New: Ron Paul Finds Supporters Among Medical Marijuana Advocates

BillyBongs own words shows he is TOTALLY Under the impression the Act does indeed allow Patients to Help other Patients, and by doing so, are acting in accordance with the Act. See the BOLD comment of his, and NOTE the ""'s remarks!

Schuette, in an attorney general’s opinion released last year, noted that possession of any amount of marijuana is illegal under federal law, and that the Michigan Public Health Code still makes possession or cultivation illegal. The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act doesn’t legalize the drug, but is designed to prevent prosecution of "registered patients and caregivers", who may grow a limited amount of the drug "for their patients"

http://www.themorningsun.com/articles/2012/01/07/news/doc4f08b8319a4d7709393482.txt?viewmode=fullstory

While traditional Republicans were meeting at Clare’s Doherty Hotel, a volunteer for presidential hopeful Ron Paul was finding a largely receptive audience a block away before a very non-traditional audience.

“Conservative government, smaller government, less intrusive government,” Paul volunteer Race Williams told members of the Clare County Compassion Club. “That’s what we need.”

The compassion club is a group of medical marijuana patients, caregivers and supporters. They meet twice a month at the Pere Marquette District Library in Clare to discuss the issue and offer insight and support.

“He is not saying he’ll legalize drugs,” Race told the approximately 50 people gathered for the meeting. But the Republican Texas representative and one-time Libertarian Party candidate for president is highly skeptical of the long-time “war on drugs.”

“The drug war, prohibition, it’s clear that doesn’t work,” Williams told the patients and caregivers.

Michigan voters approved the limited cultivation and use of medical marijuana under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, passed in 2008. But Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette – who was the keynote speaker for the weekend’s 4th District Republican Roundup at the Doherty – has made strict enforcement of the act one of his priorities.

Many of the medical marijuana supporters said the enforcement is too strict, and oversteps boundaries they say should govern law enforcement.

“Bill Schuette’s driving me nuts,” said patient Todd Billman of Roscommon. The law is “being used to persecute us,” Billman said.

Schuette, in an attorney general’s opinion released last year, noted that possession of any amount of marijuana is illegal under federal law, and that the Michigan Public Health Code still makes possession or cultivation illegal. The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act doesn’t legalize the drug, but is designed to prevent prosecution of registered patients and caregivers, who may grow a limited amount of the drug for their patients.

In 2002, Paul introduced a bill that would make it clear that the federal prohibition on possession, sale or cultivation of marijuana would not interfere with states’ rights to permit the medicinal use of cannabis. The bill went nowhere.

But Race said Paul still supported the right of states to permit medical marijuana.

“If there’s no federal prohibition, there’s no federal law for Bill Schuette to use as a crutch,” Race said.

Not all the club members were ready to fall in line behind Paul’s Libertarian, laissez-faire, hands-off policy proposals. Bumper stickers supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement were being sold, and at least one member took strong issue with Paul’s stands on abortion and climate change.

But others were very supportive.

“I want to save the soul of America before it’s too late,” said one patient, a gray-bearded, heavyset man in Dickies overalls and a hunter orange cap. He didn’t want to give his name.

Paul finished a close third in the Iowa caucuses last week, and several recent surveys show him in second place in Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary. Michigan’s presidential primary is Feb. 28.

HI,

Just finished reading the Mi. Constitution.

Gun rights in your home for defense is our right.

Any body a Bill look alike?

We need to make a video of a group of hunters and the Vets. sitting in camp with no guns.

I am an NRA member and pissed off.

Sitting looking at the lake wishing we could all go fishing.

Can't drive the pontoon.

Mentally Disabled vets can buy guns

Does Schutte Psycosis count?

Still angry.

Straight from the Ron Paul Campaign materials- Ron Paul authored legislation to repeal the "Brady Bill" and the "Assault Weapons Ban" and is strongly opposed to the UN's so called Small Arms Treaty. Dr. Paul also authored legislation to allow pilots and specifically designated law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers and help prevent future 9/11 style attacks.

"I share out Founding Fathers' belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bare arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right." Dr. Ron Paul

If you have any questions please feel free to email me or ask in forum as I am an Official Volunteer for the Ron Paul Campaign. Welcome to the Revolution 2.0. SS

HI,

Just finished reading the Mi. Constitution.

Gun rights in your home for defense is our right.

Any body a Bill look alike?

We need to make a video of a group of hunters and the Vets. sitting in camp with no guns.

I am an NRA member and pissed off.

Sitting looking at the lake wishing we could all go fishing.

Can't drive the pontoon.

Mentally Disabled vets can buy guns

Does Schutte Psycosis count?

Still angry.

Lol i can see it now.. a huge buck jumps into the clearing and the hunters jump up and start throwing rocks at the buck.. Lol they have to all be really skinny too.. you know like they arent getting enough protien in their diets.. Or suffer from cancer wasting..

It happened by accident but instead of going to the other side

the reporter came to see what was going on with the people.

He could have given the otherside the press we need to support him.

Nice guy he could called me crazy.

Imagine if Bill could have had more quotes to spew?

It would have hurt the club,wonder if that was on his list!

Clare Compassion Club has the support of the community!

We the Vets. must carry this forward, Have to make this personal.

We have to shove the second amendment down the repub.throat.

Its there achilles heel.I am a vet. the gov. took my gun.Who's for that?

Dems get till Feb.29.

Could you link the page to the other news article?

It happened by accident but instead of going to the other side

the reporter came to see what was going on with the people.

He could have given the otherside the press we need to support him.

Nice guy he could called me crazy.

Imagine if Bill could have had more quotes to spew?

It would have hurt the club,wonder if that was on his list!

Clare Compassion Club has the support of the community!

We the Vets. must carry this forward, Have to make this personal.

We have to shove the second amendment down the repub.throat.

Its there achilles heel.I am a vet. the gov. took my gun.Who's for that?

Dems get till Feb.29.

Remember, Ron Paul is a champion of the Second Amendment and State's Rights! Ron Paul believes in WHY the Founding Fathers made the Right to Bare Arms such a high priority in the Constitution. The first step to preventing social dissidence and revolution is to disarm the populace. Well, this is one of the many steps Obama has back peddled on. Feb 28 is the Republican Primary. republicans, democrats and independents alike can vote in the open primary without changing your registration. I'm a three tour combat vet of both Iraq and Afghanistan... I feel the same way you do about the Second Amendment and our civil liberties. On top of that, he we abolish the IRS, end Federal Income Tax, increased tax deductions for education and health care, no more "Death Tax", no more Brady Bill or Assault Weapons Ban. are there other issues that concern you or will make an impact on your presidential choice? Or can I count on your support for Dr. Paul?

in traditional Libertarian fashion, he envisions a day where the social programs become a antiquated. Realistically, he says the Constitution does not allow the Federal Government the authority to take money, which is personal property, from one individual to pay for the health costs of another individual who chose to not have health insurance. Now keep in mind that Obamacare has since raised health care costs by 18% ALREADY. We have a solution for this. A realistic solution. As the economy improves as it will under Austrian Economical Theory (which is how Paul predicted the housing crash in 2008...he had been warning against this for years... he is a master at anti-inflation economics), you have steady growth over time (Paul said a 5% increase in GDP after the first year in office with steady growth, low inflation, and NO Market Correction Collapse), the SS programs will be transferred to the states over a period of two years. The States are a FAR more accurate representation of their respective population and localized health care costs. Ron Paul believes in serious but imperceptible change in the way that services will not be interrupted to the elderly and disabled. Getting the States set up for social services will be one of the big things for his Administration. Social Security would be preserved, and the cuts from elsewhere in the budget would allow for more funds to stay in SS until transferred. Any other questions, feel free. SS

Archived