Cloning Help

jimmiej48

Sorry pic don't understand that language or what you use. but I will stick with what works. first year grower and first time clowning and I have massive root in 12 days or so and have not failed. I have 2 plants in flower and 4 veg and 3 clones witch I potted and roots like no tomorrow.I have built off this site and will continue

• 1 year later...

I've noticed that a Ph inbalance can cause cloning issues whether using hydro, dirt or cloning cubes. I've used lemon juice concentrate to lower my Ph levels and swimming pool Ph, chlorine, etc. tests strips to monitor levels whether cloning, misting, or watering. You can also get soil test kits which show Nitrogen, soil acidity, etc. for optimum growing conditions whether indoor or out. In addition, cuttings can get air embolisms if not kept moist prior to preparing clones. If you suspect this you can try cutting the clone slightly higher to remove the air embolism just remember to keep the newly cut clone moist or dip in cloning gel and keep it there until ready to place in hydro. cloner, cubes or dirt. Mixing Clonex or other cloning nutrient ( nutrient not the gel )in the water you use to start your clones can give them an extra boost but you only need it for starting, not continual watering or misting.

Your room temperature and humidity is also important. Too cool and/or too dry can cause the clones to wilt as well. I hope this helped and, if anyone has anything to add of their own experiences, I'd love to know. I'm always looking for new and better ways of perfecting my cloning methods.

jimmy!! great news! keep up the good work!

if a method works consistently, it has been perfected :)

I avoid physical contact with gels/dips. Auxins and cytokines, the phytohormones naturally found in plants, are most often synthesized versions when applied to plant culture applications. found in miniscule amounts in the human organ, the accumulation of of these hormones is suspect in a myriad of dis-ease's. Siberia operates a huge plant culture compound involved in the genetic manipulation of plants(and?) for bio/military applications. The surrounding miles are populated with the largest Morgellons affliction in the world I've read.

Atomizing them in a spray is an efficient way of exposure to be avoided if possible. I use them in tissue culture in each sample. The amounts in cloning preps and in tissue culture are very small, yet very effective. for instance I could use one drop of a 200:1 auxin/water mix, added to a five gallon pail of water, and only require one drop of that in a 1 liter culture mix. Two "drops" can cause ugly results in plant growth, node spacing, leaf formations, life span, and more that I don't even understand.

I use them to inspire the undifferentiated dna in a test tube, to eventually become a finished plant, many future clones, root formation, multiplication, division etc.

An age old "cloning" prep I've worked with since I was a kid is derived from a willow branch. Some rich history of the willow preparations is found on google, from its salicylic acid(aspirin) to cloning applications, maybe more. I always have some sterile WW on hand. I have used this to mist plants, water plants, tissue culture, cloning with real results. The prep is a pita, but the safety feature might make it worthwhile for the every day user.

I've used aloe vera gel with good results too, but its pure form doesn't stay pure for too long. An aloe house plant might be the answer, snip, dip, clone maybe?

Gelatin works well too(sugar,hormones,water, basal salts)=the base ingredients of every culture substrate.

Crushed meristem ends are chock full of natural growth hormones and a prep of this can be used too. :)

(hydro peroxide=h202=increased oxygen=anti microbial=anti bacterial=pesticide=natural...might be some of the benefits in the garden.)