What Video Games Are You Currently Playing?

Darkmatter

I still have my Atari 2600. Yes, I clean the dinosaur poop off it and play Pacman and Dig Dug.

Angry Birds Star Wars version has been fun lately on the Tele.

The one game I did get into on a PC was

red_faction_front-geileresel.jpg

Good times!

Lost interest after I had to give up my Commodore Amiga 2000. Thing had some of the coolest games. My first game, Capt. Blood fabulous, Voyage to the Center of your body, or something like that. Awsome. Your in this car thing like the Jetsons had riding around inside blasting Cancer cells, making other repairs, etc... that Machine was limitless, but sadly politics and mismanagement put the kabush to it. Wished I had 3 mill back then ['95]. I would have jumped on it. Samsung sucked it up back then and look at them go...

What a concept  'tu amiga' is  " your girlfriend".....  

We went 'steady' over 10 yrs. Dammm she coulda took half my stuff. Guess she didn't know how to play so well after all ...   hhahahaaaa .....  

hmmmm.....20/20 hindsight ....Actually she was a lot nicer than her real world counterpart[ies]...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xl50qKVkqE

Edited by solabeirtan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Only one bought game I have played for a few years... arma 2 (now arma 3).. so many incredible mods for this game that it is truly the only game you need!  lol.. I  love the DAYZ mod, and am excited for the standalone.

I am close to 40 (39!!!) and have played games since my Vic 20 days..(yes it was my first computer, then a commodore 64, then a 128 etc..)

The arma series is nothing short of AMAZING for the serious gamer...plus they give you the ability to fully mod their game in any way you choose. I am not a military guy, dont hunt, hell I dont even eat meat! But I love me some arma!!! :D 

CHeck it out!

• 4 months later...

If it weren't for sticker shock I'd be in the market for a new desktop to run the next gen flight sims, to include DCS world, Falcon 4 BMS, IL2 Cliffs of Dover and Battle of Stalingrad, and likely a WWI sim, Rise of Flight or Wings Over Flanders Fields. My current equipment is maxed out and cannot run those titles, even at low end settings. I'll probably bite the bullet and drop the big dime, but won't have a moment of buyer's remorse.

I don't have the Black Ops 2, but I got Battlefield 3. I haven't done any online stuff. Just running through the campaign right now. PS4?!?!?! Heck no that's too rich for my blood! I usually play used games being that I'm cheap. Plus, there's times were I hardly game at all. I'm streaky...__ >--->

My buddy and I battle on the Wii Jeopardy sometimes and bowl too lol. It's fun! I want a gaming pc, but that's a want I can wait it out for. Flight sims sound fun, but I never tried it.

I do play shakes & fidget on US Server 3 if any of you are into really slow old school rpg's. It's a free browser (flash, I think) game. You can spend  money on it as well, but I haven't. It's a fun mmorpg and you get to fight other people! It's slow.......slow......slow. I've been playing it for years!! lol kinda sad, but it's my cyberfix!!

laters

-t

• 1 month later...

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/playing-video-games-can-boost-brain-volume

Playing Video Games Can Boost Brain Volume

November 7, 2013 | by Lisa Winter
Photo credit: flitcroft
57.8K 681 49 reddit1090 googleplus96

There has been a lot of recent research to suggest that video games improve brain performance - and now a recent study has shown that just 30 minutes of gameplay per day for two months can actually increase the volume of gray matter in the areas of the brain that control spatial awareness, memory, and strategic thinking.

The study was led by Simone Kühn from the Max Planck Institute for Human Development and was published in Molecular Psychiatry. Kühn’s research interests lie in the structure and function of the brain as well as exploring its plasticity.

For 8 weeks, the test group played Super Mario 64 for 30 minutes every day. MRI images from before and after the study were then compared for each of the participants and a control group that did not play video games during the study. The results showed that the test group incurred a significant increase in gray matter volume in the right hippocampal formation, right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, and on both sides in the cerebellum. The control group did not receive this boost in volume.

The team believes that video games could be a therapeutic tool for mental disorders that these areas of the brain. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) has been connected to a reduction in volume in the hippocampus, the region responsible for memory. When the volume of the hippocampus is reduced, memory recall does not work properly and causes sufferers to be reminded of situations like combat, rape, and natural disasters more easily. Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and Alzheimer’s disease have also been linked to smaller right hippocampal volumes.

The research team is careful to note that not all video games are created equal and may not deliver the same brain-boosting power that was seen in this study. This may necessitate the adoption of a second rating system to identify the positive attributes of a particular video game in addition to the current system that describes the negative content of the game, such as violence or profanity.
- See more at: http://www.iflscience.com/brain/playing-video-games-can-boost-brain-volume#sthash.jP8SWNUC.dpuf

FYI I was just informed by my nephew that someone sent him a message calling him a dirty name on xbox live for not joining into their game I believe it is one of the members here I play x box zombies but due to my neuropathy in my hands I rarely play in groups because im constantly having to pause my game to get feeling back in my hands.

• 4 weeks later...