Sativas & Indicas

Wild Bill

This photo will give those who aren't sure about the difference between sativas and indicas a pretty good side by side comparison of their growing traits.

I planted two seeds on the same day in August.  One is  Nepalese Rukum, pure Sativa, the other OG Kush.

The OG sprouted first and the Rukum sprouted the next day. I've already begun low stress training on the Rukum.

The one on the left is the sativa and the one on the right is the indica.

Sat V Ind

This photo will give those who aren't sure about the difference between sativas and indicas a pretty good side by side comparison of their growing traits.

I planted two seeds on the same day in August.  One is  Nepalese Rukum, pure Sativa, the other OG Kush.

The OG sprouted first and the Rukum sprouted the next day. I've already begun low stress training on the Rukum.

The one on the left is the sativa and the one on the right is the indica.

i think what you have is just two dif plants. og kush is in fact a sativa dom cut, i dont know who bred your seed but the original strain is sativa dom. the kush in the og kush is just a name, nothing to do with the kush mountains etc,...

Hybrid vigor could have a lot to do with the different growth rates as well.

I have mostly sativa plants that grow just as fast as mostly indica plants. With the main difference being height/ stem in-between buds and overall weight close.

That is a compact sativa, nice job. 

i think what you have is just two dif plants. og kush is in fact a sativa dom cut, i dont know who bred your seed but the original strain is sativa dom. the kush in the og kush is just a name, nothing to do with the kush mountains etc,...

OG Kush is sativa dominant.

I understand the strain originated from crossing ChemDawg '91(sativa) to a Lemon Thai/Paki kush (sativa/indica).

The OG Kush seed is from Reserva Privada and this pheno is classic indica, dark wide leaves on a compact plant. It already has that distinctive OG smell though.

Hybrid vigor could have a lot to do with the different growth rates as well.

The Rukum is a landrace strain from Nepal, not a hybrid.

It comes from the area of the world where many believe cannabis originated. I've been looking for an old fashioned sativa, the kind that makes you laugh until you shart, so I figured a wild landrace would be a good choice.

when poppin seeds,  root development/rate is a good indicator of overall plant development.  

we cull out damaged rootballs early.    If the root is not growing right and you cant help it , pitch it.

can happen in any strain

lots o factors and Every grow different

edited        Is that Sativa Cannabizilla or what?....how old is that?  looks like a cut

Edited by beourbud

edited        Is that Sativa Cannabizilla or what?....how old is that?  looks like a cut

The sativa sprouted one day after the OG. They both sprouted around the last week of August and are essentially the same age.

I normally put plants into flower at about that size so I have already taken a cutting. Hopefully it will be a female.

If it is and continues to grow this fast I shouldn't have any problem with a continuous supply.

I wish I had somewhere to grow it outside, these rascals will get BIG!

Here's one in the wild.

nepalese-highland-seeds-real-seed-compan

The comparison really does not prove a lot. Very isolated examples. Still you might have interesting results. I know it is a huge sacrifice but I am willing to test and compare them for you. When they are done send a lb of each to me and I will do my best for you!  :devil:

Wasn't really meant to prove anything, just a look at the difference between the two varieties for those who had never seen them side by side.

The comparison test sounds like a great deal!

I'll have them wrapped in plain paper, delivered to an undisclosed location by a brown shoe square in the dead of night.

The-Gullible-Mind-Explained.jpg

(I really do respect your opinion though, I grow one of your strains and it is among the best I've ever had.)