What If My Caregiver Is Unreliable?

neenee711

did you purchase the seed or the clones.. if not i would say no.. or you could purchase the plants from the caregiver.. although they grow on your card, the plants are not YOURS per-say.. so i would say find a real cg and go forward.. less hassle in the long run anyway..also you would have to put in the change of cg and who can have the plants..

As an example i can supply all my patients with the plants that i can have and my wifes.. so i dont have any plants that are THE patients,, I supply meds to them in the amount they require/request... if they leave they leave.. but they can't take plants unless we work out some agreement....

In my case i would be glad to make clones for them,, but haven't lost a patient yet..If a cg has to have your plant count.. im pretty sure there working on making money from it.. good cg has extra that he uses to help you,, not that he sells to the fm, or local disp, or worse yet the street market..

Edited by Willy

While you can argue the finer points of legal ownership, there is the practical consideration of relocating a garden. What Willy says is the practical reality of changing caregivers.

I have had some patients that started w/ me as their caregiver and specifically indicated that they would like to grow on their own at a latter date. In that instance I agreed to work with them and provided clones for them when they wanted to go it alone.

If you are looking for a new honest and reliable caregiver I am available. I have been growing for over

4 years. I grow in an organic soil-mix and custom grow for my patients' unique conditions. I also provide an assortment of medibles, tinctures, linaments and sativa/indica capsules. I am in Livingston County.Will also travel to western Oakland county, Northern Washtenaw and E. Lansing area.

If interested call: George - SkyHigh Medicinals -

Edited by zapatosunidos
Please use PM system for direct contact

I let my patients that leave my care take their plants if they wish to. However, I get to decide which plants they take. that way I won't lose the biggest most mature plants in the grow room and can give them a series of plants that are already cycled in maturity.

How can you do this without putting your patient at risk of arrest?

You are their caregiver them assigning you gives you their plant rights only legal way to do what your describing your ex patient would have to switch back to being their own caregiver and regain possesion rights no?

thank you so much for all of your input. Yesterday I received a letter letting me know that they are dropping me as a patient, stating that "I am impatient and not understanding what I have been told regarding the growing and harvest cycle of my medication." They go on to say "find a caregiver within 30 days" So my question is if these people are so willing to help MMM patients how could they just drop someone, and second what if i don't take their name off my card so they can't get another patient, what do u think would happen? I have been without meds for over 2 weeks now and do not have the funds to find another. I don't have insurance so I can't go see a doctor for my pills I use to take so basically I am SOL. :(

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Not only were the med's helping my pain but also my depression, which has greatly increased during this holiday time period. They were supplying 2 oz's per month for free, I know for a fact that they do not charge their other patients either and seemed so nice and down to earth when we started back in May/June. I am so confused.

thank you so much for all of your input. Yesterday I received a letter letting me know that they are dropping me as a patient, stating that "I am impatient and not understanding what I have been told regarding the growing and harvest cycle of my medication." They go on to say "find a caregiver within 30 days" So my question is if these people are so willing to help MMM patients how could they just drop someone, and second what if i don't take their name off my card so they can't get another patient, what do u think would happen? I have been without meds for over 2 weeks now and do not have the funds to find another. I don't have insurance so I can't go see a doctor for my pills I use to take so basically I am SOL. :(

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Not only were the med's helping my pain but also my depression, which has greatly increased during this holiday time period. They were supplying 2 oz's per month for free, I know for a fact that they do not charge their other patients either and seemed so nice and down to earth when we started back in May/June. I am so confused.

Find a real caregiver that charges you a little for their time and power bill. That's the only real way to be a happy patient unless you grow your own. We have been telling patients that here since the beginning. You are finally in the right place to get real deal information from people who just want to help you.

Find a real caregiver that charges you a little for their time and power bill. That's the only real way to be a happy patient unless you grow your own. We have been telling patients that here since the beginning. You are finally in the right place to get real deal information from people who just want to help you.

I agree with this....... Always remember that you do not HAVE to be their patient, You CAN send a change form to switch caregivers or to no caregiver. Yet at the same time they do not HAVE to be your caregiver and if you refuse to remove them they can send a letter to LARA and have themselves removed as your caregiver.

Both parties have rights....... Your rights to plants, meds, etc.... revolves around what you have put forward towards these things..... If you paid for seeds,clones, etc..... then you should get some seeds,clones, etc. to get you started. Even if you didnt you would think the caregiver would hook you up anyhow but they dont have to.... Should they/ Yes. Do they always? Clearly no. However if you did not put anything in and were already receiving FREE meds. First congratulations..... Second they have no obligations further to you and you have no obligations to them.

My advice...... Stick around here..... Remove them as your caregiver...... Continue to look for a good caregiver.... or try to begin growing your own, which in my opinion is the best case but it is not for everyone.......

A fair compensation for your meds blows out free meds anyday, unless of course the free meds are from someone in the position to be able to simply share of course. Some people ask me how can I make such a statement?. I simply tell them to talk to people such as yourself and others who never even seen a gram of fee meds in their so called deal.

I wish you good luck my friend I truly hope you do find a good caregiver. Even better I hope you develop a green thumb.... and index finger, pinkie, palm..... :bong7bp:

I think you are in the right place to find what you need. Ask alot of questions. Be honest and upfront and you will find a good fit.

Good luck and good health.

There is no such thing as free meds. There are no, repeat NO growers in Michigan getting free electricity, nutrients, etc. So if the grower can't grow for free, how on earth can he/she supply meds at no cost?? There is only one way. The grower sells meds to the black market and drags you along for the ride as an accomplice or an accessory to a crime. Who wants that ??? - "wink wink...I know you're growing MY 12 plants, and I know you're selling your overages illegally...so hows about you cut me in and give me meds for free???" Do that and you might as well drive the getaway car for the bank robbers with the pre-canned story, " I thought they were going into Subway."

I would like to believe that there is an abundance of growers who give their product away for free simply because they can. But practical outcomes tell us different. Once the newbie grower realizes his schutff is worth $5 to $10/gram, he suddenly has a hard time giving it away for free.

Sorry - no such thing as a free lunch. Best to learn to make your own lunch in the end.

I guess I'm fed up with people asking for meds for free.

The other argument is "oh, well ,maybe the CG can't provide for his current patients with the 60 plants he can already possess, so if I 'give' him my 12, he can provide better for his current patients and give the extra away to me for free."

Newsflash: If your CG can't take care of patients with 12 plants each.....if he needs some of "YOUR" 12 plants to fill in the gap, then it is time to find a new caregiver.

Thanks for all the info. Again it sounds like I am sol. I am applying for Disability but that takes time. If I don't have money for med's how could i start to grow my own (no funds), seriously we are paying out more in bills than my husband brings in, I can't work and he doesn't care whether I get any kind of meds. I am not going to do anything illegal, and i would not hold up my old caregiver from taking on a new patient, I was just wondering how all of that worked. well as usual my life sucks, nothing has gone right since Feb 2011

everyone take care and have a very happy holiday.

Thanks for all the info. Again it sounds like I am sol. I am applying for Disability but that takes time. If I don't have money for med's how could i start to grow my own (no funds), seriously we are paying out more in bills than my husband brings in, I can't work and he doesn't care whether I get any kind of meds. I am not going to do anything illegal, and i would not hold up my old caregiver from taking on a new patient, I was just wondering how all of that worked. well as usual my life sucks, nothing has gone right since Feb 2011

everyone take care and have a very happy holiday.

I'm sorry for the bad position you're in but if your husband doesn't/won't care, I don't think a new caregiver will be able to solve the problem either. Sounds like you have even bigger problems. I hope it works out for you.

The plants I gave the rights to my c.g are his, if I leave him or he dont want to be my c.g they are his plants and I would jsut start my own when my pt card says I can posses, I dont think it woul realy be a big deal, ive switched c.g's I had a horrible 1st one, done bye, I signed another, when I became my ladys c.g the first thing he asked me is if I wanted my plant #'s back, I said not realy I think im gonna need your help for a while, and I did need his help, still do, but if he wants to give me my rights back I will take them back and grow my own, Im growing for 1 pt now, I wouldnt even have to add to the count, but id have to get better, mainly adjust my room, im one of them guys who tryed to go cheap, cheap is over, tents are getting cleaned and put away and the area I was using is gonna grow to triple but not have any more plants added to it, I just need to tweak it hard this time lol!

there are alot of great c.g's around now, I was one of the first people to bad mouth c.g's a few yrs ago, but onece i found the right one the whinning stop, Im happy with my home situation and my c.gs situation between me and him, it is none of my biz what he does with his other pts, I dont knw them nor do I want to,,,gotta go, I just ran a case of butane for some sweet honey oil!

Peace

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

There is no such thing as free meds. There are no, repeat NO growers in Michigan getting free electricity, nutrients, etc. So if the grower can't grow for free, how on earth can he/she supply meds at no cost?? There is only one way. The grower sells meds to the black market and drags you along for the ride as an accomplice or an accessory to a crime. Who wants that ??? - "wink wink...I know you're growing MY 12 plants, and I know you're selling your overages illegally...so hows about you cut me in and give me meds for free???" Do that and you might as well drive the getaway car for the bank robbers with the pre-canned story, " I thought they were going into Subway."

I would like to believe that there is an abundance of growers who give their product away for free simply because they can. But practical outcomes tell us different. Once the newbie grower realizes his schutff is worth $5 to $10/gram, he suddenly has a hard time giving it away for free.

Sorry - no such thing as a free lunch. Best to learn to make your own lunch in the end.

I guess I'm fed up with people asking for meds for free.

The other argument is "oh, well ,maybe the CG can't provide for his current patients with the 60 plants he can already possess, so if I 'give' him my 12, he can provide better for his current patients and give the extra away to me for free."

Newsflash: If your CG can't take care of patients with 12 plants each.....if he needs some of "YOUR" 12 plants to fill in the gap, then it is time to find a new caregiver.

Thank you! Nothing in life is free and growing is a very expensive process for the CG. I wish pateints would understand this.

Ok , I have a new question. Say I pick a new caregiver, they start my plants/meds and by the time they are ready I can not afford to buy anything? do they keep growing those plants, do they transfer those plants to new patient? just how does that work?

Try not to think of it like "These 12 plants belong to patient A" These belong to patient B" etc. I don't know anybody who grows, or needs to grow 72 plants. So let's say a CG has 3 patients and is also a patient himself. He can have 48 plants. He might only have 32 going at any given time. So you sign up with him and as soon as you're legal, you should be able to get meds.

You should have no problem finding a CG who already has a mature grow. Gone are the days when a CG signs up a patient and then starts 12 plants and 4 months later the patient has meds. Don't take this type of deal.

But back to the actual question you answered. Many CGs, and most that I know, would never ever tell you "sorry - no money - no meds." They would try to cover you if you're in a financial low. Maybe offer to let you help out some other way....let you get back on your feet. But ask any prospective CG your question. I had a prospective patient ask me the same thing. My answer "If you fall on hard times, I will supply meds for free for awhile...how long a while? I dunno....until it doesn't feel like a good idea anymore."

There is a sweet spot when it comes to compensation. If the patient pays 'enough' then the CG doesn't mind bending a bit when he has to.....and likewise, if the CG charges 'not too much' then a smart patient won't con the CG into free meds, because he doesn't want to have to find a new CG and pay higher prices.

One thing people never talk about is the CG pricing his service such that his patients won't abuse him and therefore have to find another patient. For example, if a CG charges $5/gram for meds, what patient would want to start screwing around and mess that up?

That's what you need to find for yourself. Good luck