Them Blues Singing Their Sweet Sound

MightyMightyMezz all great selections... We had a family friend who lived in Europe for a number of years and she'd write us letters (yep been that long mid 60's) and tell us about the records she'd find in shops from the 30's-50's and how popular our blues musicians were and still are I'm sure, to the young British kids.

I never had aspirations to be a professional musician, I played the drums for me.

MightyMightyMezz all great selections... We had a family friend who lived in Europe for a number of years and she'd write us letters (yep been that long mid 60's) and tell us about the records she'd find in shops from the 30's-50's and how popular our blues musicians were and still are I'm sure, to the young British kids.

I never had aspirations to be a professional musician, I played the drums for me.

Thanks Ed. I had the good fortune of having a Dad with great taste and a voluminous collection of Blues, R&B and Jazz. I knew most of these guys by the time I started school.

*Happy Father's Day, Dad. Miss ya.*

Yeah, it's funny how it was English rock bands and Blues fanatics from Europe who reminded us how great of a history we have with the Blues in our own country.

Most enjoyable evening, thank you all for sharing!!

Be backachya as soon as I is able.

Sledge, most enjoyable, Gary moore, Oh pretty Woman, Dayam!! wall of sound with attitude, goin back to play it again.

Good Listenin, on the channel.

Taj

P.S. RLP........I get this feelin you need to crank one of them guitars in front of us appreciative listeners some time.:))

So i guess only 50 - 100 year old obscure blues gets responses ok lets try this again.

FYI the guitar player from los lonely boys is a very talented blues guitarist . :thumbsu:

I'm still trying to figure out what Eurythmics is doing in here. :huh:

I grew up on that 80 year old Delta Blues so that is what I think of first when I think of the Blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzObMFKuZ4c&feature=related

Edited by MightyMightyMezz