Type 2 Diabetes

Hi,

I am a type 2 diabetic an taking multiple insulin shots daily. I use the scale method.( This is a maintenance technique by scales to account for insulin usage. ) 100-150 2ui ,, 150-200 2-3ui of lantis. etc. etc...

But any way i have been diabetic for a long time. years, well i hadn't been medicating (MM) due to a job holding me from it. Nuff said, well a while ago i began medicating (lost job) . My sugars have been running in the 3-400 range I was taking insulin 3-4 times daily or not eating. , now its been six months or more, and i have been treating pain with MM. Not related to the insulin. Well i read that it can help. so i have been watching. And i have great news. I have seen my averages go to 225 and only have to inject to scale , once daily , obviously some days, well what can ya do..

However i am seeing this change, and when its weighted with munchie maddness which includes high sugar treats.. this is rather remarkable.. I don't claim it to be a cure or nothing like that , but im here to tell ya straight out. Its helping me regulate my sugars from the inside...

Hope this is an inspiration to you..

Hi,

I am a type 2 diabetic an taking multiple insulin shots daily. I use the scale method.( This is a maintenance technique by scales to account for insulin usage. ) 100-150 2ui ,, 150-200 2-3ui of lantis. etc. etc...

But any way i have been diabetic for a long time. years, well i hadn't been medicating (MM) due to a job holding me from it. Nuff said, well a while ago i began medicating (lost job) . My sugars have been running in the 3-400 range I was taking insulin 3-4 times daily or not eating. , now its been six months or more, and i have been treating pain with MM. Not related to the insulin. Well i read that it can help. so i have been watching. And i have great news. I have seen my averages go to 225 and only have to inject to scale , once daily , obviously some days, well what can ya do..

However i am seeing this change, and when its weighted with munchie maddness which includes high sugar treats.. this is rather remarkable.. I don't claim it to be a cure or nothing like that , but im here to tell ya straight out. Its helping me regulate my sugars from the inside...

It is very inspiring and encouraging to hear your success story Willy. That is very cool. It is good to hear from a real person how cannabis has helped improve your quality of life.

PS Your honey (real honey from bees folks) rocks, thank you very much! Just had some this morning. It is so good, we just have a little every day. Healthy and nutritious and so tasty! And he doesn't even pay me. Ha Ha

Hi,

Thats great. Big diff in your sugars. And you can get away with looser eating habbits just don't get crazy. LOL

I've noticed the same thing. Eating Simpson oil once a day took me from 80 units a day to no insulin and 1000mg Metformin once a day (half of what I was taking before). I don't notice anywhere near the affects on sugar when I smoke.

Mike

PS. When I ran out of meds my sugar went back up in a week, started eating it again and sugar went back down.

WOW, really does help huh,

I have a VERY close friend that suffers from juvenile diabetes, he has lost his vision in one eye and the second eye only has a very small percentage that actually works, he has a insulin pump connected to his body near his ribs, and he cant smoke cause it effects his vision.... if this is helping you all that suffer form this disease is there any kind of documents that I could possibly present him so he could use this as a form of relief? he smoked as a teen but cant due to his vision issues causes him irritation from what I understand, but edibles is a whole different story.. please any documents saying this would benefit him would help greatly. Thanks...

Trix

DIABETES (For me, and all the thousands of diabetics out there!)

OK here is what you need trix, he second line is a link but for some reason i can't paste them cause there are so many

Go here and you can open each one and print for your friend. helps with the eyes big time. More than halfway down the pages..

http://www.marijuana.com/medicinal-marijuana/140348-granny-storm-crows-mmj-reference-list.html

Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Reduces Incidence Of Diabetes, Study Says

Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy

Anticoagulant Effects of a Cannabis Extract in an Obese Rat Model

Neuroprotective and Blood-Retinal Barrier-Preserving Effects of Cannabidiol in Experimental Diabetes -- El-Remessy et al. 168 (1): 235 -- American Journal of Pathology

The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies

IngentaConnect The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therap...

Effect of tetrahydrocurcumin on blood glucose, plasma insulin and hepatic key enzymes

Cannabidiol reduces the development of diabetes in an animal study

International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Getting Eye On Cannabinoids

Getting Eye On Cannabinoids: The Hempire - [cannabis, uk]

Marijuana compound could prevent eye damage in diabetics

The synthetic cannabinoid HU-210 attenuates neural damage in diabetic mice and hyperglycemic pheochromocytoma PC12 cells

Diabetes | Evolutionism | Dr. Bob Melamede

Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice

CSA: Cannabis Research - Diabetes

Cannabidiol attenuates high glucose-induced endothelial cell inflammatory response and barrier disruption

Beneficial effects of a Cannabis sativa extract on diabetes induced neuropathy and oxidative stress.

Unbound MEDLINE | Beneficial effects of a Cannabis sativa extract treatment on diabetes-induced neuropathy and oxidative stress. Journal article abstract

Edited by Willy

When I have a regular intake of the Simpson Oil I too get a regulating of my sugars. I was taking it to help me to sleep, a teaspoon of oil infused peanut butter every evening. My doctor said he wasn't sure what I was doing to control my diabetes (type II), but encouraged me to keep it up. When I ran out of oil, my sleep became erratic again, and my sugar levels rose right back to where they had been. I got more oil, the sleep thing became more normal, as did my sugars...anyone else see some correlation here. Would be an interesting outcome if diabetes could be defeated, or at least better controlled, by regular cannabis use...I'll be the guinea pig for this one, if asked...Peace...j.b.

When I have a regular intake of the Simpson Oil I too get a regulating of my sugars. I was taking it to help me to sleep, a teaspoon of oil infused peanut butter every evening. My doctor said he wasn't sure what I was doing to control my diabetes (type II), but encouraged me to keep it up. When I ran out of oil, my sleep became erratic again, and my sugar levels rose right back to where they had been. I got more oil, the sleep thing became more normal, as did my sugars...anyone else see some correlation here. Would be an interesting outcome if diabetes could be defeated, or at least better controlled, by regular cannabis use...I'll be the guinea pig for this one, if asked...Peace...j.b.

This is a great idea JuztBudz and I have a friend that needs to try this. If you don't mind could you share what mix you use as far as how much Simpson oil do you put into how much peanut butter. greg

• 5 months later...

Actually it is NOT there.

I thought there was a section on Diabetes but it looks like no. So no human studies on this topic.

I also tried Google:

A very reputable journal http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pdi.821/full

said this in 2005:

"Users have reported that marijuana and cannabis use has been associated with hypoglycaemia though these substances do not appear to have any direct effect on glucose or fatty acid metabolism. However, there are no specific data available evaluating the effects of these on glycaemic control."

So the Anslinger bullcrap is even preventing research on this important issue!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Good observations. I have downloaded your thoughts. We can only get better with one anothers observations right?.. Right on.

Great to hear that you have found some relief. In addition google Resveratrol/diabetes. I have taken it for over 6 years. It really stabilizes blood sugar. If you like it do not go for any first bottle free offers. They are scams. Best of luck

• 4 months later...

The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin, and Insulin Resistance among US Adults

The American Journal of Medicine
Volume 126, Issue 7 , Pages 583-589, July 2013

Abstract 

Background

There are limited data regarding the relationship between cannabinoids and metabolic processes. Epidemiologic studies have found lower prevalence rates of obesity and diabetes mellitus in marijuana users compared with people who have never used marijuana, suggesting a relationship between cannabinoids and peripheral metabolic processes. To date, no study has investigated the relationship between marijuana use and fasting insulin, glucose, and insulin resistance.

Methods

We included 4657 adult men and women from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey from 2005 to 2010. Marijuana use was assessed by self-report in a private room. Fasting insulin and glucose were measured via blood samples after a 9-hour fast, and homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) was calculated to evaluate insulin resistance. Associations were estimated using multiple linear regression, accounting for survey design and adjusting for potential confounders.

Results

Of the participants in our study sample, 579 were current marijuana users and 1975 were past users. In multivariable adjusted models, current marijuana use was associated with 16% lower fasting insulin levels (95% confidence interval [CI], −26, −6) and 17% lower HOMA-IR (95% CI, −27, −6). We found significant associations between marijuana use and smaller waist circumferences. Among current users, we found no significant dose-response.

Conclusions

We found that marijuana use was associated with lower levels of fasting insulin and HOMA-IR, and smaller waist circumference.

http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343%2813%2900200-3/fulltext

http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/0002-9343/PIIS0002934313002003.pdf

Edited by Wild Bill

Thanks again for the update Wild Bill!  How is your battle with this going if you don't mind since you shared before?  Wow, another great new study affirming the healing properties of cannabis use!  This should be encouraging for folks fighting weight or sugar problems.  I believe it has helped my personally in these areas, and I mean major, significant health improvements.  More and more things are discovered every time they look for things, it proves what we have always known, that it makes you feel better, and what is the crime in that?  Have a good one Wild Bill!

Peace...

Edited by Bisharoo

I have no pancreas which means I now am diabetic as you cannot produce insulin without a pancreas. I to have found that Marijuana does lower my Blood sugar levels. I have noticed this while SMOKING Marijuana. I am trying to find out which strains work the best. The smoking doesn't always work so I am trying to find out if an Indica or Sativa strain is what works as well as checking out whether any of  the Canabanoid system's or any other marijuana compound is the reason. 

This should be encouraging for folks fighting weight or sugar problems.  I believe it has helped my personally in these areas, and I mean major, significant health improvements.

I am now insulin dependant but it is due to the steroids that I have to take for my lungs. When I finally get off those I should be OK again.

When I got out of the hospital and could start using real medicine again my blood glucose levels dropped by about 50 points on average. It's still high but should stabilize when the steroids are gone.

To be fair, some of the problem could be due to eating crappy hospital food for three months. :thumbsd:

Edited by Wild Bill

I am sorry you have to take that crap for awhile longer Wild Bill, but at least you have an end in sight.  That is good!  No probably to it, many people (not you Wild Bill) have no idea how important good quality food is to all of their entire health systems.  When my son started insisting that folks stop feeding their 3 kids junk (and he eats really, really good stuff) my grandson's psoriasis went from much redness and cracking and bleeding and scratching and pain and creams and bandages and doctors and drugs to eating the correct nutrition on a consistent basis improved his skin to 100% clean and clear!  I know that not everyone has the same conditions, and everyone is somewhat different, but folks can also be similar and I believe this is a critical area as far as eating correctly to improve health.  I can also attest that the kids moods and mindsets improved also as a result.  No, everything doesn't get perfect overnight or see such dramatic results, but I think this is more important of a tool than most people give it credit for.  Just another weapon against sickness, pain, inflammation, and other bad things that attack us mortal humans.  No more hospitals for you, OK Wild Bill?  May you feel better today than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow!

Peace...

Edited by Bisharoo

No more hospitals for you, OK Wild Bill?  May you feel better today than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow!

Peace...

I can't complain too much, they did save my life after all. On the other hand none of the doctors thought I would live and every doctor I have spoken with has used the word 'miracle'. (So maybe it wasn't them that saved me.)

The Drs. were pretty unanimous in the opinion that the only reason I pulled through was the fact that I took fairly good care of myself in the first place. Diet an exercise make a big difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG3V22cLUF0

Information that changed my life. I followed a vegan grain free diet for 6 weeks, called Eat-to-Live, and it changed my life. Similar to a raw food diet found in this documentary.  Friends that seen my life change tried it with similar results.  Food is medicine, especially herbs.

My blood pressure went from 150/90, where it ran for many years, to 120/75 in 7 days.  It is now 110/65.  My friends went for 150/90 on meds to 120/80 in 3 days off meds.  He was also diabetic, now he is not.  I WAS pre-diabetic.  

You do not have to continue on the diet to stay healthy, but if you return to the S.A.D it is just a matter of time before health will fail again.  Also, you can not half-azz the 6 weeks if you need to overcome many years of eating the Standard American Diet,S.A.D.

Edited by thanks2