House And Senate Voted To Amend The Act Last Night

How will a patient who does not drive ,or dare not drive for fear of being charged with dui even though they havent medicated,

What does that have to do with anything. Put it in a case. Readily accessible is a broad term. And like Mike pointed out that bill can and will be challenged.

RockinLesPaul, I am sorry dude and know that Malamute in particular tried like hell to get them to drop the felony stuff. I am truly hopeful that in time we can get the sunset for everyone but it is going to take a lot of effort. Felons are easy picking for them.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that have to do with anything. Put it in a case. Readily accessible is a broad term. And like Mike pointed out that bill can and will be challenged.

RockinLesPaul, I am sorry dude and know that Malamute in particular tried like hell to get them to drop the felony stuff. I am truly hopeful that in time we can get the sunset for everyone but it is going to take a lot of effort. Felons are easy picking for them.

I guess you missed the part that they added saying that when transporting LIVE plants noone can be in the car but the patient or the caregiver.

Edited to add..... This......

ENCLOSED,

21 LOCKED FACILITY INCLUDES A MOTOR VEHICLE IF BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING

22 CONDITIONS ARE MET:

23 (1) THE VEHICLE IS BEING USED TEMPORARILY TO TRANSPORT LIVING

24 MARIHUANA PLANTS FROM 1 LOCATION TO ANOTHER WITH THE INTENT TO

25 PERMANENTLY RETAIN THOSE PLANTS AT THE SECOND LOCATION.

26 (2) AN INDIVIDUAL IS NOT INSIDE THE VEHICLE UNLESS HE OR SHE

27 IS EITHER THE REGISTERED QUALIFYING PATIENT TO WHOM THE LIVING

H02589'11 (S-3) CJC

MARIHUANA PLANTS BELONG OR 1 THE INDIVIDUAL DESIGNATED THROUGH THE

2 DEPARTMENTAL REGISTRATION PROCESS AS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVER FOR THE

3 REGISTERED QUALIFYING PATIENT.

Edited by ozzrokk

The section regarding outdoor growing is rediculous. I own the property for over 100 yards in any direction, and because someone can stand on a dirt road and just be able to see my facility would make it illegal? The plants are not distinguishable as marihuana at that distance, but of course people will know what they are.

Well pal this does not affect me..... It is not me I am worried about.....So I guess that is your answer to everyone that does not like being shafted and being told that the shafting came about because they were trying to HELP THE PATIENTS. I have still yet to hear how these bills HELP any of us. You try to soften the blow of all of this by convincing people it is ok. Much in the same way you did when they were working on it. You have done your rep buddies a great service and with a clean conscience I might add. They should be proud.

I do not blame you SFC for what has happened here. It does make me kinda sick how you still try to justify it all but all in all I know that you have zero pull with your buddies. They may have made you feel as if you did have any pull or influence over their decisions but trust me you are worthless to them same as the rest of us. Well all except for them trying to use you to influence the rest of us.But believe me i know you are not to blame

You are just as nutty as ever Oz. When you speak of me and MY influence it is like you think I am alone and the only one talking. Like I said, if the law is too messed up for you now walk away from it, no skin off my back Jack!

Edited by SFC

You are just as nutty as ever Oz. When you speak of me and MY influence it is like you think I am alone and the only one talking. Like I said, if the law is too messed up for you now walk away from it, no skin off my back Jack!

Thats me nutty ole Oz..... I do believe I said you have ZERO influence. I single you out because you are the one always telling us its ok and not that bad. Maybe ok for you and not that bad for you but for others not good and bad. The difference is that I dont like it and it doesnt even affect me but I care for my fellow patients and caregivers. So you are correct as nutty as ever.

Edited to add.... I am still waiting to hear how anything in these bills helps patients.

Edited by ozzrokk

No they did not open the registry. The language in 4851 is actually less restrictive than what is on LARA's page right now. Plus in 4851 is the right to a jury trial. 4834, two year cards which benefits every caregiver and patient in Michigan. The rest of the stuff is mostly fluff and means nothing. These bills are but a shadow of what they started. Not only that but now the legislature cannot throw their hands up and say this is a terrible law THEY FIXED IT!

I'm 47 years old but a felony I got at the age of 19 will now keep my cancer patient and other patients from receiving their medicine from me as their caregiver,,,,,

When do these new laws go into affect?

Soon

And they don't care about any ones Cancer

And when we were in court the prosecutor told the judge your honor she only has ovarian cancer

Convictions. And if you were charged as a juvenile it doesn't count.

Here is another benefit to the program and patients Oz. All of the money generated by the program stays in the program. It is not going to the general fund or anything else. Kind of crazy if you ask me, but that is the way they wanted it.

There is nothing in these bills to help the patients. All of it was written and designed to make it more harmful and restrictive for patients. Anyone that says we should be fine with these bills can go flower themselves. Come April 1st there will be a whole new set of problems for the patients, maybe sooner.

My initial thoughts on 4856

Remember this bill is not an amendment to the act, but is a law creating a new crime –amending public act 328 of the “ The Michigan Penal Code”

A PERSON WHO VIOLATES THIS SECTION IS GUILTY OF A

MISDEMEANOR PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT FOR NOT MORE THAN 93 DAYS ORA FINE OF NOT MORE THAN $500.00, OR BOTH.

HB 4856 was passed with a 50 % vote. It criminalizes the way a patient or caregiver carries their medicine. But wait, pursuant to section 4 of the act, a person who possesses 2.5 ounces has a card (and a photo identifying themselves) is protected against arrest prosecution or any penalty.

First to the legislature, stop creating crimes for people because of their choice in medicine.

Second the idea that a 50% vote can remove the Section 4 protection of the act that would require 75 percent to amend cannot be reconciled.

Third 4856 provides a probable cause basis to search a vehicle, where the act is designed to protect the card (or identification of the patient/ caregiver status) as a basis for probable cause to search, and would seem to be a law designed to circumvent this protection.

“6. Administering the Department's Rules.

(g) Possession of, or application for, a registry identification card shall not constitute probable cause or reasonable suspicion, nor shall it be used to support the search of the person or property of the person possessing or applying for the registry identification card, or otherwise subject the person or property of the person to inspection by any local, county or state governmental agency”

Anything that additionally restricts pts/cgs & puts a target on our backs to further criminalize us is unacceptable.

edit to correct spelling (for you grammar police).

Edited by imiubu

can someone post links to the 4 bills that passed showing the new content?

HB-4834 as passed the Senate

HB-4851 as passed the Senate

HB-4853 as passed the Senate

SB-0933 as passed the House

I don't see the updated HB-4856, but here it is from May 3rd as passed by the House

Edited by Juan Roberto