Growing Outside And Busted

Jakk

It isnt algebra here.

It's geometry!!!

:butt2:

It's a Garden

Base; : the bottom or lowest part of something : the part on which something rests or is supported

Thad law describes the base and all sides, There is no top side in an outdoor grow because by definition Outdoor = Open Air

Edited by beourbud

Legislative intent is rarely ever considered. And only in very unclear circumstances.

The language is logical to require a top.  Although many times a judge will point out the ambiguity in the decision he makes and scold the legislature, who doesn't care, in attempt to signal an amendment may be needed.

I also don't think that advising people that chicken wire top solves it is proper either.

People just don't understand how many ways there are to harass an outdoor grower; the extreme is a harvest-day raid. Successful outdoor growing requires a police force in support and a solid section 8 defense, not a chicken wire top.

I don't think chicken wire fits the description of something like chain link fence(as stated in the wording). 

I also don't think that advising people that chicken wire top solves it is proper either.

People just don't understand how many ways there are to harass an outdoor grower; the extreme is a harvest-day raid. Successful outdoor growing requires a police force in support and a solid section 8 defense, not a chicken wire top.

Harvest day is your weakest day no doubt.  One plant a day. Disperse or Displace. ;-)

only thing that matters is a lawyer costs $3000 , the coa will say top is a side, and you dont want to be a test case

Do I want to be the test case.... no

Would I take a plea.....HELLNO

Actually it sounds like a lobby wants to get a top on outdoor grows because it will negatively affect their bottom line if and when recreational comes to Michigan.

Why else would anyone fight a plant growing unobstructed under the sun?

Do I want to be the test case.... no

Would I take a plea.....HELLNO

Actually it sounds like a lobby wants to get a top on outdoor grows because it will negatively affect their bottom line if and when recreational comes to Michigan.

Why else would anyone fight a plant growing unobstructed under the sun?

You are already actually VERY VERY lucky to have ANY outdoor growing. Without Cavanaugh it would simply be banned already.

You are already actually VERY VERY lucky to have ANY outdoor growing. Without Cavanaugh it would simply be banned already.

I went to school with Phil and JC

They stayed with their mailman for safety during the riots in Detroit

Went to high school with them and even took JC to UM

Phil is a Cannahero

Edited by beourbud

It may be logical from a geometric perspective, which is not the context in which it should be read. It is completely illogical from a building or gardening/farming perspective, which is the legal context in which it must be read.

Do buildings have bases? How often do you hear people call the floor a base? They have basements. Which are under the house.

Do people put tops on their chicken cages?  Yea. Many do. Chickens do fly, just not well depending on the breed.

Do people put covers on their gardens?  I use bird netting for certain plants. Mostly berries... dadgam birds.

If the base is a side, I don't know any other logic chain than the top = a side.

Do buildings have bases? How often do you hear people call the floor a base? They have basements. Which are under the house.

Do people put tops on their chicken cages?  Yea. Many do. Chickens do fly, just not well depending on the breed.

Do people put covers on their gardens?  I use bird netting for certain plants. Mostly berries... dadgam birds.

If the base is a side, I don't know any other logic chain than the top = a side.

Desperately pulling at strings

I am pulling at Zap's strings beourbud.

;-)

We're good. But you're wrong

Of course a building has a base, and of course the fence around the garden has a base to.

Does the building have a top? Yes

Does an outdoor garden. No

I wouldn't throw the term simpleton around too much it might come back on ya.

Edited by beourbud

We're good. But you're wrong

Its cool beourbud.

The phone calls and messages I get from people, fairly regularly, that because they listened to my advice on many of these issues, they avoided arrest or conviction. And they thank me up and down for it. 

That makes me not care what people think of me or that I am wrong. I rarely am.

Right, this is my point. When you get into court, you are never fighting lack of a top.

And basically, if the cop wants you in court, and you are growing outside, he can make something up to get you there. Successful outdoor growing requires friendly police.

But if your not speeding, your lights work, and you have insurance, your chances of being a victim of search and seizure drop immensely.

I feel the same about tight compliance in outdoor growing. 

And, typically, if in strict compliance, you will be able to mount a solid Sec 4 defense.

But, I mean, I know a guy, slightly dimwitted, who had a caregiver who had control of his plants, but decided to grow a couple plants outside of his trailer in the woods. No fence or anything. Proudly in his yard.

He got busted. Friendly prosecutor agreed to drop charges due to ignorance and 3 months supervision.

So it happens. :-)