Cancer

ahhhh, once again, even in our draconian courts, dried sifted marijuana flowers and leaves are not illegal. This is indeed the basic mode of use for the herb. The size of the screen one chooses is purely up to the users capability and preference. Some prefer squashed roughage while other prefer sifted cleaner type for ease of rolling or purity even.

Stop cooking medibles at once, and send a recipe along with the law, and some dry sifted marijuana flowers instead. A brownie will no doubt be weighed as a whole, just like the street drugs, they are not separated from the baking soda or inositol before the weight is charged, ever. so shall a brownie be judged, foolish to think otherwise in a court. Carruthers was arrested because he had a warrant out for his arrest, and no headlights, otherwise this would be a moot point surely. Everyone knows brownies are a staple among marijuana medicators.  I've given a cop a hard time too, and the next thing you know, cracked windshield, tire treads were on the ticket. I deserved the hassle, stupid me, just glad I wasn't responsible for setting precedents on the subject, some folks cant afford new tires, and a small crack in the corner never hurt anyone. imo 

If we're going to insist it is medicine, should we expect it to be at least dose standardized and solvent free. Several of the qualifying conditions currently are very serious afflictions, including immune deficiency, cancer and wasting syndrome. Do you believe these patients deserve a chance at absolute pure and standard medicine to treat their disease, for repeatability, good health, and minimal risks?  Sterility and standardization is paramount in every other medicinal preparation sold to the sick, how could we get around that hurdle, and do we want to ?

I don't understand why hashish is not the preferred method. Mechanical, rather than chemical, extraction, takes chemical risk entirely out of the issue and safety in its preparation is totally risk free unless you manage to get your finger caught in an electric mixer when you make bubble hash. It can be mixed with any oil, animal or vegetable, and used in a number of ways. To use a small amount of canola oil to get to the consistency of simpson oil is verry simple, as is dilution in a light vegetable oil, like grapeseed, to be used topically. Coconut oil could not be more benign. I think the hype over chemical extracts is overblown.

Arguments that kitchens are not appropriate places to prepare the stuff are superfluous. The stuff is a garden herb, and using it in meal preparation or as a home remedy is entirely appropriate. In fact, I think it would be better to consider labeling it as a medicinal home remedy rather than a heavy duty drug that needs to be regulated.

If we're going to insist it is medicine, should we expect it to be at least dose standardized and solvent free. Several of the qualifying conditions currently are very serious afflictions, including immune deficiency, cancer and wasting syndrome. Do you believe these patients deserve a chance at absolute pure and standard medicine to treat their disease, for repeatability, good health, and minimal risks?  Sterility and standardization is paramount in every other medicinal preparation sold to the sick, how could we get around that hurdle, and do we want to ?

If designated as a commercial medicine then yes. But as a medicinal herbal home remedy, absolutely not. It is self titrating and requires no determined dosage for all users. We have, again, absolute control over quality and purity. We can produce the stuff without hazardous levels of toxins. The popular literature regarding the stuff is full of cautions about and means to minimize or eliminate impurities. Heat is the ultimate sanitizer. Smoking or vaping are the safest methods in regard to microorganisms or pests, not to mention decarboxylization, which can more simply be referred to as roasting, baking, or microwaving. Until anyone can point out an advantage of some kind of chemical extraction over simple hashish production, or even the use of coarse flowers and leaves, and simple sterilization, I will remain unconvinced that it is necessary or prudent.

Rolling a piece of pliable hashish into the size of a mouse or squirrel turd between your fingers cannot be much different in delivering the drug than is Simpson oil.

Edited by GregS

I think the "medicinal home remedy" ship has sailed my friend, big pharma has patents already. I don't see this in any other situation, like home remedy Lipitor made from red rice, or the like. I've seen big pharma throw down on EVERY scientist giving away a cottage industry cancer cure in all of history, and those came with extensive studies, clinicals, with strict rules.  They have  guidelines even in those bottled remedies, for sale to the public. To think they'll "let this one slide" is hopeful, but very unlikely I fear. We have not even scratched the surface with our  once again "newly discovered" herb. I assure you though, that THEM  are not at all in the dark with it, and most likely fear our ability to so easily produce and discover with it. the financial losses alone.....

Don't misunderstand me , I am not in favor of regulation, but of education.

This is an herb not all that  different to me than the dozens of others I've been growing for decades. I enjoy this one gram for gram with fresh basil daily, and some others also. I've successfully avoided medication since the day I left my home- using unregulated herbal blends, some I even bought on the black market ! I say let food be your medicine, and cannabis and its seeds are definitely food.

I see articles like this daily. Definitely worth reading if you support medical marijuana. It has changed this child's life. At least since he started taking the cannabis oil. It is too bad that our government refuses to allow the people to treat themselves with a God given plant.

http://www.csindy.com/coloradosprings/10-year-old-is-seizure-free-after-one-year-of-cannabis-oil/Content?oid=2779991

Looks like they are taking the same route as the link on page one in fighting cancer. Too bad it is now a crime in this country to exercise religious rights.

My guess is their herbal remedy is eating decarbed concentrated cannabis. I could be wrong, but it appears that way.

http://gma.yahoo.com/amish-girl-leukemia-family-flees-us-avoid-chemotherapy-140153559--abc-news-topstories.html

By reading the story it is says that she is doing better.

• 4 years later...