Legalities Of Edibles

DON'T LIE! ANYTHING you say can be used against you!

YOUR RIGHTS

- You have the right to remain silent. If you wish to exercise that right, say so out loud.

- You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home.

- If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave.

- You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested. Ask for one immediately.

- Regardless of your immigration or citizenship status, you have constitutional rights.

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES

- Do stay calm and be polite.

- Do not interfere with or obstruct the police.

- Do not lie or give false documents.

- Do prepare yourself and your family in case you are arrested.

- Do remember the details of the encounter.

- Do file a written complaint or call your local ACLU if you feel your rights have been violated.

Check out this site:

What to do if you're stopped by the police.

If LEO followed the law then I would say nothing. I still say lie like mad and say nothing. Either way they are going to use what you say against you lie or truth. They will make up what they need anyway. I will never tell LEO the truth most are muffin makers and will twist anything you say, so why not lie. I like your list but they will never abide by it so why would I.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is the police are experts at catching you in lies. Then they will use those lies to make you look bad like you had something to lie about. It is best to remain silent and demand you lawyer. I am thinking it might be worth putting a lawyer on retainer and carrying his card at all times.

Guest Wayne

I support JB's line of thinking but would never advise others to follow it until clarified by the courts. That is unless like JB your willing to be the test case. Not everyone is born to be a political hero, but I admire those that have, and unfortunately will.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps its better to just make bubble hash and eat the bubble hash...become a hash eater

Its easier to measure dosages

cakes, muffins, cookies, butter, sugar, flour, I hate to break it to you but these are not exactally health products! LOL!

...bubble hash is going to give weight you can measure...plus it can be made hours after the chop (freeze it)

With that "mixture" in the law...that wording is powerful

Maybe edibles.. "heavy duty treats" if you will..make em...share em consume em

Special occations...thoughs things are unpredictable...especially the muffins!

bunnymuffin!

I really would rather not eat sugar before crashing which is edible specialty the knock out

...We really need a marijuana lawyer for this one alot of people use edibles!!!

Perhaps its better to just make bubble hash and eat the bubble hash...become a hash eater

Its easier to measure dosages

cakes, muffins, cookies, butter, sugar, flour, I hate to break it to you but these are not exactally health products! LOL!

...bubble hash is going to give weight you can measure...plus it can be made hours after the chop (freeze it)

With that "mixture" in the law...that wording is powerful

Maybe edibles.. "heavy duty treats" if you will..make em...share em consume em

Special occations...thoughs things are unpredictable...especially the muffins!

bunnymuffin!

I really would rather not eat sugar before crashing which is edible specialty the knock out

...We really need a marijuana lawyer for this one alot of people use edibles!!!

it may be easier for some to produce hash, i have never had any experience with it, i can produce batches of edibles in about the same amount of time from what ive read, and my experience as a chef has afforded me the opportunity to be able process cannabis and incorporate cannabis into several items, not just brownies and cookies and sugar and butter. my goal is to provide edibles to those who need to have cannabis in a smokeless form, as well as to those that just enjoy food. i know that im going to come under fire at some point, and im working diligently to have all the bases covered when i do.

thanks for the input, well have to see how this turns out

it may be easier for some to produce hash, i have never had any experience with it, i can produce batches of edibles in about the same amount of time from what ive read, and my experience as a chef has afforded me the opportunity to be able process cannabis and incorporate cannabis into several items, not just brownies and cookies and sugar and butter. my goal is to provide edibles to those who need to have cannabis in a smokeless form, as well as to those that just enjoy food. i know that im going to come under fire at some point, and im working diligently to have all the bases covered when i do.

thanks for the input, well have to see how this turns out

Yep

and there are some healthy things you can incorporate cannabis into with rolled oats and things that's why I'd like to hear from a lawyer on this on considering the wording of the law and way its been with over zealous leos its such an important component to medical cannabis

Yeah,

Its easy...probably easier to just make edibles and they are convienant people like em that's for sure...and very effective

Yep

and there are some healthy things you can incorporate cannabis into with rolled oats and things that's why I'd like to hear from a lawyer on this on considering the wording of the law and way its been with over zealous leos its such an important component to medical cannabis

Yeah,

Its easy...probably easier to just make edibles and they are convienant people like em that's for sure...and very effective

Right on Herb, thanks for the feedback, we plan on contacting a lawyer very soon, this week in fact to find out exactly where we stand, there are a couple of areas in the law we are concerned with, and have a realistic expectation of this being a steady, carefully planned adventure. and who knows, it may fizzle into nothing, but i have to try :)

i do appreciate the advice, and shall heed the warning.

• 2 weeks later...

The limit to the about of medibles is an amount that is reasonable necessary for the patient to have an uninterrupted supply of medication.

As a registered patient, you are protected for up to 2.5 ounces of “preparations thereof”.

I differ with Budz in regards to the measurement of cannabis product within your medibles. I don’t see how one can prove the amount of product has been used. I use a little less material than Budz, but if I was to make a cookie the size of a house, I would say it contains only a gram of material, if my word counted.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, most who make medibles have not figured out how to make them without a green tint in the product. Isn't it quite evident, when your chocolate chip cookies have a green tint to them? I mean c'mon, do you really think that popo aren't aware that we make medibles, and that they aren't looking at all foodstuff when they enter a home looking for medical cannabis?...we are better off showing the intent to follow the law, then trying to explain in a courtroom why we tried to pull a fast one! It's all about perception, intent vs. trying to be sneaky...

I cook with cannabis all the time - every kind of food you could imagine. I haven't had "green tinted" food except for my actual budder. I cook everything from eggs to pizza to chili to meatloaf and mac n cheese. You can't tell from unmedicated food.

I agree though JB - we have to show we have integrity. LEO and local governments are trying to change the law on us or bastardize the law as it is written. We need to educate and then follow the law we teach them.

Off Topic - JB - was great seeing you in Toronto! Hope to see you there this upcoming June.

The limit to the about of medibles is an amount that is reasonable necessary for the patient to have an uninterrupted supply of medication.

As a registered patient, you are protected for up to 2.5 ounces of “preparations thereof”.

I differ with Budz in regards to the measurement of cannabis product within your medibles. I don’t see how one can prove the amount of product has been used. I use a little less material than Budz, but if I was to make a cookie the size of a house, I would say it contains only a gram of material, if my word counted.

I think we all forget about that "amount that is reasonable necessary for the patient to have an uninterrupted supply of medication".

• 3 months later...

I gave a guy a canna carmel. He took it to the police in Kalkaska. They came and showed up at my house. I offered to give them the 6 that i had left he told me no keep them for myself. The police sent it to lansing to be tested for thc.

he said he would call me to turn myself in if the procecutor decides to press charges against me. My first mistake was giving someone a carmel that did not have a card and he is 24 yrs. old. The one thing I did do by the advice of my lawyer was to make up cards with what ingredients and how much are in each carmel. The cop said it goes by the weight with everything in it, not just the canna butter. The card protects me I believe because is specifies how much canna butter is in it and I would hope that no peer of mine would jail me over .56mg of marijuana. in a carmel.

as we no now the guy that got busted last week Leo weighted his cake:angry:

Met the man who had this happen to him and his Girlfriend and sister who is still in jail serving time for two canna cookies given to a kidney failure patient who may i add is now dead.. Had him and the members filming Our vote counts? over not long ago. it is sad what they are doing to him and his family. what they are doing to all of us... they are weighing his entire cake.. your right.. not the amount of canna butter thats in it but the pan the cake all of it.. sick isnt it? My husband and myself will be at his court dates for support in the cause..

- Do not interfere with or obstruct the police.

i would only add, ONLY IF THEY PUT A VALID SEARCH WARRENT IN YOUR HAND. Get to KNOW what a VALID warrent looks like, i dont put it past a zelot LEO handing you improperly filled out, not filled out, or possibly even forged "Warrents" to gain access.

no VALID search warrent, no co operation. shut and lock the door, and do not allow them to enter, and do not reply to their screams of reality, which is you Exercising your right to say flower you and go have a seat and watch some TV or listen to some music. when the cops start shouting, have a buddy call 911, and tell them someone is on your neighbors porch beating on the door and shouting and its very disruptive to your sleeping children. ofcourse use a cell phone wiht call blocking to make the 911 call.

play the game, just play it legally.

Section 3, paragraph (j), defines "usable marihuana" as "the dried leaves and flowers of the marijuana plant, and ANY MIXTURE OR PREPARATION THEREOF

the key your missing is the word "thereof". Merriam Webster defines that as "Of that or it". So that sentence says usable marihuana is the flowers and dried leaves of the marijuana plant, and any mixture or preparation of leaves and flowers of the plant.

Cedar

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, most who make medibles have not figured out how to make them without a green tint in the product. Isn't it quite evident, when your chocolate chip cookies have a green tint to them? I mean c'mon, do you really think that popo aren't aware that we make medibles, and that they aren't looking at all foodstuff when they enter a home looking for medical cannabis?...we are better off showing the intent to follow the law, then trying to explain in a courtroom why we tried to pull a fast one! It's all about perception, intent vs. trying to be sneaky...

you mean the chlorophyll? well if your making butter all you gotta do is a water treatment or 2 and ur good.

• 3 months later...

Archived