What Are They Waiting For?

Ms Chocolate

Long before the state of Michigan listed "medical marihuana" on its site, it had a listing of what its experts felt were some really painful conditions. Some of these experts are on the medical marihuana advisory panel.

I have asked this question a hundred times, "Why have those listed conditions been automatically rolled into the MMMA qualified and accepted conditions?"

Those listed should not have to go thought a panel vote, members of the panel have already approved the wroth of these painful conditions.

What say you?

Long before the state of Michigan listed "medical marihuana" on its site, it had a listing of what its experts felt were some really painful conditions. Some of these experts are on the medical marihuana advisory panel.

I have asked this question a hundred times, "Why have those listed conditions been automatically rolled into the MMMA qualified and accepted conditions?"

Those listed should not have to go thought a panel vote, members of the panel have already approved the wroth of these painful conditions.

What say you?

I don't understand. Will you please explain? Are you suggesting that chronic pain, which covers a multitude of conditions and symptoms, would be better individuated and specified?

Edited by GregS

In 2008, the voters in Michigan elected to provide untethered coverage to patients suffering with 9 conditions: cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, ALS, Cohn's disease, nail patella, Alzheimer's, and the treatment thereof.  

The voters also allow marihuana use to patients suffering from a group of non-descript conditions including cachexia, severe & chronic pain,  severe nausea, seizure characteristic of epilepsy, and severe & persistent muscle spams characteristic of multiple sclerosis. It is this grouping that covers everything else.

Aside from psychological conditions, any condition presented to the Review Panel will be "individuated and specified". Michigan has already presented a list of "Painful Diseases & Conditions".  Because arthritis encompass over 100 diseases, I can see where certain included conditions might be excluded. I see no reason why the panel cannot vote on items that many members of the panel has already decided are "severe and chronic" conditions.

In 2008, the voters in Michigan elected to provide untethered coverage to patients suffering with 9 conditions: cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, ALS, Cohn's disease, nail patella, Alzheimer's, and the treatment thereof.  

The voters also allow marihuana use to patients suffering from a group of non-descript conditions including cachexia, severe & chronic pain,  severe nausea, seizure characteristic of epilepsy, and severe & persistent muscle spams characteristic of multiple sclerosis. It is this grouping that covers everything else.

Aside from psychological conditions, any condition presented to the Review Panel will be "individuated and specified". Michigan has already presented a list of "Painful Diseases & Conditions".  Because arthritis encompass over 100 diseases, I can see where certain included conditions might be excluded. I see no reason why the panel cannot vote on items that many members of the panel has already decided are "severe and chronic" conditions.

Is your point that you think that they will do that? Do you think exclusion is likely?

Edited by GregS

My point is that members of the Review Panel should, without question, vote to list the majority of those items listed under LARA's list of "Painful Diseases & Conditions" from Section 3 (4)(b)(2) to Section 3 (4)(b)(1) of the MMMA.

This is what would have happen with Parkinson; a condition that produces severe and chronic pain, seizures characteristic of epilepsy, and muscle spams characteristic of MS.

I think this is important because there are many people who might find medical gains in marihuana's use. If doctors see an exact condition listed, as oppose to wondering if they might be questioned for extending a recommendation to something not listed, patients would benefit.

All the people who come to this site, have you no opinion?

Edited by Ms Chocolate

Chocolate',

This is a guideline established by LARA specifically.  They will not do symptom orientated conditions ont he panel. Only specific named conditions.

I have a major issue with this myself.  It has been brought up and argued and we(the good guys) were told in no uncertain terms,. tough shite muthafu....

It is OBVIOUS they are doing every bureaucratic trick and stall to delegitimize and interfere with the process of the new conditions panel. It is our job to remain steadfast and true until it is done with some degree of sanity and cooperation.

Until then,... most of the panel members are not bad people, even the ones that have voted against us.  LARA is the end culprit in this circumstance and I am guessing, they are doing so with "advice" from on high so to speak.  Their incompetence makes up the rest of the problem.

And I agree chocolate.

We should be able to dump in 40 named conditions that currently fall under "severe and chronic" conditions.  Make alist of all named conditions that have seizure related activity etc.

It ain't gonna happen anytime soon,... but it is something I would like to see.

I would also like to see more generalized symptom oriented conditions added in the same way.  Such as "Sleep related" issues,  Anxiety related conditions and such.

The conditions you mentioned, Ms. C, are already covered by token of the fact that they produce chronic pain. I think that concern is marginally appropriate in the sense that the state might use them to somehow limit our use of the drug, but presently that is certainly not the case. Chronic pain covers a lot of ground. Some obviously have a problem with that and have said so, but it is the single most debilitating issue in all of medicine, and to my mind that entirely legitimates the use of the drug for that purpose.

I still do appreciate the panel members that have taken the time to attend the meetings and testimony. It does not seem to be their fault that the panel is nonfunctional.

It's pretty clear that the Republican leadership in the Legislature and Governor's and Attorney General's office have gamed the process altogether. All state administrative agencies answer to the Governor, who appoints those agencies' top personnel to do his bidding. Schitte has influence and advises Snyder in this regard. It is a common facet of government that where programs and agendas run counter to a given ideology are concerned, those ideologues will minimize resources and throw up roadblocks.

Edited by GregS

It's pretty clear that the Republican leadership in the Legislature and Governor's and Attorney General's office have gamed the process altogether. All state administrative agencies answer to the Governor, who appoints those agencies' top personnel to do his bidding. Schitte has influence and advises Snyder in this regard. It is a common facet of government that where programs and agendas run counter to a given ideology are concerned, those ideologues will minimize resources and throw up roadblocks.

Crystal Clear

• 5 weeks later...

YES : BLAME ON BUSH...........Oh BARRY HAS BEEN PREZ FOR 9 YEARS. Bet most of you are on disability that my husbands breaks his 62 year old back pays for,aren't you? GIMMEE ALL YOUR MJ<I AM ENTITLED TO IT,YOU DIDN'T GROW THAT. Michigan,the State of Moochers.

Thank you

There are to types of Disabilities someone can be on from the State SSD and SSI and SSD is when someone has worked for almost all there lives and has paid into  the sytem 

that is their money 

SSI is if someone hasn't work for long 

SSD is an insurance policy you pay into. If you meet the rules that says they need to pay your claim then you get paid. It's not an entittlement. Same with workers compensation. They are insurance policies. The insurance companies would like you to believe otherwise though. They would like you to feel guilty for collecting so they can make more money and pay less claims. They will do anything in their power to skew the truth and lie for money.

Bob, a person could have paid into the system with well enough time to receive SSDI, but fight so long to receive it that once approved, their credits has reduced to below the required level. Said person "might" be force into SSI because of time.  

There are also those who received SSDI but never made into the pot. This would include those people who were disable before the age of 18, and are able to collect based on their parents payments.

People who speak of "moochers" tend to be those ignorant of what's available to who, when; AND major haters!