Cancer – Free Alternative Treatment Option

Thanks. I have heard about some of the dispensaries selling pure cannabis oil. They sell it by the gram. Has anyone bought any that can give first hand price figures?

In my experience with pure cannabis oil, the effects are very close to the same if you use prime buds or secondary buds. What I find is that the smaller buds prove to produce less oil, but the oil is of the same quality. It's the same quality as far as active ingredients, but it may have slightly more plant sugars and waxes. The plant sugars and waxes can be filtered out. In fact, you can filter oil made from smaller buds and make it more potent than unfiltered oil from the best buds. You can taylor it with filtering.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. You cleared it right up.

It's great you are doing this for free too.

If a patient would like to pay their way, how much would a caregiver charge for an ounce of cannabis oil? Any thoughts on that?

I've seen this oil in dispensaries from $25.00 - $60.00 per gram depending on the material it is made from (bud or trim). @ $50.00 per gram it would cost $1,400.00 per ounce. That's crazy man!

I've seen this oil in dispensaries from $25.00 - $60.00 per gram depending on the material it is made from (bud or trim). @ $50.00 per gram it would cost $1,400.00 per ounce. That's crazy man!

I most certainly do not want a price debate to come of this. I just would like to point something out. This is by no means any justification or denouncing of pricing.

Say you harvest one pound of mj from a 1000W grow room. You take one ounce of the best buds and convert it to oil. Say you only got 4 grams of oil. Say you sell the oil for $50/gram. That would mean that the best ounce you got out of a pound you just sold for $200. About half the time I only get about 4 grams of oil out of an ounce of bud. The other half I get about 5 grams of oil from an ounce of bud. I do not know how much oil other people get or the methods that are used. I don't sell it anyway, so it really does not matter.

The bad thing with oil is you don't know what parts of the plant that were used when it is obtained from a dispensary. You also do not know how the plants were grown, if organic or with chemicals.

I prefer to measure the oil by the fluid measure (mL). I average about a teaspoon (5mL) per ounce of bud. 1 mL is equal to 1 cc. Two fluid ounces of oil is equal to 1/4 cup or 12 teaspoons, or 60 mL. If I am not mistaken it takes about 3/4 of a pound of my cream of the crop to make two fluid ounces of oil. What other people get, I do not know, on average, that is just how it has been coming out the way I make it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got some personal experience with the delayed onset of effects of RSO. Not much different from ingestion of other edible products. Somewhat dependent upon the amount of other things present in the stomache and I think possibly method of ingestion...raw oil or is it in an edible food. The effects for me seem to be identical to other edible products when baked into a cookie...some effects in 20-30 minutes full effect usually happens in 2-3hrs depending on other stomache contents. I have experienced a very delayed effect when ingesting the raw oil alone. I had one very negative experience after taking a pea size dab. No effect at all after 2-3hrs...devastating at about hour six. That devastating level lasted about 6-7hrs with lingering effects for the better part of 20hrs from time of ingestion. It was rough enough that I would not care to ever do it again. Needless to say I am much more careful about how much of a dose I am taking! As a side note I have seen the oil available from $30.00 to $100.00/gram. Its always better to make your own or get it from someone you trust.

I agree with you Mickeydee, it is not easy to go through the oil treatment. Taking three pea size doses per day is a whole different ballpark. Until a patient is accustomed to the oil, especially when taking three times per day, it is highly recommended to start off with a dose the size of an uncooked grain of rice. For some, that may even be a bit too much to start, depending upon how potent the oil is.

It took two of my patients around 6 weeks to build up the tolerance enough to increase the dose size up from a grain of rice size. It gets much easier from that point on though.

One of my patients has been taking the oil now for almost two full years. When he first started, the first six weeks, he said it was literally a trip, like it was all a dream.

When taking the oil one must be patient, and careful. Learn the correct size dose to be comfortable then work your way up from there. Then after approximately six weeks it is easier to increase the dose size.

On a personal note: The newer oil that I make now gives a more comfortable feeling (less anxiety) this was made using a frozen quick wash method. The previous oil where the bud material was longer soaked and the oil came out darker was a more intense more anxiety causing product.

It has also been noticed that if you do any exercise, even as little as walking to the mailbox, it can trigger the effects of the oil, even many hours after having taken a dose. Taking the oil three times per day, you will pretty much be stoned 24/7.

As always the oil can effect each individual quite differently.

Edited by GrowGoddess

I agree with you Mickeydee, it is not easy to go through the oil treatment. Taking three pea size doses per day is a whole different ballpark. Until a patient is accustomed to the oil, especially when taking three times per day, it is highly recommended to start off with a dose the size of an uncooked grain of rice. For some, that may even be a bit too much to start, depending upon how potent the oil is.

It took two of my patients around 6 weeks to build up the tolerance enough to increase the dose size up from a grain of rice size. It gets much easier from that point on though.

One of my patients has been taking the oil now for almost two full years. When he first started, the first six weeks, he said it was literally a trip, like it was all a dream.

When taking the oil one must be patient, and careful. Learn the correct size dose to be comfortable then work your way up from there. Then after approximately six weeks it is easier to increase the dose size.

On a personal note: The newer oil that I make now gives a more comfortable feeling (less anxiety) this was made using a frozen quick wash method. The previous oil where the bud material was longer soaked and the oil came out darker was a more intense more anxiety causing product.

It has also been noticed that if you do any exercise, even as little as walking to the mailbox, it can trigger the effects of the oil, even many hours after having taken a dose. Taking the oil three times per day, you will pretty much be stoned 24/7.

As always the oil can effect each individual quite differently.

I find just the opposite with the quick wash oil. I find it has a higher THC ratio, and less of the other compounds that mellow out the THC. I find the same results with the filtered oil, it's just too strong, without more of the 'green stuff' in it. I like more of a whole cannabis product, rather than the stronger, manipulated high THC oil, by either just quick washing off the outer crystals, or filtering off the compounds that get attracted to the charcoal. You get more of what you would get if you used a medical cannabis vaporizer with a whole cannabis oil. You can't put a lot of leaves in it that way if you are one of the people who aren't used to eating a lot of vegies. You could get some stomach discomfort. Many of us enjoy the extra vegies in our oil.

I would like to touch on the subject of the 'bad trips'. If you are taking a lot of other pain killers you can have a severe drug reaction when you take a dose of cannabis oil. It starts with a longer onset time and then you will get an overdose when you finally start to feel the effects. You should eat some live(not canned)fruit when you take the dosage of oil. Drink a lot of fluids. That will help to smooth out your experience.

I find just the opposite with the quick wash oil. I find it has a higher THC ratio, and less of the other compounds that mellow out the THC. I find the same results with the filtered oil, it's just too strong, without more of the 'green stuff' in it. I like more of a whole cannabis product, rather than the stronger, manipulated high THC oil, by either just quick washing off the outer crystals, or filtering off the compounds that get attracted to the charcoal. You get more of what you would get if you used a medical cannabis vaporizer with a whole cannabis oil. You can't put a lot of leaves in it that way if you are one of the people who aren't used to eating a lot of vegies. You could get some stomach discomfort. Many of us enjoy the extra vegies in our oil.

I would like to touch on the subject of the 'bad trips'. If you are taking a lot of other pain killers you can have a severe drug reaction when you take a dose of cannabis oil. It starts with a longer onset time and then you will get an overdose when you finally start to feel the effects. You should eat some live(not canned)fruit when you take the dosage of oil. Drink a lot of fluids. That will help to smooth out your experience.

NOW ya tell me!! LOL!! My first experience with ingesting oil was my last experience with ingesting oil. Way bad trip!! 16 hours!! I will stick to ingestion via the lungs! Bless you GG!! Medcnman.

Again some good insight Restorium2. Thank you.

Peace...

"I would like to touch on the subject of the 'bad trips'. If you are taking a lot of other pain killers you can have a severe drug reaction when you take a dose of cannabis oil. It starts with a longer onset time and then you will get an overdose when you finally start to feel the effects. You should eat some live(not canned)fruit when you take the dosage of oil. Drink a lot of fluids. That will help to smooth out your experience."

Either I'm weird or I am an old, old hippie because I eat 2 grams of oil per day (all in one dose) and function normally, up and at them all day and sleep very well at night. It only took about a week to 10 days to adjust to this dosage. I first use a water cure, then it is frozen (I use 99% ISO, and freeze it as well). I use the 3 minute wash as directed by Rick Simpson, you end up with fewer non-thc impurities and it makes for a more potent end product.

I neglected to mention that during the 3 minute soak that I continually agitate my material by running my drill with a paint mixer attached.

Edited by Herb Cannabis

Either I'm weird or I am an old, old hippie because I eat 2 grams of oil per day (all in one dose) and function normally, up and at them all day and sleep very well at night. It only took about a week to 10 days to adjust to this dosage. I first use a water cure, then it is frozen (I use 99% ISO, and freeze it as well). I use the 3 minute wash as directed by Rick Simpson, you end up with fewer non-thc impurities and it makes for a more potent end product.

I neglected to mention that during the 3 minute soak that I continually agitate my material by running my drill with a paint mixer attached.

I have one patient like this. They can take all you want to give them. I find it rare among the people I know.

I've been a patient since 1981 and my tolerance is all it can be. I overdose on a very small amount of oil. I overdose very easily on pain pills too. Adjusting a dose to a patient is very important and needs to be approached from the low end, so that you don't scare them off from ever being able to realize the benefits.

I have one patient like this. They can take all you want to give them. I find it rare among the people I know.

I've been a patient since 1981 and my tolerance is all it can be. I overdose on a very small amount of oil. I overdose very easily on pain pills too. Adjusting a dose to a patient is very important and needs to be approached from the low end, so that you don't scare them off from ever being able to realize the benefits.

How very true! Start off small and work up from there. Stay within your comfort zone.

Again some good insight Restorium2. Thank you. Peace... "I would like to touch on the subject of the 'bad trips'. If you are taking a lot of other pain killers you can have a severe drug reaction when you take a dose of cannabis oil. It starts with a longer onset time and then you will get an overdose when you finally start to feel the effects. You should eat some live(not canned)fruit when you take the dosage of oil. Drink a lot of fluids. That will help to smooth out your experience."

My "bad experience" had nothing to do with other drugs at all. I think we should clarify what an "overdose" of oil is....I think it means that you just are waaayyy too stoned.

My "bad experience" had nothing to do with other drugs at all. I think we should clarify what an "overdose" of oil is....I think it means that you just are waaayyy too stoned.

From my experience, you may want to vomit. You will have waves of bad feelings. Some will experience rapid heart beat. Some sweat profusely. A very mild overdose will just keep you on the couch for hours and hours. You may not want to talk much. You will be a true couch potato. Many will just fall asleep.

Yea. Im not keen on the term "overdose" either. Thats something you hear about pill poppers or meth users doing. I just "over did it" LOL! But in all actuality, "overdose" just means too much. Not all oversoses are deadly but, those are the ones we hear about most often. Mm

Yea. Im not keen on the term "overdose" either. Thats something you hear about pill poppers or meth users doing. I just "over did it" LOL! But in all actuality, "overdose" just means too much. Not all oversoses are deadly but, those are the ones we hear about most often. Mm

Medical cannabis overdoses are not deadly. They can be a little harsher than when you were a kid and ate the whole bag of candy on Halloween. That's one of the beauties of this drug. It doesn't kill people.

Medical cannabis overdoses are not deadly. They can be a little harsher than when you were a kid and ate the whole bag of candy on Halloween. That's one of the beauties of this drug. It doesn't kill people.

And thats why I love it so much! I wasnt saying that MM is deadly. Just that when you hear the term "oversose" in the general public or media, its often tied to a death. Mm

Edited by Medcnman

I call it finding your threshold i started taking oil for cancer prevention as i have had stage 3 colin cancer in 2001

taking a pea sized oil dab may be too much oil for your adverage bear. so start small work your way up for a while then SEEK YOUR THRESHOLD on a day you could be couch locked. then work from their. my care provider has a intresting way to regulate oil dosages that with out her permission i cant disclose. But i like my lower grade high cbd oil with plant matter small buds and losta leaf works for me because im a dabbin fool i just like the act of dabbin in the glycerine infused oil it just works for me and i control my useage easly because of the lower garde oil if my pain get really bad just add in taking an motrin that usually dose the trick for my knee pain and spasms. in a few weeks i will have a follow up with my oncologist to look at 11 years without cancer. yea

I call it finding your threshold i started taking oil for cancer prevention as i have had stage 3 colin cancer in 2001

taking a pea sized oil dab may be too much oil for your adverage bear. so start small work your way up for a while then SEEK YOUR THRESHOLD on a day you could be couch locked. then work from their. my care provider has a intresting way to regulate oil dosages that with out her permission i cant disclose. But i like my lower grade high cbd oil with plant matter small buds and losta leaf works for me because im a dabbin fool i just like the act of dabbin in the glycerine infused oil it just works for me and i control my useage easly because of the lower garde oil if my pain get really bad just add in taking an motrin that usually dose the trick for my knee pain and spasms. in a few weeks i will have a follow up with my oncologist to look at 11 years without cancer. yea

I use a graduated glass syringe and dispense into gel caps. I also find that the unfiltered oil is easier to control the dosage of. That stronger stuff, refined and filtered, gets out of hand in a hurry. The weakest stuff, filled with waxes and sugars, doesn't vape well. So it's the trick of getting it just right. Not too clear, not too green.

I use a graduated glass syringe and dispense into gel caps. I also find that the unfiltered oil is easier to control the dosage of. That stronger stuff, refined and filtered, gets out of hand in a hurry. The weakest stuff, filled with waxes and sugars, doesn't vape well. So it's the trick of getting it just right. Not too clear, not too green.

nice clean way to regulate but i dont like pills and then that would take all of the fun out of dabbinn

sometimes i need a sugar fix for cotton mouth but still need to force myself to drink water. i like gatorade but dont like the low calorie stuff. so i find that a dab will do for my cotton mouth and then follow up with a cool ice water. because of 2/3 of my colin is gone i cant asorb water very well and too much gatorade causes too much sugar in my system so a dab in am, a dab here and their all day works with about 1/2 gallon of ice water ive lost about 12 pounds cutting back on gatorade.

nice clean way to regulate but i dont like pills and then that would take all of the fun out of dabbinn

sometimes i need a sugar fix for cotton mouth but still need to force myself to drink water. i like gatorade but dont like the low calorie stuff. so i find that a dab will do for my cotton mouth and then follow up with a cool ice water. because of 2/3 of my colin is gone i cant asorb water very well and too much gatorade causes too much sugar in my system so a dab in am, a dab here and their all day works with about 1/2 gallon of ice water ive lost about 12 pounds cutting back on gatorade.

Great info, thanks.