What Exactly Does 2.5 Oz's Mean?

xxsesimeseedxx

I've got a patient who buys 2.5 oz. twice a week! helps make up for the 2 patients that use a 1/2oz a month. guess it all works out. I can't help but wonder how ANYONE can smoke more than me every week, he almost HAS to be diverting, but I don't think its my problem. EVERY one of my patients recieve up to 2oz. per month free, depending on use. having someone to buy up my extra med legally has helped keep prices down and the free meds flowing!

How long are you curing your product? What do you label your product stages? As long as the product is properly labeled then this issue should be mute. Follow the proper labeling management will give any lawyer a head start in protecting your rights. :rolleyes:

Ok, the law states that a caregiver can possess 2.5 ozs of usable mj per patient, and they patient can also posses 2.5 ozs. Is there anything in the law that states HOW OFTEN a patient may obtain and possess the 2.5 ounces?

No but as a patient your limited to 2.5 ozs at any given time no more .

drying product will count. If its a plant hanging it counts against plant count. Buds drying will count toward usable amount.

Kinda sucks if your only a patient.

I will be pleased with 2.5 oz and 12 beautiful curing plants hanging in my garage this winter. :) ...And, my electricity bill will be substantially reduced.

I've got a patient who buys 2.5 oz. twice a week! helps make up for the 2 patients that use a 1/2oz a month. guess it all works out. I can't help but wonder how ANYONE can smoke more than me every week, he almost HAS to be diverting, but I don't think its my problem. EVERY one of my patients recieve up to 2oz. per month free, depending on use. having someone to buy up my extra med legally has helped keep prices down and the free meds flowing!

5 ounces a week? rotflmfao.....

Patients black marketing meds is a serious issue, but as long as the caregiver is staying within the legal transferrable amounts they are protected by the law. As to what is considered usable amounts, that's yet another part of the law being interpreted county to county. But honestly, some patients do use large amounts. I had a cancer patient who passed away that was eating approximately 7 to 10 grams a day in pill form. 00 gel caps can contain approximately .5 to .7 grams per pill. She was taking 6 pills before each meal, along with vaporising meds as well. She lived 5 months longer than expected, and her oncologist stated that she believed it was due to the cannabinoid regimen I put the patient on. This same oncologist was dead set against medical marihuana in the beginning. Unfortunately I didn't begin working with the patient until 17 months after she was diagnosed with brain cancer. I honestly belive that had treatment began earlier things may have been much different.

I dont think its the caregivers spot to question someones compsumption. Its the patients plants either way, if they are breaking a law the LEO will get them. look at the guy in williamston. It seems like some caregivers think its their job to regulate others maraijuana consumption which is wrong

I dont think its the caregivers spot to question someones compsumption. Its the patients plants either way, if they are breaking a law the LEO will get them. look at the guy in williamston. It seems like some caregivers think its their job to regulate others maraijuana consumption which is wrong

I dont agree with that at all.

If your patient is going through 5 Oz's a week their moving your legal cannabis on the black market thus putting the caregiver under Leos microsope and don't give me that 'as long as your legal" nonsense law enforcement has raided dozens of legal grows and reeked havoc on sick people once a grow was discovered and reported by people with axes to grind or just lousy neighbors.

Over a dozen threads on this website detail how legal growers had their houses raided and meds and equipment taken all while within the Michigan medical marijuana law parameters.

If your patient is going through 5 Oz's a week their moving your legal cannabis on the black market thus putting the caregiver under Leos microsope and don't give me that 'as long as your legal" nonsense law enforcement has raided dozens of legal grows and reeked havoc on sick people once a grow was discovered and reported by people with axes to grind or just lousy neighbors.

Over a dozen threads on this website detail how legal growers had their houses raided and meds and equipment taken all while within the Michigan medical marijuana law parameters.

Why assume its going to the black market? Most likely its getting transferred to other legal patients. A lot of patients that have a good enough cg will pick up patients of their own and supply them with their cgs weed while they get their grow on. There's nothing wrong with that.

Why assume its going to the black market? Most likely its getting transferred to other legal patients. A lot of patients that have a good enough cg will pick up patients of their own and supply them with their cgs weed while they get their grow on. There's nothing wrong with that.

If this guy taking the 5 Oz's a week then gets popped doing p2p transfers by some overzealous LEO or if hes even suspected of trafficking that could lead LEO back to the caregivers home who they will more likely see as a drug dealer instead of a legal carded caregiver .

A lot of law enforcement officers still dont believe that p2p is legal .

Can you say diversion? Seriously I would be worried that WHEN this patient gets busted, he will be offered a deal if he flips on you.

Plus rep to Rockinlespaul.

What is to worry about? as long as you only give your patient no more than 2.5 oz each visit! If you have 5 patients and 3 of them only require lets say 1/2 oz a month, what is wrong with making up the dif with some one that smokes 5 oz's a week? good way to get rid of ovatures! unsure.gif no im not stupid, but I realy have a friend who goes thru 1/4 lb a week, he smokes them like cigs, he is a cancer patient in remision, he smokes WEED like I smoke tobaco, I most def can not keep up with him, when I would drive him to the hospital for treatment, he burned 9 in 3 hr trip!

so their realy are people out ther that use it and then there are people who lets say share it!

Peace!

Jim

Agreed! Im glad that some one in here is not on their HIGH Horse!

Peace to you nsmn8r!

Jim

who says it is the patients plants? you can have upto 12 plants per patient, I suppose when your patient quits you , your gonna give them 12 grown plants and the 2.5 cured you have for them, for nothing, sheet I didnt ever even see my plants from my old c.g let alone get any back when i took c.g off!

I get all of my mm grade product off of the so called black market now, and Im not to sure there are to many around here that could get me mm as good as im getting now! in fact I know, unless you also have been growing it for the last 20 yrs! and if you have been than get off that high horse, you were once illegal, what make every one so perfect now that they can legaly do it? it gets tiring hearing about black market, if those people hadnt continued the strans out there they wouldnt be there, plus all the new ones the so called black market new strans! I would imagine swampy's free leonard was started in the black market eh?

I know there are some patients who have just started using weed (mm) for the first time in their lives for help with there disabilitys. but beleive me they are the minority, most legal mm card holders have burned before they were legal and were part of the black market, including myself! Im not rightious and im not god so i dont judge any one, if you break the law you will go to jail, but we dont need to turn our back on our life long friends because they use recreationaly, or they grow and dont want to register!

I know we are all just trying to stay within the legal limits, have you tried growing 12 plants each for 5 patients? You tell me how you are going to stay under the legal limit? If you are a newbie you should at the very least be over a lil at crop time, if not take a class, cause I have no clue how i could ever have 60 plants and not go over the limit! well yea I do, I will have several mothers, clones, veg, and flower all totaling less than 50 plants, and I can garantee I will have enough meds at all times for 5 patients and stay under the socalled mi limits, im worried about uncle sam so I wont go over 50 even though my state says i can have 72 including my own, wow what an awsome basement of green 72 plants! I know Id have to give tons away quickly to not have more than im supposed to!

Peace!

Jim

just a reminder it says that a patient can have up to 2.5 oz at a time so if he comes over monday and gets 2.5 ozs then comes over tuesday and gets another 2.5 oz as a caregiver u can do that no where in the law does it state that he u can only give him 2.5 oz a week or month it says that he can get 2.5 oz at one time it does not say how often he can do that if it is going to the black market or he is doing ptp transfers that is not your concern that being said if i had a patient that was getting 5ozs a week u can be sure he would be paying street prices like phaquhatoo said if he has cancer i can see it but not really otherwise sorry but i would be charging him street prices for that amount of meds a week and i would love to know how u are getting more than qp A WEEK would love to know how to set that rotation up thats great but dont u have trouble with overrages even with the max amount of plants that just seems like alot every week pm me so we can talk

If this guy taking the 5 Oz's a week then gets popped doing p2p transfers by some overzealous LEO or if hes even suspected of trafficking that could lead LEO back to the caregivers home who they will more likely see as a drug dealer instead of a legal carded caregiver .

A lot of law enforcement officers still dont believe that p2p is legal .

We should not give in to this groups interpretation of the law.

Some of you are adopting the leo way of thinking. Its the patients right to have the product of their plants. 2.5 ozs at a time. If he or she believes in p2p then that's their biz. They could also be a caregiver, Donating to a cancer patient, making oil & saving until they have a complete 60 day supply to be ready for themselves ( I am doing this for when things go downhill). If your their caregiver why don't you know ?

The point is you are THEIR CAREGIVER , Not there keeper. If you are completely legal & still worried than maybe we should have a closer relationship with our patients. A discussion and agreements on p2p and other issues should be common place before contacts are entered into.

I think legally the patient is allowed all of the product from their plants, 2.5 at a time......If a caregiver withholds the patients product because of unfounded suspicion than they could be open to a lawsuit......

I'm not going to put restriction on my patients that aren't in the law....................I'll leave that to LEO.......

We track our patients consumption and monitor and evalutate every month with them. We have a variety of strains that we get for them to try. We want them to have the best meds available to them. We don't have any patients taking 2.5/oz every day as we would question the consumption of the meds. We want to maintain a strict adherance to being 100% legal at all times...Especially after investing alot of money into the best equipment to provide the highest quality meds available.

Who is on a high horse here?

Pointing out the obvious is not being on a high horse by any means nobody consumes that much cannabis in one week no way and theres no way to confirm if hes legitimately giving it to patients who are not covered by your card who knows if they wouldnt try to pull in a unknowing caregiver into some idiot patients drug delivery case.

Your looking through rose colored glasses if you dont think this could blow up in this caregivers face if you want i can go bring back news reports where law enforcement specifically worded that they were arrested for dealing with patients that were not part of a caregiver patient relationship i understand thats sad and wrong in so many ways .

People depending on vague wording in the law to go their way is like believing in unicorns or the tooth fairy i trust very few people when it comes to my card status i do not have the money to pay my power bill half the time let alone fight a legal battle to prove my innocence. .

I haven't confronted this patient about his consumption because it's none of my buisness! Personal usage is PERSONAL! MY garden is 100% legal. My amount of usuable MM is NEVER over, my patients NEVER leave my house with more than 2.5oz. I WELCOME LEO INTO MY GARDEN (with warrant, I'm no fool!) If the patient IS diverting his meds to other patients, the black market or anyone else how can I be held accountable? I have no knowlege of diversion (I haven't asked)and I follow the law to the letter. and like I said, Personal usage is personal.

I haven't confronted this patient about his consumption because it's none of my buisness! Personal usage is PERSONAL! MY garden is 100% legal. My amount of usuable MM is NEVER over, my patients NEVER leave my house with more than 2.5oz. I WELCOME LEO INTO MY GARDEN (with warrant, I'm no fool!) If the patient IS diverting his meds to other patients, the black market or anyone else how can I be held accountable? I have no knowlege of diversion (I haven't asked)and I follow the law to the letter. and like I said, Personal usage is personal.

Thing is how do you know this is how law enforcement will see this if your patient is breaking the law ?

Im not trying to demean you nobodys wants another innocent law abiding patient/caregiver put through a no knock drug raid where they shoot your familys dogs if you have one confiscate everything you have and then make you pay thousands to prove you didn't know thats what was going on .

I take it the product drying is not useable

You took it right! What is hanging and curing with no roots is "not useable" and is "not a plant" either. Until it completes the drying/curing process. That just makes common sence unless you want harsh, weaker,product. MM needs to be cured and dried properly! Pick only enough to make up your 2 1/2 oz. and no more. Have questions? Read the rules or ask administration. :lol:

Archived