Can Being Bipolar Prevent You From Getting Your Certification?

This is only my opinion;

One should not have bearing upon the other. If you have documentation of qualifying condition/s,

I would hope that said Dr. will base his recommendation solely on that/ those.

Due to the fact that Cannabis is known for 'mood altering', there may be Dr's. that possibly

won't recommend medical Cannabis with the foreknowledge of a 'mood' disorder.

You are good to go. Bipolar disorder does not prohibit cannabis use when you have other conditions that are allowed.

Can you make this statement with 100% certainty ?

Not trying to be difficult Greg, I just would not want to be the 'test' case for this.

Personally speaking, I would not mention that I was bi-polar.

Can you make this statement with 100% certainty ?

Not trying to be difficult Greg, I just would not want to be the 'test' case for this.

Personally speaking, I would not mention that I was bi-polar.

If I, as the patient, felt it would hinder my obtaining pain relief (my recommendation for MMJ) I might not mention the bi-polar condition, but I would certainly watch my MJ dosage, and regulate it in accordance with my bi-polar symptoms when and as they display; moderating my dosage as needed.

And according to how the symptoms display the patient could choose an Indica or sativa, or a mix.

Good luck.

My wife is bipolar, but she doesn't like to smoke. She just uses medibles to help her sleep at night. I would avoid any strains that are too racy. If you are living with someone who knows your personality well, they can help monitor your behavior when you start using marijuana.

Her bipolar disorder had no bearing on her certification other than getting the reduced fee for disability.

Edited by BassManD

• 3 months later...

the doctor should warn you about side effects from the medical use of marijuana.

as long as you have medical records of your muscle spasms, and are a resident of michigan, and are not a minor, there is nothing to prevent you from getting certified.

it wont help you much, but i think its safe to say that everyone who has gotten certified has been nervous to do so.

i was nervous. but i'm 100% glad i went through with it. i'm very happy with the efficacy of medical marijuana.

if you're really nervous, take a friend or family member with you to the doctor.

i find thats a real simple way of getting rid of fear.

Edited by t-pain

I realize that bi-polar disorder is not a qualifying condition for certification for medical marijuana, but how do you get disability for being bi-polar???

Aah. Gotcha. You will have to file for disability with the Social Security Administration. It is typically a long and arduous process. Additional conditions can help. Good luck.

You cannot, with the possible exception that bipolar meds might cause side effects that are allowed. I am unaware that is the case.

sorry Greg s,  sorry ladys, i mean no harm by this statement!

If a woman checks her self into a hospital, on the loony tune floor, there is a good chance by the time they get out they are on ssi or ssdi!

I Know of several women that have done that,,,,,for real,,,,they were not faking!

I filed for ssdi for my back, and I had to go thru the physc evaluation for ssdi, I won it for my back, my anti social disorders "lmao"

and the meds i was on!

I have d.j and karaoke equip, i could do entertaining now, so how the hell am i anti social!  their dr. not mine!

peace

Jim