State Should Set Up Dispensary System...

I think there is a trust issue with anyone negotiating on behalf of the community, when the proposed system will be dysfunctional. I know that some dispensaries(and I do mean a few) want the right to have large commercial grows. Why would they want this right, if they intended for this new system to purchase overages from caregivers and patients. Big business is currently trying it's best to eliminate it's competition the growing patient and caregiver. For the life of me I don't know why. If dispensaries want the support of the community, they must start acting like they are part of this community, and not like they want to own/buy it. It is not for sale.

I want to make sure that you folks understand that the large majority of dispensaries are super compassionate caring people worthy of our support. We should not generalize or penalize those who are trying to integrate into the community. Those that show any inclination to eliminate or place further burdens on the current system should be boycotted out of existence. We do not need to, nor should we go the path of other states. Michigan is in a depression. All Medical Marijuana Businesses should take that into account before making any business decision that adversely affects the current system. We will be watching. Thanks, Bb

Thank you Blueberry. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

As always, you are a calm voice of reason.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Mizerman

p.s. the dispensary I went to was super compassionate as well - God Bless Bill & Candi

I am going to second both of these sentiments. We are now seeing the very first major dispute in this community rear its ugly head again. It is also going to be the last dispute before legalization. Guess what; it's not going away and we have to learn to deal with it effectively. It is not for lack of trying.

Even if we have philosophical differences with dispensary advocates, we need to figure out a way to work with each other at arms length. The people in our movement openly advocating for or operating dispensaries are not the enemy; it is those that we can't see, working behind the scenes to simultaneously eliminate our right to grow while granting themselves special dispensing and growing rights.

The major fear of those calling foul on dispensary advocates is that they will turn on us behind closed doors and trade our grow rights for dispensaries. While this fear is justified of those we can't see, I truly feel it is no longer justified for those among us. The very few activists that are willing to give up personal grow rights for dispensaries are fairly well known and do not conceal their opinions even before crowds.

Additionally, dispensaries that operate based on out-of-state overages should expect resistance from in-state growers. Whether or not the law supports the basic activities of dispensaries, it certainly does not support a dispensary with its cannabis supply based in another state and none of us wants to get behind that behavior. Any supportable dispensary model will be backed by a patient/caregiver coop or collective that is structured to provide an uninterruptible supply.

And those that think local growers hold their opinions on dispensaries only out of self-interest should understand that not all dispensaries in the state of Michigan have the best interests of patients at heart. Many local growers truly believe they can serve patients better and at a lower price than dispensaries if just given the time to build the industry and the protection to cooperate. Given the phenomenal quality at unregulated farmer's markets versus most unregulated dispensaries I have been to, I can't say I disagree.

I don't want dispensaries to stay unregulated and unprotected. The problem with dispensaries is not the business model itself but the lack of regulation and protection. If dispensaries had to supply themselves with tested overages from local patients and caregivers, and were forced to expose their financials as a nonprofit, I think many would find them more palatable.

A dispensary caught advocating for special grow rights will find itself in the MMMA's crosshairs, however.

I have on thought on promoting and developing the proper formation of a dispensory system after listening to Professor Robert Sedler of Wayne State University speak of how long it will take for medicinal Cannabis use to be accepted in our Counry ( min. 40+ years )

The job , education , and insurance discrimination that will exist for patients for many decades is the main reason( besides Federal Constraints ) a qualified cardholders , small grower cottage Industry that feeds supply to a income based sliding fee scale ,non profit dispensory system must be added in a seperate Act without modifying the original . This industry should be encouraged at all costs . It is the patients reparations for decades of past and future injustice resulting in unequal access to jobs , education ,and other opertunities which have and do result in misery and death . All from a WAR they have been caught up in through a subjective health issue directed at healthy Citizens that never should of involved them ( medicinal herbal use ) or occured . Patients first !

I do not know what others are seeing but I have been told of amazing results from the physical therapy involved in growing within the severely chronically ill population in addition to the other benefits from this herb .There is nothing so motivating as the reduction of ones own unbearable suffering and having some control over it back . :mellow:

420PeaceOnEarth,

This is the spirit u will find at Chucks Place...

it's a Dispensary

And anyone who understands the history of the Marijuana Culture,

Know's Chuck is the Real!

Safermich] Redlined Ann Arbor regs/ could be trouble/ chuck‏clear.gifclear.gifinvis.gifChuck Ream

To safermich@googlegroups.com, safermich@googlegroups.com, a2dispensary@umich.eduFrom:safermich@googlegroups.com on behalf of Charles Ream (moksha@umich.edu) clear.gifSent:Sun 12/05/10 5:00 PMTo: safermich@googlegroups.com (safermich@googlegroups.com); safermich@googlegroups.com (safermich@googlegroups.com)Cc: a2dispensary@umich.edu (a2dispensary@umich.edu)Hotmail Active Viewclear.gif1 attachment (70.0 KB)doc.png ann arbor...docliveview_download_dark.pngDownload(70.0 KB)Download as zipHere is a copy of the Ann Arbor licensing regulation that I have

redlined (edited). We could have a real fight on our hands. All of us

have to prevent council from harassing caregivers with inspections and

fees. (they are ready to allow dispensaries - but all of us must first

protect the "little guy").

The next month is critical in Ann Arbor! Chuck Ream

Here is a VERY ROUGH draft of some ideas to bring forth. It is inspired by the MPP's current model draft legislation, and has been altered for a constitutional amendment being contemplated in another state. So, there are parts that might not make sense for Michigan.

I think it could be smoothed out and presented at county levels.

Enjoy-

Section 2. Definitions

(a) “Registered safe access center” means a not-for-profit entity registered pursuant to section 15 that acquires, possesses, cultivates, manufactures, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, or provides marijuana, paraphernalia, or related supplies and educational materials to registered qualifying patients, registered qualifying caregivers, or registered safe access center.

(b) “Safe access center agent” means a principal officer, board member, employee, volunteer, or agent of a registered safe access center

Section 15. Registration of Safe Access Centers.

(a) Safe access centers may operate if they have been issued a valid registration certificate from the department, or if the department has not acted upon the proposed safe access center within 20 days of receiving request and payment for registration. When applying for a safe access center registration certificate, the applicant shall submit the following in accordance with department regulations:

(1) A non-refundable registration application fee in an amount of $1000, which shall be refunded within 30 days if rejected.

(2) The legal name of the proposed safe access center.

(3) The physical address of the proposed safe access center and the proposed physical address of any additional locations, if any, where marijuana will be cultivated, harvested, packaged, labeled, or otherwise prepared for distribution or distributed by the safe access center.

(4) The name, address, and date of birth of each principal officer and board member of the safe access center, provided that all such individuals shall be at least 21 years of age.

(5) Written approval from the appropriate city, township, or village zoning official for the proposed address or addresses of the safe access center’s location or locations.

(b) an application for a safe access center registration certificate must be denied if any of the following conditions are met:

(1) the applicant failed to submit the materials required by this section.

(2) the applicant does not meet the requirements of section 20;

(3) one or more of the prospective principal officers or board members has been convicted of an excluded felony offense; and

(4) One or more of the principal officers or board members is younger than 21 years of age.

(e) When issuing a safe access center registration certificate, the department shall also issue a renewable registration certificate with an identification number.

Section 20. Requirements, Prohibitions, Penalties.

(a) A registered safe access center shall be operated on a not-for-profit basis. A registered safe access center need not be recognized as tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service and is not required to incorporate pursuant to ____.

(b) The operating documents of a registered safe access center shall include procedures for the oversight of the registered safe access center and procedures to ensure accurate recordkeeping.

© A registered safe access center shall implement appropriate security measures to deter and prevent the theft of marijuana and unauthorized entrance into areas containing marijuana.

(d) A registered safe access center and a registered safety compliance facility may not be located within 500 feet of the property line of a preexisting public or private school, place of worship, or daycare facility.

(e) A registered safe access center is prohibited from acquiring, possessing, cultivating, manufacturing, delivering, transferring, transporting, supplying, or dispensing marijuana for any purpose except to assist registered qualifying patients with the medical use of marijuana directly or through the qualifying patients' designated caregivers.

(f) All cultivation of marijuana for registered safe access centers must take place in an enclosed, locked location at the physical address or addresses provided to the department during the registration process, which can only be accessed by safe access center agents working or volunteering for the registered safe access center.

(g) A registered safe access center may not acquire usable marijuana or mature marijuana plants from any person other than another registered safe access center, a registered safe access center agent, a registered qualifying patient, or a registered designated caregiver.

(h) Before marijuana may be transferred to a designated caregiver, registered qualifying patient, a registered safe access center agent must determine that the individual is a current cardholder in the verification system and must verify each of the following:

(1) that the registry identification card presented to the registered safe access center is valid;

(2) that the person presenting the card is the person identified on the registry identification card presented to the registered safe access center agent;

(i) A registered safe access center or registered safe access center agent shall not dispense more than 2.5 ounces of marijuana to a registered qualifying patient, directly or via a designated caregiver, in any seven day period. Registered safe access centers shall ensure compliance with this limitation by maintaining internal, confidential records that include records specifying how much marijuana is being dispensed to the registered qualifying patient and whether it was dispensed directly to the registered qualifying patient or to the designated caregiver. Each entry must include the date and time the marijuana was dispensed.

(j) A registered safe access center or registered safe access center agent may only dispense marijuana to a visiting qualifying patient if he or she possesses a valid ______ registry identification card and if the procedures in sections (h) and (i) are followed.

(k) No person who has been convicted of an excluded felony offense may be a registered safe access center agent.

(l) The department may issue a civil fine of up to $1,000 for violations of this section.

(m) The department may suspend or revoke a registration certificate for serious or multiple violations of this chapter and regulations issued in accordance with this chapter. A registered safe access center may continue to cultivate and possess marijuana plants during a suspension, but it may not dispense, transfer, or sell marijuana.

(n) The suspension or revocation of a certificate is a final department action, subject to judicial review. Jurisdiction and venue for judicial review are vested in the _____ Court.

(o) Any cardholder who sells marijuana to a person who is not allowed to possess marijuana for medical purposes under this chapter shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and shall be subject to other penalties for the unauthorized sale of marijuana.

(p) The department may revoke the registry identification card of any cardholder who knowingly commits multiple or serious violations of this chapter.

(q) Registered safe access centers are subject to reasonable inspection by department regulations. The department shall give at reasonable notice of an inspection under this chapter.

""Even if we have philosophical differences with dispensary advocates, we need to figure out a way to work with each other at arms length. The people in our movement openly advocating for or operating dispensaries are not the enemy; it is those that we can't see, working behind the scenes to simultaneously eliminate our right to grow while granting themselves special dispensing and growing rights.

The major fear of those calling foul on dispensary advocates is that they will turn on us behind closed doors and trade our grow rights for dispensaries. While this fear is justified of those we can't see, I truly feel it is no longer justified for those among us. The very few activists that are willing to give up personal grow rights for dispensaries are fairly well known and do not conceal their opinions even before crowds.

Additionally, dispensaries that operate based on out-of-state overages should expect resistance from in-state growers. Whether or not the law supports the basic activities of dispensaries, it certainly does not support a dispensary with its cannabis supply based in another state and none of us wants to get behind that behavior. Any supportable dispensary model will be backed by a patient/caregiver coop or collective that is structured to provide an uninterruptible supply.""- quote zapatosunidos (its a bitc to spell that name bro!)

I think you are right - it looks like we are defining the next battle field for MMMP - dispensaries, and especially dispensaries that mess with michigan grower's rights.

It does not matter how you setup a distribution center for meds - a dispensary, a coop, a club, farmer's market or SAC (I will name my Center "Ball SAC" hows that?) - we need to ensure that the new rules that emerge, the new direction we proceed - is what will be good for the patients, the caregivers and the public.

I can be convinced of a compassionate, cooperative plan to supply legit patients or assist their caregivers.

I cannot be convinced that out of state meds is of any benefit to patients or caregivers - growers or not. We have to look to the distant future and make sure we build a strong system of medical marijuana distribution - something that will last. Cheap cuts to out of state meds will sell out michigan's future in medical marijuana - instead of encouraging growers to work together in michigan. Its not about the money, its about building a viable system that benefits both patient AND caregiver, and non-grower and grower.

We should have learned from past experience and stop infighting games and political games - and stay focused on the goal with steely eyes. Patients helping patients, grass-roots movement to provide a better healthcare alternative and econmic bailout for Michigan.

-DN

I have on thought on promoting and developing the proper formation of a dispensory system after listening to Professor Robert Sedler of Wayne State University speak of how long it will take for medicinal Cannabis use to be accepted in our Counry ( min. 40+ years )

The job , education , and insurance discrimination that will exist for patients for many decades is the main reason( besides Federal Constraints ) a qualified cardholders , small grower cottage Industry that feeds supply to a income based sliding fee scale ,non profit dispensory system must be added in a seperate Act without modifying the original . This industry should be encouraged at all costs . It is the patients reparations for decades of past and future injustice resulting in unequal access to jobs , education ,and other opportunities which have and do result in misery and death . All from a WAR they have been caught up in through a subjective health issue directed at healthy Citizens that never should of involved them ( medicinal herbal use ) or occurred . Patients first !

I do not know what others are seeing but I have been told of amazing results from the physical therapy involved in growing within the severely chronically ill population in addition to the other benefits from this herb .There is nothing so motivating as the reduction of ones own unbearable suffering and having some control over it back . :mellow:

Thats what we were doing Growing are own Meds just growing are own meant a lot

Guest finallyfree09

for pete's sake.... all the state has to do is write a law that says licensed caregivers may transfer their excess product to licensed commercial dispensaries and legally recieve compensation for it.

go ahead... set up a licensing system and a way to keep track of what is coming and going, as long as patients are being harassed because of how much they consume.

make dispensary owners have a certain number of people on duty during business hours. one at the door taking id's, one on the floor as security, and one behind the counter.

heck... let leo come in and pay visits if they want to.

fact is, dispensaries are not protected under the law. transfers between patients yes but outright selling, no. make them legal and keep the business with the little guys and not big business. make growers that choose to supply dispensaries pass a safety inspection or something... whatever.

as long as they don't change anything that is currently in the law then let them regulate COMMERCIAL dispensaries. leave private clubs and patients alone.

Bob, I have thought a lot about you lately. My heart is broken over your situation, even though I know you will be victorious. Throughout this long ordeal you have supported every single protest aganist these tyrants, at great sacrifice to yourself. You and your wife are truly heros, in every since of the word. Your family's dignity, bravery and grace under fire even amazes an old Marine like me. Thank you from the entire MMMA community, Joe(aka Bb)

Thanks Joe and the MMMA we try and support the will of the people you cant go wrong their :thumbsu:

QFT I haven't said it before, and certainly not as well as BB. but, i believe it too, Bob & Torrey. Keep fighting the good fight.

Bob, I have thought a lot about you lately. My heart is broken over your situation, even though I know you will be victorious. Throughout this long ordeal you have supported every single protest aganist these tyrants, at great sacrifice to yourself. You and your wife are truly heros, in every since of the word. Your family's dignity, bravery and grace under fire even amazes an old Marine like me. Thank you from the entire MMMA community, Joe(aka Bb)

Guest Happy Guy

You are a sick monster.

Being a staff member and a moderator, wouldn't you think it a better thing to not just make a post that is 100% personal insult? He may have deserved it (in your mind) but you really need to show a little more self control... as a staff member... and even as a good person.

Being a staff member and a moderator, wouldn't you think it a better thing to not just make a post that is 100% personal insult? He may have deserved it (in your mind) but you really need to show a little more self control... as a staff member... and even as a good person.

Someone who promotes the arrest of members of our community represent the devil himself.

Just pure evil.

No matter how hard they try to sugar coat it.

Those who work for the devil frequently believe they are working for good. I assume that to be the case here.

At first I just posted "you are a monster." Then I edited it to include "sick."

br probably doesn't even realize he wrote "we wish them misfortune" and "we wish no man any harm" in the same paragraph.

Someone who promotes the arrest of members of our community represent the devil himself.

Just pure evil.

Those who work for the devil frequently believe they are working for good. I assume that to be the case here.

br probably doesn't even realize he wrote "we wish them misfortune" and "we wish no man any harm" in the same paragraph.

420PeaceOnEarth,

brbud

The Marijuana Culture has no room 4 those who wish harm to us over a difference of opinion...

Guest Happy Guy

You guys need to back off and quit piling on. Not cool at all. This is like a witch hunt. He's THE DEVIL!! LOL Take a break. He just wrote his opinion in a heated moment. Probably feels threatened by all those moves by the dispensary cats.

We will see what happens!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think Patients should be able to grow their own.

I think Patients should be able to have a Caregiver.

I think Patients should be able to buy from a Dispensary.

I think Patients should be able to buy off the streets.

A Patient should have no boundaries in obtaining/purchasing Medicine. Period.

Peace.

Guest Happy Guy

There are a LOT of states in front of us on this. Show me one that has a state run dispensary system we can use for a model. Pick one. Then we can evaluate how it would work here. It's great to have some other states ahead of us to learn from isn't it? Takes all the guess work right out of the question of whether we really want a state run dispensary system. I know of two obvious models. Kuipers presented one and Arizona is forming one. Do you like these two models? Are there any better models out there that fit with the wording of our law?

There are a LOT of states in front of us on this. Show me one that has a state run dispensary system we can use for a model. Pick one. Then we can evaluate how it would work here. It's great to have some other states ahead of us to learn from isn't it? Takes all the guess work right out of the question of whether we really want a state run dispensary system. I know of two obvious models. Kuipers presented one and Arizona is forming one. Do you like these two models? Are there any better models out there that fit with the wording of our law?

The New Jersey state run dispensary is also a mess too. All of them smell like a politican's dream to monopolize marijuana grows and distribution - all in to the government's pockets - and OUT OF YOURS!

-DN

Guest Happy Guy

If that is the case then let's quit hiding it. Maybe the answer is there is no state run dispensary system that will work here. Is it the 800 pound gorilla in the room? You can bet that gorilla is very hungry for what patients have in their pockets. Arizona expects each patient to cough up $26000 a year for meds at their state run dispensaries. At the same time they limit private patient grows to 'The Boonies'. Why would they limit a patient to not growing if they live within 25 miles of a dispensary? Is it that the business model depends on a monopoly in the area? Does the gorilla need a monopoly to even work?

If that is the case then let's quit hiding it. Maybe the answer is there is no state run dispensary system that will work here. Is it the 800 pound gorilla in the room? You can bet that gorilla is very hungry for what patients have in their pockets. Arizona expects each patient to cough up $26000 a year for meds at their state run dispensaries. At the same time they limit private patient grows to 'The Boonies'. Why would they limit a patient to not growing if they live within 25 miles of a dispensary? Is it that the business model depends on a monopoly in the area? Does the gorilla need a monopoly to even work?

Let me try to be clear - some sort of 'dispensary system' is needed, I favor a localized, private, discreet club - where members coop together to provide meds for the members. This is how you'll get the best prices, this is how you'll help patients and growers of a local area.

A dispensary - a storefront that buys meds from anyone, and sells to anyone that comes in with a MMMP card or paperwork, and is only interested in that 2 minute converstation at the cash register - is not in the vision. Why copy California and CO? Why not create something BETTER? We can build a system that is controlled by people not governments and corporations, that benefits the people - not governments and corporations.

Why not - aim for the best dream - patients helping patients, people like us get meds and some money for once.

-DN

Amen!

Bob & Torey are two of the nicest and coolest people on the planet!

Mizerman (and better half)

Let me try to be clear - some sort of 'dispensary system' is needed, I favor a localized, private, discreet club - where members coop together to provide meds for the members. This is how you'll get the best prices, this is how you'll help patients and growers of a local area.

A dispensary - a storefront that buys meds from anyone, and sells to anyone that comes in with a MMMP card or paperwork, and is only interested in that 2 minute converstation at the cash register - is not in the vision. Why copy California and CO? Why not create something BETTER? We can build a system that is controlled by people not governments and corporations, that benefits the people - not governments and corporations.

Why not - aim for the best dream - patients helping patients, people like us get meds and some money for once.

-DN

Where does this happen at?

Until "then", I'll support the people who make this a reality every day.

We should all be supporting the guy down in Battle Creek who might be about to lose his dispensary - he is very compassionate and helps a number of people.

Mizerman

We should all be supporting the guy down in Battle Creek who might be about to lose his dispensary - he is very compassionate and helps a number of people.

Mizerman

It is happening at many of those compassion clubs you disparage.

The battle in Battle creek is not just for dispensaries -

"Under the proposed regulations, one or two people in the same home would be allowed to grow and use marijuana for their own medical use if they've gotten a doctor's permission. Renters would need to get written permission from the property owner.

As many as four users could live together along with four growers as long as every person was considered part of the same household. The city would require a license for these qualified households.

Growers, known as "caregivers" under the state law, would need a city license and not be allowed within 1,000 feet of schools or licensed day care facilities.

Smokehouses, clubs where people go to use medical marijuana, and dispensaries, where growers can provide marijuana to people who are not their designated patients, would be prohibited."

It is for the rights of patients, caregivers, and compassion clubs. It effects people like me.

Again, I work in my area - Macomb, Oakland, and St. Clair counties. I wish my comrades success in their battlefront.

-DN

Guest Happy Guy

Mizerman

Could he still help patients using the registration system and not sell at a store? You make it sound like the two things are mutually dependant. Gotta have a store to help patients?

how could you possibly extrapolate this from my statement? do we not want to maintain integrity by working inside the law?

who is promoting arrest of members? not us.

Just pure evil.

please....i believe you said it best in another thread...if you have no ammo attack the person. i have been and always will be in the corner of the patient and their rights.....please review my content and reference the contrary

noted

br probably doesn't even realize he wrote "we wish them misfortune" and "we wish no man any harm" in the same paragraph

i am very cognizant of my statements...thank you

let me clarify, maybe my choice of words was in error....misfortune = no monetary profit or missed fortune...thats it nothing more

sir these are rants of desperation...a cool mind prevails

MJRanch...i wish no physical harm to anyone. Though i have repeatedly posted of threats to myself from the minions i am the one persecuted

i have been an active supporter for mmj and legalization for 40 years.

i forgive you both

love and peace