Essential Tools Of The Trade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for the link on that pollen shaker.  Never kept sugar leaf before.  I got 5 grams of sugar leaf off of my last plant.  Some of which was fan leaves with just a coating near the base.  Return was over 4/10ths of a gram prime kief.  Amazing.  That's almost a 10% return. 

excellent ! glad you had good results. I don't keep any trim either but cant resist chucking bud in there. Admittedly never measured for the return, but any given day you'll find mine half full of bud in the freezer, waiting for another shake. The keif really is premium compared to my bubble bags and boxes. It can be heated and pressed for a great hashish, easy to store too.. Once pressed the trichome glands explode and oil soaks with the waxy stuff.

Wow, thanks for the link on that pollen shaker.  Never kept sugar leaf before.  I got 5 grams of sugar leaf off of my last plant.  Some of which was fan leaves with just a coating near the base.  Return was over 4/10ths of a gram prime kief.  Amazing.  That's almost a 10% return. 

I have a 1/3 hp 6.5 amp meat grinder w/3 gear power reduction in oil bath. It takes a 3/4" drive and is rated at 1725 rpm but the bit arbor rotates at about 100 rpm, about a 17/1 power advantage, and the thing is about powerful enough to drive a cement mixer. It will grind a cool 100 lbs. of meat per hour, but I no longer have the health to work with sausage making and meat trimming and processing. With a little machine work and craftsmanship it would power a great tumbler, which is a project planned if and when I can get back on my feet. Shoulder and back injuries prevent me from shaking by hand.

Edited by GregS

• 6 months later...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61CB6tPR4ML._AA160_.jpg

hands down the friendliest drinking water safe hose available. I've tried a dozen, and this one wins. many sizes to choose from. my indoor garden loves the 25 foot 1/2 inch model, while my outdoor garden car wash animal wash/water center loves the 3/4 100 footer.

Edited by grassmatch

• 2 months later...

cannabis is strange. I dry my fresh harvests till 75% of the weight is gone. If I smoke it then I feel its the best cannabis I've ever had. If I decarb it, then smoke it, it becomes a slack jawed dimwitted effect that I'd just assume sleep through.  If I eat it my head swirls and I don't feel good. If I "decarb" it first, my head swirls and I don't feel good.

If I make concentrate from it after dried its the cleanest most pleasant effect I've ever had, and when I "decarb it first it's the lowest grade effect from oil I ever felt, and just assume sleep through it.

The same results experienced as each ages too. Old oil is sleepy tired oil, old bud is tasteless tired smoke.

I'd like to see exactly how much time is needed to completely "decarboxylate" a fresh harvest, and the advan/disadvan to further decarboxylation of material that has been naturally decarb'd.

In the 70's I recall the hippie folks decarbing bud in an oven, but only when they had a pile of trim or hermies to process into hashish or oil quickly, but never dried buds. The effect of a fresh harvest plant consumed compared to a dried one is the difference between decarb's and not imo. If they processed the weight as fresh it would not produce the effects that dried product did.  This info is in an age old trash to stash pamphlet still in print somewhere.

I definitely know patients who need to feel dopey and sleepy, and also know this controls pain more effectively than dried bud only. If I made concentrates for a living I would hope to quantify and label the decarboxylation rate on several different standardized versions for a complete and consistent patient experience.

cannabis is strange. I dry my fresh harvests till 75% of the weight is gone. If I smoke it then I feel its the best cannabis I've ever had. If I decarb it, then smoke it, it becomes a slack jawed dimwitted effect that I'd just assume sleep through.  If I eat it my head swirls and I don't feel good. If I "decarb" it first, my head swirls and I don't feel good.

If I make concentrate from it after dried its the cleanest most pleasant effect I've ever had, and when I "decarb it first it's the lowest grade effect from oil I ever felt, and just assume sleep through it.

The same results experienced as each ages too. Old oil is sleepy tired oil, old bud is tasteless tired smoke.

I'd like to see exactly how much time is needed to completely "decarboxylate" a fresh harvest, and the advan/disadvan to further decarboxylation of material that has been naturally decarb'd.

In the 70's I recall the hippie folks decarbing bud in an oven, but only when they had a pile of trim or hermies to process into hashish or oil quickly, but never dried buds. The effect of a fresh harvest plant consumed compared to a dried one is the difference between decarb's and not imo. If they processed the weight as fresh it would not produce the effects that dried product did.  This info is in an age old trash to stash pamphlet still in print somewhere.

I definitely know patients who need to feel dopey and sleepy, and also know this controls pain more effectively than dried bud only. If I made concentrates for a living I would hope to quantify and label the decarboxylation rate on several different standardized versions for a complete and consistent patient experience.

Maybe you should lower your dosage a little with the 'more decarbed' products that make you 'sleepy'. You are probably a little 'overdosed'. 

could be, but two joints of dried vs one joint of "decarb'd, I think not.

I can puff dabs for hours with no adverse effects. Two dabs of "decarb" and yuck. My patients report the same experience. That does not discount another's experience though, and may just reflect the chemotypes of the particular patients that register me. We find many things in common including likes and dislikes of effects, music, etc. So, more like this...the people that I know, the ones like me, have a similar experience as I do with decarbing cannabis, go figure right. that would make it a personal cannabis chemotype issue I believe, and not a universal truth perhaps.

I can puff dabs for hours with no adverse effects.

That sounds 'to me' like some very weak oil. I'm a chronic pain sufferer from way back, high tolerance, and I only vape oil late at night because it is so strong. If you can puff away for hours then what you are puffing isn't like what I'm puffing. I don't know anyone who can puff my oil during the day like you describe. It's just way too strong for that. Real deal oil knocks your head off in three hits (or less). That's how it should be.

Why would you decarb something your smoking?

Good question ...... The only thing you might be doing is subtraction of something with heat.

As your question implies;  Decarb is for cannabis that never saw heat and isn't ever going to be heated before ingestion. It's an activation of the cannabinoids when no heat is going to be involved. You discover the need for this when you ingest raw cannabis and nothing happens.

I can puff dabs for hours with no adverse effects.

That sounds 'to me' like some very weak oil. I'm a chronic pain sufferer from way back, high tolerance, and I only vape oil late at night because it is so strong. If you can puff away for hours then what you are puffing isn't like what I'm puffing. I don't know anyone who can puff my oil during the day like you describe. It's just way too strong for that. Real deal oil knocks your head off in three hits (or less). That's how it should be.

"strong" ? "weak"? "high tolerance"? "real deal"? "knocks your head off"? "how it should be"? all very scientific considerations in the restorium world I suppose. I too don't medicate with or know anyone who would tolerate getting their head knocked off in three hits, since high school anyways.

I have NO doubt that what I am dabbing is NOT what you are dabbing, with no offense intended. My dabs were always made with pharmaceutical equipment and lab grade technique, the exact same way other botanical medicinals are extracted, at the pharmacy even. I've partied with people smoking their basement dank mildew smelling weeds telling us all it was the best they ever had too, with a grain of salt. Their other close friends agreed with the grower, and all got their socks knocked off too. I escaped, socks and all. to each his own, including assumptions, egos, and preferences.

good day