First Time Grower - Looking For Direction

Hello everyone!

1st time post of real substance on this wonderful site. I am hoping for some great feedback from you growing gurus!

I hope that I provide everyone with enough information to give me good advice - if not I will be proactive with responding to the best of my ability.

This is an indoor, tent grow.

I have am growing:

Larry OG

Pineapple Express

I believe the flowering cycle is:

Larry OG - 9/10 weeks

Pine Exp - 8 weeks

** Please correct me if I'm wrong **

I vegged for 8 weeks.

I am now in the 16th day of flowering.

I am using Soul Synthetics - I guess it's a Organic/Synthetic mix. A newer line of nutes.

I am using Fox Farm Happy Frog soil.

Temperatures:

79 deg when lights are on

69 deg when lights are off

40-45% humidity at all times.

12/12 light schedule.

Plants are in 5gal bags.

I am working with a 5gal bucket for watering. I am watering about every 2-3 days. I give them calcium every other watering.

I generally feed once a week. I am fearful of over feeding. Currently feeding them on the 3/4week flower schedule. (lighter does than suggested but higher than the 1/2week because my plants are so vigorous)

This is my very first grow and I couldn't be happier with the results so far. My plants seem very healthy and I can't believe how vigorous they are! I do my very best to keep the bottoms trimmed to promote growth in the upper areas. I also am using a "netting" to spread the plants to promote the growth underneath. (I know "netting" isn't the correct wordage but I can't remember the real name, something like Traulus or whatever) I was told this should increase the yield because it creates more "tops".

** Please correct me if I'm wrong in the last statement **

Question 1: Is my feeding cycle of once a week good?

Question 2: How do I harvest? What the heck do I clip and save and not save etc. This scares me. Please dont be an donkey and say "save the buds" - Ya I know. :)

Question 3: Flushing? How? Necessary? When? Will I need a larger bucket of water than 5gal?

Question 4: Flushing - don't you have to remove the plants from it's container and douse with water? Well what do I put the plant back into once I cut the bag? A 7gal container with more soil?

Question 5: What should I do about my plants maturing at seperate times and being netted together? I know this is a difficult process but I have plenty of time to mess around with them.

Question 6: How do I know when it's the PERFECT time to harvest? Any tell tale signs? I don't want premature meds.

Gosh, thanks so much for those of you that read my "novel" and input your advice. You should be able to click the thumbnails for enlarged pics.

Take care!

th_2012-02-14_23-03-12_27.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-03-00_335.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-04-41_899.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-04-32_438.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-04-11_593.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-03-29_907.jpg th_2012-02-14_21-39-19_993.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-04-49_366.jpg th_2012-02-14_23-03-48_571.jpg

well 1 only feed when you deed to get a meter

2 anything that has triclones is good "save in different stages good better best" can be used one form or another from buds to smoke and leaf to make hash

3 when flushing ph test water and flush add when needed check moisture w/meter

4 only seperate when useing hydro and have plants at different stages using the same nutes.. if grow in dirt no problems not connected to other plants

5 when they are ready they are ready and get them out of there

6 don't pick your plant before it's time, your plants tell you when to pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when your plant is growing it goes throuugh 3 stages

first off you need a hand held microscope $10 up you need to be able to see the triclones they look like a hair with a dew drop at the end. the dew drop, change colors, 3 stages, clear stage 1, cloudy stage 2, and amber stage3, clear growing or begining, cloudy prime peak, amber down grade too late. there is a fine line there. it is like a graph and for me it is going up and up and up then the bottom falls out like the stock market in the 30's stright down and by down I mean THC levels. but that is at 1 level only,1 of many. example yellow leaves could be 50 different things or a combanation of many things. so what i'm saying is there is not always a straight forward answer everytime......... for me I pick when I start seeing some amber not too much but I make sure that there is not too much clear and yes your plant has all 3 stages at once. so try to get as much cloudy and as little clear and amber rememer amber is on it's downward cycle.

you need to buy marijuana horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible by jorge cervantes

has everything you need how to grow every stage how to make hash, clones, ect. 1100+ color photos

dude this is it this is what you need

increase your yeild by pulling your top down

and all side become top too. no need to cut.

if you pull the actual top down

below the other branches

then what ever branch is tallest is now the top.

when it is young you can play with branch very plyable.

play with branches and make a bush

" this is a very good practice for making clones"

Archived