State Should Set Up Dispensary System...

The original law about auto dealerships was not a ballot initiative.

You are talking in circles again.

Dispensaries effect medical cannabis, the law, and effect patients and caregivers.

Wrong. Again with the all inclusive, biased statements.

And how does a dispensary effect the law? We were talking about laws that effect dispensaries. Not the other way around.

Guest Happy Guy

Go ask Michael K. But spell check it first before you copy and paste it. LOL You have the same spelling errors as him when you copy and paste his words. We are paying attention.

Go ask Michael K. But spell check it first before you copy and paste it. LOL You have the same spelling errors as him when you copy and paste his words. We are paying attention.

Hey! I have an idea!!

Why don't we go back to yelling about greedy caregivers! There's more of them than there is dispensaries!

The growers in California killed prop 19. Those greedy growers were more concerned about their money flow than they were about the small people/ end consumer.

Some folks here want to protect their own cash flow. .. greedy caregivers. No one should be able to cut into their turf. Even if patients are forced to do without.

They don't give a s**t about the needs of the patient. They only want to protect their own pockets.

Organized caregivers tend to conclude that they are the only ones allowed to earn money.

I've seen meetings where they have concluded that $250 will be the price, period. And they are the only ones that are allowed to earn money.

They sell something that may take them $100 to grow and sell it for $250. The person that they sell to is not allowed to add one thin dime. Doesn't matter if the person has to drive across the entire state to get a half ounce for a patient in need. They are expected to donate their time and gas.

Expected to donate when they receive money for their efforts.

Nobody elses pocket matters except for the grower. It is considered immoral for anyone else to make money. While it is moral to line their own pockets.

Guest Happy Guy

Organized caregivers tend to conclude that they are the only ones allowed to earn money.

I've seen meetings where they have concluded that $250 will be the price, period. And they are the only ones that are allowed to earn money.

They sell something that may take them $100 to grow and sell it for $250. The person that they sell to is not allowed to add one thin dime. Doesn't matter if the person has to drive across the entire state to get a half ounce for a patient in need. They are expected to donate their time and gas.

Expected to donate when they receive money for their efforts.

Nobody elses pocket matters except for the grower. It is considered immoral for anyone else to make money. While it is moral to line their own pockets.

Call it immoral to ask $200 for an ounce you grew with your own hands. I think the majority of the readers here would appreciate that price very very much. Just try to tear that down Mr. PB. You are fighting a losing battle with compassion and honor on our side and markups and profits on yours. Let alone the attacks on our rights to grow by dispensary owners and advocates alike. We listened and tried to unite. Their profit margin and monopoly business model doesn't leave room for the little grower. Their actions invoked what you see today, patients standing up against dispensaries and regulation. We need to stand strong against anything or anyone that would take away a patient's right to grow their own anywhere they live. Dispensaries advocates have attacked that right more than once.

Call it immoral to ask $200 for an ounce you grew with your own hands. I think the majority of the readers here would appreciate that price very very much. Just try to tear that down Mr. PB. You are fighting a losing battle with compassion and honor on our side and markups and profits on yours. Let alone the attacks on our rights to grow by dispensary owners and advocates alike. We listened and tried to unite. Their profit margin and monopoly business model doesn't leave room for the little grower. Their actions invoked what you see today, patients standing up against dispensaries and regulation. We need to stand strong against anything or anyone that would take away a patient's right to grow their own anywhere they live. Dispensaries advocates have attacked that right more than once.

Simple fact .. you are only trying to protect your own pocket at the expense of others.

You would go so far as to urge the arrest of your competition. To protect your income.

Guest Happy Guy

Simple fact .. you are only trying to protect your own pocket at the expense of others.

You would go so far as to urge the arrest of your competition. To protect your income.

They are only my competition when they want to shut down my personal grow. You have no idea about my pockets. LOL You have no accounts of my actions. My hands are clean. I do have some accounts of yours concerning ripping people off. You don't want to go there. People in glass houses.... You don't want to go personal and break the rules here do you? Or are you baiting me into something you can edit and ban me for? Get back on track. Keep the conversation to the facts like I have.

What a change in rhetoric (about face) since the election.

What happened to the Law is Clear

The only real and growing problem is for dispensaries. They know it We know it , the new ag knows it.

I dont want the gov to tell me where to buy, what strain i need or how to consume it....properly

...references please. Seems like a damaging statement to our cause..no?

No change in the law will stop or even deter anyone who participates in the black market. There are laws now that are ignored..do you thimk a couple more laws will change that? Get Real

The Law is clear....the people want to be able to grow their own meds or have a compassionate caregiver...THAT IS EVIDENT on this and every other MMJ site in the state. There is NO shortage of CG. it will take some time for the people to come up to speed.....lets give them some time before we pull the rug out from under them.

The dispensary system is the perverse system...it is contrary to the law as written and the will of the people.

It is the only way the gov and big business can profit on the meds( which is where the big money is) instead of just revenue from sales tax of nutes and lights..etc.

Show me one dept of the state o mi that works efficiently and effectively in the eyes of us citizens...

The gov and big business cant handle power in the peoples hands let alone $$ they always lookin to take it from us

After all they need to protect us from ourselves.

The only ones pushing for dispensaries are the ones who stand to profit from them.

The dispensaries jumped onto the scene expecting the same as CA. Now they know it aint so and are runnin scared...and they should.

The Law as written is Good Law for the people( and that was the mantra before the election)...

Now the mantra is we need the State to dictate What When Where and How....thru a dispensary NO THANKS

the dispensary system is only good for big business and gov.

it will take more than 30 pieces of silver for the citizens to swallow this BS

i wish the greedy dispensaries and their minions all the misfortune they deserve.

peace

btw eating chicken soup does nothing for the soul...it feeds the flesh.

If you're so peaceful, why do you insist on taking digs at my comments.

My quest is to find out who you are...it will happen.

Happy Holidays - no peace from me to you...

Mizerman

They are only my competition when they want to shut down my personal grow. You have no idea about my pockets. LOL You have no accounts of my actions. My hands are clean. I do have some accounts of yours concerning ripping people off. You don't want to go there. People in glass houses.... You don't want to go personal and break the rules here do you? Or are you baiting me into something you can edit and ban me for? Get back on track. Keep the conversation to the facts like I have.

How about a ban?

That would be lovely....

You are on some sort of holy trip that condemns the activities of your competition.

Money is only holy if it makes it into your pockets. It belongs to nobody else.

You will go so far as to endanger the supply of medicine to patients, if it improves your cash flow.

Guest Happy Guy

You are on some sort of holy trip that condemns the activities of your competition.

Money is only holy if it makes it into your pockets. It belongs to nobody else.

You will go so far as to endanger the supply of medicine to patients, if it improves your cash flow.

The only way it improves my cash flow is because I do not have to spend $5000 a year on my medicine like I used to. I don't want to have to quit growing because the dispensaries want a monopoly. They applaud moritoriums. They are united.

I agree it is selfish of me to want to be able to keep growing to help my illness. I'm definitely guilty of that. Did you have to go so far as to make it sound dirty? Do you still need to flip out my pockets and empty them because I can't grow due to a moritorium asked for by a high dollar dispensary lobbyist? Or can I keep what is mine? I know what the answer is from you. You want the lint too. LOL Now lets not get so personal. It's not just about one patient and one greedy dispensary advocate.

The current law does not address dispensaries, and the legality of patient to patient transfers justifies their existence. Therefore, dispensary regulation can take place without affecting the current law whatsoever.

The state should take no other action than to issue an opinion that patient to patient transfers are legal. From there, it is up to each county to set regulations. A city may then add a layer of regulation within that county’s framework.

Whether or not you are an advocate of such regulation is pointless, because it is inevitable. It can’t be stopped. It is just the way it is.

The only question to be answered at this point is if the regulation will come from a small special interest group, or by a larger and more representative group of patients and caregivers. Based on how this thread is proceeding, it appears as though the later is in trouble.

Larger groups (if they can come together) would be well advised to come up with their own set of regulations to present at the county level for dispensaries, while at the same time making it clear that they will not accept any changes to the current law.

Personally, I would like to see a not-for-profit entity outlined that combines the farmer’s market model with the locker box rental model. The farmer’s market appears to be in the patient’s best interest (assuming price fixing between farmer’s is avoided), and the locker box rental allows for sales tax to be collected.

And since such a model has no name, I am going to go ahead and call it a “Safe Access Center.” I am sick of the "D" word and will not speak it anymore.

Any thoughts on proposing “Safe Access Centers” at the county level without laying a finger on the current law and without jeopardizing current rights?

The current law does not address dispensaries, and the legality of patient to patient transfers justifies their existence. Therefore, dispensary regulation can take place without affecting the current law whatsoever.

The state should take no other action than to issue an opinion that patient to patient transfers are legal. From there, it is up to each county to set regulations. A city may then add a layer of regulation within that county’s framework.

Whether or not you are an advocate of such regulation is pointless, because it is inevitable. It can’t be stopped. It is just the way it is.

The only question to be answered at this point is if the regulation will come from a small special interest group, or by a larger and more representative group of patients and caregivers. Based on how this thread is proceeding, it appears as though the later is in trouble.

Larger groups (if they can come together) would be well advised to come up with their own set of regulations to present at the county level for dispensaries, while at the same time making it clear that they will not accept any changes to the current law.

Personally, I would like to see a not-for-profit entity outlined that combines the farmer’s market model with the locker box rental model. The farmer’s market appears to be in the patient’s best interest (assuming price fixing between farmer’s is avoided), and the locker box rental allows for sales tax to be collected.

And since such a model has no name, I am going to go ahead and call it a “Safe Access Center.” I am sick of the "D" word and will not speak it anymore.

Any thoughts on proposing “Safe Access Centers” at the county level without laying a finger on the current law and without jeopardizing current rights?

I like that - Safe Access Center :thumbsu:

-DN

Great article.

I find it funny so many people say the dispensaries are only worried about money and then follow the statement with "I would never pay...". Who cares if they are charging $1000 a gram, I love having the CHOICE to by that gram or not.

I can not afford a nice boat, but I love seeing that some people can...

Freedom is freedom.

I feel the same way about dispensarys. It gives people a choice, yea I mite be one of the guys that say I wont pay that, But I will also say I want them in fricking gas stations, with tobaco, on every intersection.( jared . bottled bagged) i dont care, Id love to have the choice also,

I have never bought a gram of weed in my life, So I guess I mite go check one out and buy a gram or 8 just for a lil variety, when I have the extra $$$!!

Im always looking for something better! and I dont mind paying!

I do respect and feel for all the folks doing the despenses, been a hard run for lots of em, specialy oakland county, one of my old stomping grounds! I Hope and pray all who are being persecuted are finaly found innocent, I know it wont give you back the months or yrs of worrying, but this to shall pass!

Happy Holiday's

Peace on earth!

FTW

Jim

p.s I got my a lil 17ft glasstron, ,1978 all orignal, 90 horse black max (mercury) 6 cylinder, 3 carbs, she stands up and dances!

I can pull 8 trick skiers! lol didnt pay poop for it, painted a garage!

Right now, there are areas of the state where a single caregiver with one single patient has been defined as a dispensary.

The city of Ann Arbor proposes that any location that grows even one single plant as a "cultivation facility."

They say that they are simply regulating dispensaries and commercial growing.

Many within our community have become convinced we need to stand against such operations. Without realizing they are standing against themselves.

Compassion Clubs are being defined as dispensaries. Many compassion club leaders loudly proclaim that dispensaries are illegal, not realizing they might be talking about themselves.

We need to shape the world we are about to walk into.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Association made a major change in our current world. Look at the system tried to pull off:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/page/articles/compassionclubs/org/proposed-admin-rules

This is the world we would have lived in without the MMMA stepping in. We had a unified face. We identified at least twenty places where the proposed rules directly violated the law. We went in and stood up for the law. We stood up to protect our law. As we have continued to do from that day forward.

And I do so when it seems the rest of the mmj community disagrees with me. I will not agree to claim the law says something different than it does. JUST WILL NOT. It has cost me in the past and will probably cost me again in the future.

Some, perhaps most, have small places in the law that we wished were different. But there is nothing that warrants the risk of letting the politicians in Lansing shape our world. Not if we can.

We need a clear definition of exactly what a dispensary is. We must be sure that caregivers are not included in that definition. Co-op grows need to be defined clearly NOT commercial grows. Co-op would be two or more caregivers sharing the same building. These are people banding together for the sake of lower costs with increased security. They are NOT the mafia.

There must be no registration of patients or caregivers with anyone else except the MDCH. They must not be allowed to modify what we have. If there is a caregiver that can grow 72 plants in the dog house in the back yard using extension cords .. God bless him. The law says he can. And it is not worth the risk of letting politicians in Lansing try to "fix" that.

Lansing has it's chance to do the right things all along. And they refused. Now it's to late.

I believe they could establish a dispensary regulation system. If they completely left patients and caregivers alone it would only require a simple majority instead of the 75% required to modify the existing law. Even if they choose to completely outlaw dispensaries, it would still only take a simple majority. Maybe .. and only if they left the patients and caregivers completely alone.

We can not protect the patients, caregivers and the law itself as a divided community.

There are things that we need.

We need testing facilities that can test for purity and quality. Free of charge, if possible. That means funding.

We need medical research facilities where human testing can take place.

We need hospitals to be able to administer these medicines.

We need hospice centers that have their own gardens.

We could claim these kinds of things in the world we are about to walk into. Or we can conduct petty conspiracies against others in our community and lose it all.

What kind of world do you want for tomorrow?

'brbud' post='237652'

"the only improvement would be No law against manufacture/possession/consumption

anything else is a huge step Backwards"

There you go the answers are usually simple .

I remember I read a piece when I was young by a wise Lady ( Senetor ) that ran for President titled :" I would rather be Black then Female ".It was very difficult for me to digest at first but the more I thought about it I took this meaning from it . I felt she stated no matter how hard we try were all a little predudice and brainwashed concerning certian civil rights issues ( her article refered to Womens rights in the US and used the race topic to jar ones thinking on both issues ) , we all have phobias from societal influence in our upbringings and social interactions of us vrs those different .All groups suffer injustice that is ridiculously accepted or pushed on others without merit . Its hard but we must recognize what is right or wrong at the bottom line - not just continue with what is comfortable for our Cannabis Community going forward . There is no moral reason to demand anything else but total freedom towards our ends like any other over the counter natural Herbal remedy .

It is natural at first after coming on board the Michigan Medical Cannabis Program to feel almost apologetic for Cannabis use due to past treatment .To hide our identities . It will take time before many of us straighten our backs and simpley demand equal rights or even envision - true equal rights .

I see so many willing to compromise due to the terrible injustice that has occured in the last 70 years of Cannabis prohibition that results in Imprisonement , death , job loss ect .Penalties that have occured to people who were responsable and doing their jobs not involved in any crime other then using a plant for medicinal reasons .We fail to even mention the prohibitist ends prevented them from utilizing all their talents to benefit society . We're often so persecuted we have the rational thought to go back underground ( retreat) . Don't compromise , don't give up a thing - stand the line and push forward because morality requires no less .

We must put away our own insidious thoughts the Prohibitionist propoganda and injustice has pushed into the back of all our minds . We have nothing to apoligize or compromise for .

I am right on board with you , change no wording in the original act the only improvement would be a addendum to our act resulting in " No law against manufacture/possession/consumption/adding sales between card holders and or dispensories anything else is a huge step Backwards"

There I go again with my own phobias . Why should you really even need a card or the limits of the program ?

Wow Im getting fricking old!

:)) I actualy thought my eyes were better, till I got to the next post! :thumbsu:

Peace

FTW

Jim

Right now, there are areas of the state where a single caregiver with one single patient has been defined as a dispensary.

The city of Ann Arbor proposes that any location that grows even one single plant as a "cultivation facility."

They say that they are simply regulating dispensaries and commercial growing.

Many within our community have become convinced we need to stand against such operations. Without realizing they are standing against themselves.

Compassion Clubs are being defined as dispensaries. Many compassion club leaders loudly proclaim that dispensaries are illegal, not realizing they might be talking about themselves.

We need to shape the world we are about to walk into.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Association made a major change in our current world. Look at the system tried to pull off:

http://michiganmedic...sed-admin-rules

This is the world we would have lived in without the MMMA stepping in. We had a unified face. We identified at least twenty places where the proposed rules directly violated the law. We went in and stood up for the law. We stood up to protect our law. As we have continued to do from that day forward.

And I do so when it seems the rest of the mmj community disagrees with me. I will not agree to claim the law says something different than it does. JUST WILL NOT. It has cost me in the past and will probably cost me again in the future.

Some, perhaps most, have small places in the law that we wished were different. But there is nothing that warrants the risk of letting the politicians in Lansing shape our world. Not if we can.

We need a clear definition of exactly what a dispensary is. We must be sure that caregivers are not included in that definition. Co-op grows need to be defined clearly NOT commercial grows. Co-op would be two or more caregivers sharing the same building. These are people banding together for the sake of lower costs with increased security. They are NOT the mafia.

There must be no registration of patients or caregivers with anyone else except the MDCH. They must not be allowed to modify what we have. If there is a caregiver that can grow 72 plants in the dog house in the back yard using extension cords .. God bless him. The law says he can. And it is not worth the risk of letting politicians in Lansing try to "fix" that.

Lansing has it's chance to do the right things all along. And they refused. Now it's to late.

I believe they could establish a dispensary regulation system. If they completely left patients and caregivers alone it would only require a simple majority instead of the 75% required to modify the existing law. Even if they choose to completely outlaw dispensaries, it would still only take a simple majority. Maybe .. and only if they left the patients and caregivers completely alone.

We can not protect the patients, caregivers and the law itself as a divided community.

There are things that we need.

We need testing facilities that can test for purity and quality. Free of charge, if possible. That means funding.

We need medical research facilities where human testing can take place.

We need hospitals to be able to administer these medicines.

We need hospice centers that have their own gardens.

We could claim these kinds of things in the world we are about to walk into. Or we can conduct petty conspiracies against others in our community and lose it all.

What kind of world do you want for tomorrow?

:goodjob:

No Thanks.....Lipstick on a Pig

we the people voted on the law as written

dispensaries are not protected...let them fight for their own rights to rip us off.

does the state care about your health? do the dispensary owners care about your health?

heck no they are motivated by profit

keep the state outta my personal life and away from my meds.

who would stand to gain?....NOT THE PATIENT

dispensary owners...rich and greedy...25/30 gr. even the term dispensary is void of compassion...more sterile and institutional

attorneys...show me the money..im sure the dispensary owners can maintain a better revenue stream than us poor patients

big pharma.....who inevitably will buy up all the licenses and dispensaries....if you dont believe this your high!

the state....mo money.....a lot of talk of $$$$ in this piece...where is the love?....notta

patients have no where to start....yeah right. you can find out where you can get meds from any Jr high o high schooler.

go to MMMA and inquire.

this will eventually lead to big pharmas monopoly of our good law and dispensaries....screw that

Give our New Good Law 10 years to mature before ripping it apart or changing it etc.

I'll be vigilantly attending and protesting any and all meetings that further regulate/change the cg/pt system

Dispensaries....i think you got big trouble ahead BIG Trouble

Attorneys...protect the patient and caregiver not fight for the profit centered dispensary.

Very Disappointed

cleaned out the inbox for those hostile emails...i do read them all

Not ALL dispensaries are charging crazy prices like that. The ones that are, I can see your point of not caring about those ones, but a lot of the "vendors" at the cafe and such were NOT charging crazy prices and are facing over 10 years in jail... So for you to sit there and say oh yeah we deserve it or whatever....your wrong, we don't. Don't judge us all by what you heard about 1 of them. that's just judgemental

Not ALL dispensaries are charging crazy prices like that. The ones that are, I can see your point of not caring about those ones, but a lot of the "vendors" at the cafe and such were NOT charging crazy prices and are facing over 10 years in jail... So for you to sit there and say oh yeah we deserve it or whatever....your wrong, we don't. Don't judge us all by what you heard about 1 of them. that's just judgemental

friend

if you are not legal...you deserve what you get..

if the motive is profit...we wish you misfortune

if compassion is motivation....we wish you well

we wish no man any harm

we sent 24 patients to 6 dispensaries

none of the $25 samples purchased measured up to what we have available...for FREE

we the people did not vote for dispensaries...we voted for the pt/cg model...

we have no issue with dispenceries...in CA or elsewhere...however they outside the scope of the peoples vote in MI

we do NOT want to become California or Arizona

many good men sacrificed all for you to have the rights you enjoy...many more will follow

the defendants are such as those...the court will decide and we will abide by their decision

freedom is not cheap.

someone posted they knew cg's selling $600/oz...if those are the cg's you hang with then i can see how us little people dont matter.

in terms of a trust issue with those negotiating on behalf of the mmj community...who decided you or anyone negotiate the will of the people for us?. We voted ..thank you

"the law is clear" has been the slogan up till the election.

we need to defend the right we the people voted for not conceded to greed.

its is apparent that some can not see past the carnal mind and can not comprehend past $$...truely sad

put away the wants of your flesh and open your heart.