Need Help With Compassion Clubs

Celliach

• 5 months later...

I am founding member of Oakland County Compassion Club and I am struggling with the "where to host" the first public meeting.  I do not have a lot of funds to invest in hall rentals.  I guess what I am looking for is help in finding a cheap place in Oakland County to start on a temporary basis and as the membership grows then get an affordable more perminent facility to host member meeting and events.

I do plan to do this as per the MMMA Compassion Club Guidelines.  The online location of the club is http://OaklandCountyCompassionClub.ORG or http://occclub.org for short.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

PS I'm thinking to have the meeting on March 1st, 2014.

PSS please also ad me to the MMMS Local Compassion Club list

Edited by occclub

I appreciate any help you can offer.

I would remove this from your website for starters.

The club was recently renovated/expanded and is simply a wonderful place to safely sample and acquire cannabis products.  That's right, can even smoke herb there.

I know you're not referring to your own club, but you're just asking for trouble when Bouchard and Cooper see it.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not intend to do a club that meets in a library and hides from the public.  I plan to follow the MMMA Compassion Club Gidelines, but on a grander scale than most caregivers.  Firstly my public meeting will be an event with special guest speakers discussing medical marijuana issues, concerns, benefits etc.. Each of these public meetings will be marketed in public view, darn it, how else can one increase public awareness on important issues such as cannabis oils and cancer and epilepsy etc...  I digress sorry,  Public Awareness, that's what it's about.  As far as private member meetings, the library would probably surfice until a more suitable locations become available, as the private member meetings as I see it will not just be some caregivers and patients exchanging phone numbers.  I see the meetings as a fun place to go and socialize, learn and attend applicable workshops etc.  Being real quiet in a public library does not sound like a great way to socialize and grow a membership.  I don't work anymore due to my own disability.  I am a patient who lives in Oakland County.  I am optimistic that there's some big changes coming soon, I know what will work, nothing to do with "re-inventing the wheel".  I'm talking about improving upon the wheel, that has been done many times, they're still round, but much better right?  I am taking it to the next level, the word "club" as in private club needs addressed.  As I mentioned on my website, once Oakland County has evolved to accept a club such as the one in Flint, Oakland County Compassion Club will have already an established membership who would love to go to daily farmers markets and fun events.  Remember, many medical marijuana patients are eldery, or not well and with little activity in their lives.  I want to give these people a place to go and be with others with similar interests and again, have a little fun at the "club".  This is my dream for my remaining days...Not looking to get rich, have a lot of fun helping folks and keeping active and social.  I want to make a difference in the Michigan Medical Marijuana world.  I also aspire to help people with seriose health problems such as cancer.

Edited by occclub

• 2 weeks later...

I do not intend to do a club that meets in a library and hides from the public.  I plan to follow the MMMA Compassion Club Gidelines, but on a grander scale than most caregivers.  Firstly my public meeting will be an event with special guest speakers discussing medical marijuana issues, concerns, benefits etc.. Each of these public meetings will be marketed in public view, darn it, how else can one increase public awareness on important issues such as cannabis oils and cancer and epilepsy etc...  I digress sorry,  Public Awareness, that's what it's about.  As far as private member meetings, the library would probably surfice until a more suitable locations become available, as the private member meetings as I see it will not just be some caregivers and patients exchanging phone numbers.  I see the meetings as a fun place to go and socialize, learn and attend applicable workshops etc.  Being real quiet in a public library does not sound like a great way to socialize and grow a membership. 

I don't see how you could have a private meeting in a public library. Because it is funded by taxpayer money, the public library is the place for your public meeting. An open meeting at the library is what is suggested per the MMMA Compassion Club Guidelines.

• 2 years later...

I was really hoping to make contacts for a club in Northern-nothwestern Mi. The email addy for the one in vanderbilt is invalid. it was returned. Maybe Ill try to contact the member pm. But anyways, Ive just asked the cheboygan one and looked at charlevoix but he had no email, just an address. I would like one that is ran correctly and informative as well. Im pretty central to all these but Vandy location would be best for me. Ive moved a couple of times and also been ill off and on the last couple of years. Im feeling much better and feeling like I need to be involved in a community. I see and hear so much ignorance sometimes, it just makes me furious. Please help. Thanks guys and gals. Feel free to message me. If nothing is available, then maybe ill consider trying to start my own. I would need help with it if for no other reason than when my IBS flares up sometimes and I wouldnt be attending or teaching anything on certain bad days. Thanks.

I was really hoping to make contacts for a club in Northern-nothwestern Mi. The email addy for the one in vanderbilt is invalid. it was returned. Maybe Ill try to contact the member pm. But anyways, Ive just asked the cheboygan one and looked at charlevoix but he had no email, just an address. I would like one that is ran correctly and informative as well. Im pretty central to all these but Vandy location would be best for me. Ive moved a couple of times and also been ill off and on the last couple of years. Im feeling much better and feeling like I need to be involved in a community. I see and hear so much ignorance sometimes, it just makes me furious. Please help. Thanks guys and gals. Feel free to message me. If nothing is available, then maybe ill consider trying to start my own. I would need help with it if for no other reason than when my IBS flares up sometimes and I wouldnt be attending or teaching anything on certain bad days. Thanks.

The one in vanderbilt burned down and has not reopened!

Peace

The bldg in Vanderbilt caught fire.  It is my understanding that they never reopened.

Oh.. and as to your post count... we did loose some data a few years ago during an upgrade or w/e.

That might be the cause, I am not certain though.

Welcome back :yahoo-wave:

I believe that the Clare County Compassion Club is still operating under original CC guidelines and meet every other Saturday

at the Library.

Edited by imiubu
CC link removed due to suspended meetings.

Thanks. I knew it was old but is still listed as a hot topic,lol. As ive said Ive been offline mainly and taking care of personal stuff. Im just trying to be involved again. Nothing against dispensaries as I believe they are needed for folks who cant grow, wont or dont even happen to know anyone who could. CC would still be a great idea. Luckily Ive still got the same friends I had in HS and wasnt without mmj. I wasnt able to grow and still see so many who are without for different reasons. so I never really had to go without but see many who have.

tHE DR situation has obviously gotten worse. I was just cut from my DR. Two more friends whos DRs allowed them to use mmj while still getting chronic pain treatments, the DRs have now joined the Alcona Health system whos rules say everyone gets randoms and no one can use both treatments at the same time. Sucks for them and me. That was same offices I had. Doesnt sound at all like DR BOB is going to reopen for all the additional services he had at one time. I just hate feeling like no options are available anymore. Both traditional medicine and mmj.

Finally got a referral for IBS as my (now untrusted, non viable) DR said he wouldnt refer me as the only DR who did that was busy with cancer patients. As if my pain meant nothing. Even if I had to wait to get in, I would have. Spent the worst several months in pain, using cannabis to relieve symptoms of ibs. Finally I called around myself. Found a nurse practitioner who said she would easily see me, with a referal. Witin a week I had an appointment! I told him he needed to do it. Sick sick of medical red tape and bad, even unprofessional attitudes. Well now I have that at least but no opiod pain treatment for my feet and leg pain issues. FUN.

Edited by just us