Irritable Bowel Syndrome

IBS and IBD are NOT the same. Go get tested for heliobactor or c-diff infection and find out if that is causing the problem. Your guts are your immune system. When they go bad,or are removed,you just get sicker. I can't eat at all anymore.

Damm girl. Good luck with all of that. I'm coming to the point that I seem to have found some helpful treatment. I hope you might find the same.

Just wrote a pm reply and I think I've got something that some may find helpful if their symptoms match mine. 

I'll add that to my strains to look for list.  For me it's mostly anxiety.  I just got rid of a tenant in NY that tried to freeze my pipes and bust my heating system before moving out and I knew this passive aggresive would try to do something to my house and I had to sit a month waiting for him to move out and couldn't really do anything.  I'm down to 128lbs right now.  The meds did great to keep my head on strait but couldn't really give me enough of an apatite.  Now that he's gone I'm hungry like an ox.  I think if I can control the anxiety thru getting a job finally and keeping my mind occupied(I haev "stuff" to do but no schedule) the meds would make it like I didn't have anything wrong(well if I paid off both houses and my wife's student loans I may not even need the meds :).  It's pathetic I worry about bunny muffin as much as I do.  Maybe if I got back into meditation.  After a good kush(or more xanax than I want to take) it puts my "problems" into perspective and calms me enough to eat and feel good enough to get things done. It's great to have something such as MJ to work thru this and learn thru without just being doped up on xanax to get rid of the anxiety  and not accomplishing anything, like I did 3 years ago.

Thanks a ton for the strainwatch.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a severe form of IBS. Sometimes it will last for weeks..episodes where I am rolling around in pain and vomiting &...other things. it sometimes gets so bad that drinking water sets it off. If I am lucky if I pass out. My family is of the opinion it's crohn's but the doctor said severe IB. I could'nt eat any food at all for two weeks once and still had attacks. very much like being in perpetual labor. My oldest daughter got so scared she brought me some marijuana...I was so mad at first and then went into a bad attack and tried it. Within 45 seconds it felt like my internal organs went cool...and the pain stopped. I ate for the first time in two weeks. Unfortunately back then it was hit or miss because mj was illegal and you never knew what strain you were getting. chocolope and ATF have helped me but I am just now in a position where I can really try different strains. Another thing that helps... sugar free chocolate made with maltitol. Sparingly. 2 to 3 pieces. It produces a laxative effect that will go away after you get used to it but it also calms the bowels. Don't eat more than 3 pieces and keep it to 2 at first. Russel Stover makes these, they come in green bags. Get either pure chocolate or a chocolate covered cream or mint patties. They work the best. I've found these in conjunction with mm really help keep the IB at bay.

Thanks booberry,i thought i had most of my symptoms under control and have been feeling good last couple of months.
Last week i got a persistent pain in my gut and since I've had a few bouts of diverticulitis the last six months i decided to go to the er to get checked out.
The ct scan showed i had diver with a perforated colon.I was able to avoid surgery but prolly will have it done soon to have a problem area of my colon taken out