[TUTORIAL] Medicinal Ginger Snaps (Gluten Free)

livingfreeintheup

Submitted By: livingfreeintheupSubmitted On: Sep 07 2011 06:46 AMSubmitted In: Cooking, Medibles, and TincturesClick here to go to tutorial

This is a real easy recipe to prepare. I generally make the dough and let it set over night in the freezer, this helps the cookie hold better while slicing and baking. The flours I use here are very easy to find and if you are G-free... Then you probably already have what you need..

Equipment needed to make dough

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Food Processor

Measuring cup(s)

Measuring spoons

Rubber spatula

Wax paper

Fork or whisk

Ingredients

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/2 C. Oat Flour

1/4 C. White Rice Flour

1/4 C. Corn Starch

1/4 C. Tapioca Flour

1 tsp. Xanthan gum

1/2 tsp. Salt

1 tsp. Baking Soda

1 1/2tsp Cinnamon

1 1/2tsp Ginger

1/4 tsp Cloves

1/4 C. Herb Butter

3 TBL Molasses

1/2 C. Brown Sugar (or raw sugar)

1 tsp. Vanilla

2 TBL water (if needed)

Mix all the dry ingredients in a med. bowl, set aside.

In the processor add all the wet, except the water, mix well,

Add the flour and pulse,scraping the sides down, as you go, if to dry add 1 tbl water, then if needed add the second. Mixture will be loose, scrape out on your wax paper, roll into a tube shape,twist the ends, you'll recognize the pattern here. Freeze over night, if you can wait, after its frozen, slice thin about 1/4" bake @ 350 for 10-15 min, let cool on rack, eat warm or package up and store. I keep mine in the freezer labeled MOM'S ;) I generally take one at night, and sleep the whole night through! I have eaten them in the day and get a nice warmth in my back and shoulders. Usually I feel the effect in about 30 minutes and lasts about 8 hours. In the colder months I up the ginger and cloves, just to warm it up a bit. A Caution with these... Make a plain batch also, they smell soooo good, those around the house will come running when they smell these and be pretty bummed when they cant have one :D Let me know how yours turn out!

Archived