Cluster Headaches

Custer headaches are a rare, high severity form of headache. I know a few months back there was at least one other sufferer on this forum. If you're still here, please go to the following website and register for future clinical trails if and when they become available.

http://www.entheogencorp.com/

For more information on cluster headaches please go to the following site. I know it's wiki, but myself and others have contributed to the information and it's a good as it gets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache

• 2 years later...

I have been getting fast shard deep head-aches lately that seem foreign to me. Seems like only left side so I am wondering what is good for head-aches?

I think either the butter or this oil would be way to go for head-aches? I do not think smoke is to affective for head-aches. - your thoughts please.

I can say marijuana can dull or like on guy says make you forget a bit about pain but not destroy the pain. - your thoughts please.

For me is not bad but however if continues I may seek a remedy someday - and if internet ever goes out I will know because of your help right?.. right.

I have more to add..

Tell me doctors or the wise I wish to see...

So when I was young I could not go deep because of water pressure to head...like 10 feet hurts - 12 feet no go.

I go in airplane...my head is smashed and nose bleeds.

Issues you see please.

Oh yes if you do not know me have aspergers this year and I can not do story problems. I bought wrong phone card yesterday for phone I have had for 2 years now...oooo was I pissed NO REFUND "ah another story".

Pressure...why can I not take pressure to head?

Take note not due to drug abuse - has always been

Edited by hic

I heard of one patient that swears by using "magic mushrooms" for their cluster headaches. In this person's case, the cluster headaches are severe. They do not eat enough mushrooms to get high or hallucinate, but just small amounts. Not sure if they prefer the tops or stems, but there is a difference between the two, wink wink ;)

I can't smoke mj if I have a headache, and I get them often. Vaping is about half as bad. For me, I need to use an edible form of mj and that does not make my headaches worse, it may even help a little for me.

Come to think of it every time I have had a bite of mushroom I cannot remember having a headache wink wink they are eating the stem if they are not looking for power.

Well I would love try the remedy but I never run across em any more...cant find the paper or tabs either to substitute for trials.

Friends grow up and many move away. Many things change back in the day a pocket full today a hole in the pocket.lol

Let me know when they pop from ground again - wink

Edited by hic

• 1 month later...

I suffer from chronic cluster headaches. I have since I was 26 and they have only gotten worse. I have had some of the best doctors and neurologist tell me they have never seen anyone as severe as me with clusters. U of M was lucky enough to see one start and record it while I was in the middle of an MRI it only lasted about 3 minutes before I could no longer remain still. and had to be given some powerful drugs to put me at ease. at this point and time I have at a minimum of 4 a day and that's a good day. I take several medications some are preventative that dont help and two are for the pain and work rather well but come at a price. one is an injection that is painful on its own but subdues the pain within minutes and the other is a spray that goes in the nasal passage and works within ten minutes but I alternate days on use of each because mixing the two can be very dangerous I found that out the hard way, and when I say they come at a price I mean$$$$$$ Medical cannabis has its use but to destroy the pain it will not. it has to be used in other forms such as eating and in some cases ointments that can be applied to the temples. as grow goddess pointed out the mushrooms do work stems and or caps and real pure LSD will do the trick. there is a chemical in the mushrooms call triptimine (not the stuff in turkey) and that is a key component in the injections I use the reason the mushrooms work is because psilocybin mushrooms have some of the highest levels of triptimine then any other plant or fungus on earth. I have tried several different strains of psilocybin with mixed results. now for the LSD, real LSD is made from ergot which is a fungus that grows on rotten grains most common on rye grain. ergots are the main compound in the nasal medication I take. I have done my research but the problem is that without the right strain of mushrooms and knowing how much and how often to take them it can be a bit of a crap shoot. and the same goes for the LSD and each person is different and reacts different so I urge anyone that wants to try these methods to use caution. clusters are no joke and can push the strongest over the edge the pain is like nothing that can be explained and I feel for anyone who suffers from these. if anyone has any questions about this post on this thread or private message me I will help any way I can!

I suffer from chronic cluster headaches. I have since I was 26 and they have only gotten worse. I have had some of the best doctors and neurologist tell me they have never seen anyone as severe as me with clusters. U of M was lucky enough to see one start and record it while I was in the middle of an MRI it only lasted about 3 minutes before I could no longer remain still. and had to be given some powerful drugs to put me at ease. at this point and time I have at a minimum of 4 a day and that's a good day. I take several medications some are preventative that dont help and two are for the pain and work rather well but come at a price. one is an injection that is painful on its own but subdues the pain within minutes and the other is a spray that goes in the nasal passage and works within ten minutes but I alternate days on use of each because mixing the two can be very dangerous I found that out the hard way, and when I say they come at a price I mean$$$$$$ Medical cannabis has its use but to destroy the pain it will not. it has to be used in other forms such as eating and in some cases ointments that can be applied to the temples. as grow goddess pointed out the mushrooms do work stems and or caps and real pure LSD will do the trick. there is a chemical in the mushrooms call triptimine (not the stuff in turkey) and that is a key component in the injections I use the reason the mushrooms work is because psilocybin mushrooms have some of the highest levels of triptimine then any other plant or fungus on earth. I have tried several different strains of psilocybin with mixed results. now for the LSD, real LSD is made from ergot which is a fungus that grows on rotten grains most common on rye grain. ergots are the main compound in the nasal medication I take. I have done my research but the problem is that without the right strain of mushrooms and knowing how much and how often to take them it can be a bit of a crap shoot. and the same goes for the LSD and each person is different and reacts different so I urge anyone that wants to try these methods to use caution. clusters are no joke and can push the strongest over the edge the pain is like nothing that can be explained and I feel for anyone who suffers from these. if anyone has any questions about this post on this thread or private message me I will help any way I can!

Holy Cats! I just got an education.

Thanks for the Post.

I have been getting fast shard deep head-aches lately that seem foreign to me. Seems like only left side so I am wondering what is good for head-aches?

I think either the butter or this oil would be way to go for head-aches? I do not think smoke is to affective for head-aches. - your thoughts please.

I can say marijuana can dull or like on guy says make you forget a bit about pain but not destroy the pain. - your thoughts please.

For me is not bad but however if continues I may seek a remedy someday - and if internet ever goes out I will know because of your help right?.. right.

I have more to add..

My pt/g.f has migrains, Ive tried most oils inluding my own, nothing seems to help but her pill she is supposed to take on onset of migrain, she is on a daily pill that has caffein and other things in it, ive used external oil, and im here to make sure she uses it, but we cant skip her real pill, the only time we did,  it put her down for a few days and I put that oil on her thick, thin, and gave her some of my edible oil sticks I make,

Her rx does take it away after many hrs, but she can only get 9 per month, its too bad her migrains dont know she can only have 9 a month!

I Have plenty available to me besides my own oil, tinctures, mm, I can make almost anything with mm and have (thank you youtube)

I totaly have no idea what a head ache even feels like, I mean ive never woke with one, unless i drank to much lol, but I dont get head aches that can make me actualy nauses, It realy freeks me out, and I feel so help less when she gets a bad one,,Id love to be able to help her take away the pain, but I usualy only add to it by trying to hard!

Any advise would be appreciated here also!

Thank you O.P a good thread, Yea I dont remeber who else started the other one with cluster head aches, hopefuly they found help and will get with us!

Peace

Jim

diytdcs.com This works very well for pain but it is not conventional. It is safe. Google tdcs-migraines and see what comes up. This is Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation.  I use this to good effect. For both depression and pain. My shrink encouraged me. He used it as a grad student. I bought a ready made unit but I am about to embark on making my own unit as a backup. I really do not want to be without it.  A good backup can probably be made for less than 50 bucks.  

I have found I get about 1.5 days of additional relief from pain from a treatment. Since I have done this for over 4 months and actually have researched it you can pm me if you have questions. Or if they are general feel free to post them and I will try to answer them.  

Also I have high cbd mmj which might or might not help some. I cannot speak for anyone else but I find it useful. It does not get you high. I had a person ask me about smell and taste and I really do not think that is the right question. It is not like there are a lot of choices out there. The question is Does it work?.