Grudges

ftg.jpg

I recently came across this image with these words on it and it really got me thinking....

Hopefully, it will get a few of you thinking as well...

Sadly I've got a three room apartment house in my head that I have to 'vacate' every now and then.

Thanks for the reminder. Time for some 'house' cleaning.

What I learned about grudges is, whoever holds them usually develops health problems. I knew a woman who held grudges against some people, though she was totally wrong, but refused to believe the truth. She looked many years older than she was, her hair turned white long before she reached 60 and her face was wrinkled, too. Her health was declining, and eventually her husband left her, took the children with him, because she mistreated many people who had never done anything wrong to her, including me. I've known many others who lost their health, among other things. It catches up to us all and brings that ugliness out from the inside, where it's visible for all to see.

I know it's hard not to hold a grudge if the reason is valid. On the flip side of this is forgiveness. Forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting, though many say it does, but I believe they're wrong, I truly do. If we forget, we're doomed to repeat the mistake. Forgiveness is as much a benefit to the one forgiving, as it is to the one who needs to be given it. It's directly related to the grudge.

IMHO.

Sb

Archived