True Michigan Outdoor Growers

My outdoor grow this year will be staggered with some help from all.

As of now I have strains that finish on October 7th, 14th and 31st.

I'm looking for one that will finish no later than 1 October.

Please only respond if you have grown outdoors in Michigan with the strain you would recommend.

Thanks one and all.

how did u figure your dates? just taken a guess? going off what the breeder says? Ive grown a lot of "outdoor" strains that didnt come close to done by when they said they would be. Ive grown some that shouldn't finish in Michigan that did.... you can force plants to flower early. that's the only way your going to get plants harvested on set days. you have to decide when it does it, you leave it up to nature good luck with that.

how did u figure your dates? just taken a guess? going off what the breeder says? Ive grown a lot of "outdoor" strains that didnt come close to done by when they said they would be. Ive grown some that shouldn't finish in Michigan that did.... you can force plants to flower early. that's the only way your going to get plants harvested on set days. you have to decide when it does it, you leave it up to nature good luck with that.

feminized autoflower seeds, 8 to 10 weeks! You may be able to get a lil perpetual going out doors, stager them a week in a half and at the end every week for 2 months your cropping and smiling! ;):lol:

I do have some beans from a strain out of augres called forth of july/fireworks, been growing out doors for over 20 yrs, beans in ground may 30 , done mid oct, a very hardy plant. loves the wide open farm land and getting blowed around! (grows like a weed :)) ) medicates as good or better than opoids, xanax, and seems to help me with my copd!

Peace

FTW

Jim

feminized autoflower seeds, 8 to 10 weeks! You may be able to get a lil perpetual going out doors, stager them a week in a half and at the end every week for 2 months your cropping and smiling! ;):lol:

I do have some beans from a strain out of augres called forth of july/fireworks, been growing out doors for over 20 yrs, beans in ground may 30 , done mid oct, a very hardy plant. loves the wide open farm land and getting blowed around! (grows like a weed :)) ) medicates as good or better than opoids, xanax, and seems to help me with my copd!

Peace

FTW

Jim

haha u said autoflower, hell you could also grow good pot and just pick it when ever you want and u might get high lol

Those finish dates are funny.You can not say from year to year a plant will finish on such and such a date.

Greenhouse plants can and do finish within a day or two of a specific date. They get their cue from the sun. If watered and cared for the same every year they will finish the same every year. Only indoors can you control different flower times.

Sensi Seeds Silver Pearl finishes mid-late September. Still available from Nirvana, cheap.

The mother of our famous Silver Haze now for sale as a separate strain! This 3 way hybrid contains Early Pearl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights. This hybrid is quicker and sweeter than the Shiva Skunk. Excellent indoor and greenhouse results. Plants exhibit frosted resinous characteristics of the Northern Lights #5 and the sweetness and calyx-to-leaf ratio of Early Pearl/Skunk. One of our favourites and in 1994 the winner of the mixed Indica/Sativa category.

I would say try to find some of the mythical Guerilla Gold by Breeder Brad. This strain finishes between Sept 1st and Sept 20th. Also Guerrilla Gold crosses are really good and will get a lot bigger than the original GG. Also try to find some Freezeland seeds. They finish mid Sept. and are really good. These strains are better than most strains because they can get larger than most autos and are outdoor adapted. These strains all come from people in Canada who need stuff that finishes before Oct 1st. Most are available only from one site.

Plants in my opionion don't finish within a day or two, they finish within a window of a week to 10 days or so. Differences in weather and different phenotypes can mean that plants grown from seed will ripen later or earlier depending on a lot of factors. If you feed with a lot of nitrogen rich nutrients or other natural plant growth hormones you can delay flowering. Also, if you restrict the roots of outdoor plants, most will flower sooner.

If you are growing from clones, plants are more likely to ripen at the same time.

Many plants that finish in September are light sensitive plants, meaning that they start flowering almost as soon as they notice they day getting shorter. If you start ligt sensitive plants early, they have the potential to get really big and still finish in September. Auto flowers flower based on how old they are, and most dwarf auto flowers yield so little as to be mostly a novelty.

Please only respond if you have grown outdoors in Michigan with the strain you would recommend.

Thanks one and all.

Are they in dirt or in a bucket? may sound funny but ya never know what Mother Nature or Chance might bring.

Prep your hole / nute

drop a bucket with proper drain holes in it...allow for extra root grow out the holes.

leave it there till ya gotta move it...for whatever reason

finish it indoors

dont forget to fill the hole

OOOOOOOOO yeah

indica heavy hybrid

of course this is all enclosed in your locked and secured facility

I've seen Durban Poison (seeds from Nirvana) finish in the first half of September in Michigan. Great plant, very sturdy and forgiving, and excellent meds for an early sativa.

Are you planning outdoors open-air, or a greenhouse? I might pick different strains if I could avoid frost and mold worries in September and October.

• 1 month later...

If you put one of these inside a larger greenhouse and put the greenhouse in a totally enclosed chain link fence with a chainlink cover and a deluxe security camera/alarm system you could flower your plants throughout the warm months. If you heat the greenhouse at night it might be practical to flower from mid April to November outdoors. Imagine growing flowers all summer long..... Even do some Haze and get away with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFiqG8IOofA

Thanks one and all.

Hillbilly green house find junk care facing South with no motor but has working hood Block light aroud fenders and such Start closing hood in lets say mid August and walla you can control mother nature light cycle, if windows and door are on car good place to slowly introduce clones for spring use hillbilly know more than just white lightning

Mandala #1 is a good strain for any area around the 45 parallel. It finishes up in late october, high resistance to mold and pests, flourishes under low to moderate fertilization. I've spent quite a bit of time researching the strains that might work with the kind of summers in Michigan. I can vouch for Mandala #1 working well for me. Other than that, i've tried a number of different auto-flowering strains too.

I once tried DJ shorts auto-blue berry, but it didn't deal well with the high humidity of the local area in late summer/early fall.

Tricloud, that is the shiit - automatic light deprivation. Is that the ultimate??? In a good year I think so. Gotta be careful about mold in those things I bet.

Yeah Mezz mold is an issue with greenhouses. Some come with louvers and you can raise the sides during the day on some greenhouses.

I have just started researching light deprivation greenhouses. I have been tinkering with ideas to use the sun and keep the plants locked and enclosed.

The last one looks like the ultimate....

There are other options the not sure how well they work bit I am toying with the idea of the directed skylights in an out building. You could simply put a door over the entry point for the sun and instant dark. Might find out this summer. When I Inherit my folks place hopefully a long time from now there are a plethora of out building large ones to if it works I may add some skylights to one or two of them.

• 2 weeks later...

wow that abandoned car thing is a good idea to make your plants go a little incognito.

It's a good idea if there are no mice or rats around. They can kill small plants in a heart beat.....

If you have to roll the windows down it's probably not legal unless you have some kind of lockable enclosure around the vehicle.

There are other options the not sure how well they work bit I am toying with the idea of the directed skylights in an out building. You could simply put a door over the entry point for the sun and instant dark. Might find out this summer. When I Inherit my folks place hopefully a long time from now there are a plethora of out building large ones to if it works I may add some skylights to one or two of them.

At the Extravaganja last summer I saw an advertisement for a grow building with skylights. Looked pretty cool but to me still quite vulnerable unless protected by some kind of fence etc.

Archived