill go take a pic of mine. back to post it soon.

just a small rubbermaid container. with an air pump connected to bubble bar.

its for a fish tank. just goto wal mart/ meijer and go to the aquarium section. it has the pumps, bubble bars, tubing everything youll need.

ill go take a pic of mine. back to post it soon.

Thanks for clearing it up,I know what your talking about now. Basically it is a version of aeroponics but with bigger sized H2O particles. Instead of a mist being delivered you are delivering droplets and some incedental mist. Basically the same thing as a hydroponic bubbler system but adapted for cloning purposes. Great for low income persons or the do it yourself crowd. I've never used the bubbler system but I can see how it is as fast and as successful as aeroponic cloners. I use the good old fashioned way in a propagation tray with rooting plugs and a clone dome. I have the same success rate as when I was using an aeroponic cloner, only it takes longer to root.

ok first pic is the bubble bar. 2 bucks

second is the tupperware i have it in. free. had around the house

third is the air pump. 5 dollars

fourth. holy crap roots. thats my purple kush. after 7 days. i took the picture in front of a mirror. cuz i couldnt fit the plant and roots in the same pic.

so close pic is the clone and the further one is the roots. over a foot long. in 7 days.

post-13702-12732851825075_thumb.jpeg

post-13702-12732851886306_thumb.jpeg

post-13702-12732851954673_thumb.jpeg

post-13702-12732852036922_thumb.jpeg

i used rapid rooter plugs as well. built this for a project. im a DIY'er till death. so i just was curious. now clone in this exclusively due to the speed it sprouts roots. and how healthy the turn out.

plan on doing aero cloner once i have the space for it. and funds for more projects.

just to compare and see if they really are worth the 300+ ive seen people pay

ok first pic is the bubble bar. 2 bucks

second is the tupperware i have it in. free. had around the house

third is the air pump. 5 dollars

fourth. holy crap roots. thats my purple kush. after 7 days. i took the picture in front of a mirror. cuz i couldnt fit the plant and roots in the same pic.

so close pic is the clone and the further one is the roots. over a foot long. in 7 days.

Very nice! If you can, you might want to put up step by step instructions on building it for the people who are new to growing medical cannabis. This could help out a lot people here.

plan on doing aero cloner once i have the space for it. and funds for more projects.

just to compare and see if they really are worth the 300+ ive seen people pay

Being that you are a die hard do it yourselfer, you may just want to build an aero unit. It is VERY similar to what you have built already and much cheaper. I think you would get the same results as an off the shelf unit, although they are very nice if you can afford them.

best most helpful diy page ive ever been on. from the (IMO) best cannabis site on the net since OG went caput.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637

I agree, IC-mag is one of the most(if not the most) informative and reliable sites you can find. For anyone not aware of IC-mag beware that there are many,many,trolls on that site just waiting to bait you if you post there. Just don't pay any attention to them.

Being that you are a die hard do it yourselfer, you may just want to build an aero unit. It is VERY similar to what you have built already and much cheaper. I think you would get the same results as an off the shelf unit, although they are very nice if you can afford them.

oh i most def. plan on building it myself. round 40 dollars is what i expect total cost after im done with it.

i DIY everything including the stealth cabinet i grow in at the moment. havnt the resources for a whole room just yet.

so DIY is what ill be doing.

Aside from the physical equipment, what do you all use - recommend to stimulate and speed up the root growth in an aero cloner? Am currently trying Clonex Solution in a bubble cloner.

What about root growth enhancements in soil?

Aside from the physical equipment, what do you all use - recommend to stimulate and speed up the root growth in an aero cloner? Am currently trying Clonex Solution in a bubble cloner.

When I was using the aerocloner I used to add some earthworm casting tea to the water. For some reason this inhibits root slime which is technically called Pythium or root rot, and also makes your cuttings root quicker. If you have problems keeping your water temps in at least the upper 70's then you will probably will develop root slime. The recipe is: 2.5 gallons of water, one half of a cup of earthworm castings, and one tablespoon of molasses. Brew this mixture as you would any organic tea and add a small amount to your resivoir. Usally a cup or so is sufficient but you may need to experiment.

all the above is good advice. except the parts about going to walmart.................................its filled with spidermites that attach to yer clothes.................

ACK! Lol...Just have not had the best of luck? cloning, (real slow) so looking for way to speed things up to match an average time of what most say is the norm, like 5-7 days.

Tap water here is PH 9 and hard, 172PPM. Currently trying RO water from the store.

I am trying Voodoo Juice, Great White, Sweet (to feed both of them), Nitrozime, Hygrozime and Greenfuse Root in a bubble cloner right now. Hoping to get vigorous roots in 7 days.

fired him, then challenging his unemployment.

I would think that the lawyers and the law are the greater evils in this case, but most disagree with me. I don't like Walmart because of their masonic "live better" motto, they are clearly new world orderly. But just about every place in this country is.

Archived