Disability And Surviving On It!

It seems at times many are angry at people who are on disability!

disabilty = work mans comp, ssi, ssdi and any kind of recoup for income loss from your disability including state aid, but not unemployment.

It also seems that the folks on disability complain more about the cost of mm as their medication!

All of the above is just my observations over the yrs I have been involved with 3ma!

At the same time we have pt's who can still work, or are home bound, or able to function in many ways in the eyes of others, but realy can not do alot on their own and are lucky to have a little cash left over after they pay their bills. let alone pay for their medications.

I am on ssdi and I have no problem being on gov aid, I worked since I was 14 yrs old untill I was almost 39, I was self employed at least 3/4 of my working yrs, I paid self employment taxes the whole time, even when I worked for some one and worked on my own at the same time, I paid my taxes and self employment taxes, that means in this day and age I have a right to collect ssdi! after 8 yrs of fighting for it a judge said I was disabled finaly, I always had the proper paper work and medical records, they just fought me all the way thinking I would give up, and I bet alot give up and they lose quaters for their working yrs, I did not lose any of my working yrs, as soon as  I went thru the whole process the 1st time, I got me a new lawyer within a wk of the last appeal and started over!

So I guess what I would like to see here is all peoples view, whether you work still as a pt, or collect ssi or state aid, and how you feel about it either way!

I am looking for opinions of all folks who would like to give them!

Thank You All!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Thanks for the post Phaquetoo i can share some opinions and they are only mine Lol Torey and i both our on some type of disability and food stamps she is more home bound then me i still get around OK 

with out the stamps things would not be good and  they really help i also like you worked all my life 30+years so i'am on SSDI but Torey didn't as much so she is the SSI girl 

i'm for anyone getting their money out of the govt pockets , if you paid in , you deserve it back.

also we gotta take care of the sick , for people who were homemakers or cant work.

i'd rather help sick people and feed the poor than fund some awful war in some country i couldnt point to on a map.

My dad paid in until the day he died and never got a penny. Veteran too. That's the ideal citizen. Pay and never collect. Then the government can spend the money on a party or something else just as important. Party on!

Back in the 80's there was a law that said that if your parent died you would get a small amount of social security to help you through 4 years of college as long as your grades were good.

Regan came along and said that Uncle Sam couldn't afford it, cut it completely. Party on!

If you qualify for disability, my friends, then; Party On! Regan would. Party like a politician would, because if you weren't collecting it, they would just be having fun with it.

and some are obviously disabled, and yet others are and do not collect. That could be a finding in Phaq's report hopefully.

"Disabled ? Until you know someones Disability you sometimes can't tell most don't hold signs up or have it pasted on their fore heads and even some may have  mental Disabilities that only show up sometimes "

LOL  ok thank you all for your opinions,  Please keep them coming, it is good to let it out now and than, imi It was nice to read both sides of the story!  um grass match phaque bawahahahahaha!  :yahoo-wave:  rest thank you! your right to the gov your pops was the best for the idiot politicians and im sorry for how they treat people and their family's

Bob your right, if you were to just look at me and talk to me, you wouldnt know the physical pain I feel or the mental strain it causes me, alot if not most disable people have mental health issues, I know I do and some if not all of you on here have seen it come out now and than, just think about my poor family who has to deal with me in person :hair: 

Well I hope to read more the good the bad and ugly! dont be afraid to say what you want or go off subject now and than, just dont break the sites rules and all good, I mean I dont care if you break the sites rules, but I do want all of you to stick around and not get a vacation as they call bad behaviour time outs here lmao ive had a few of them in my days here!

Keep em coming!

Peace

I will take what others are to proud to take lol!    I think the tax money should all just go to me me me! lmao

when I was working down in macomb county I seen a guy with a sign saying he would work for food!  I realy needed a helper that day one of my flunkys was out having fun on lake st. clair ,,so I pull over and ask the guy if he wants to work with me about a mile away, I told him i would give him 10 an hr and get him food for his family.  he said cant ya just give me 20 bucks!!!! Now his plan was to make money, disability never came up, he didnt  say I cant work, his sign said he would!!!  It still pee pee's me off,

needless to say I left and didnt give him anything but a complain out for waisting my time and being a lazy donkey!

Ive hear that them guys make several hundred bucks a day when they do that, there used to be a guy on green feild and 8 mile under the bridge, he would make designs with the rocks and had a donation bucket, he dressed like he had no  money and never missed a day, I talke to him once and commented how good is art work was, we started talking and that was his job, he made over a grand a week, he owned a house and had a family and was living better than I.

Peace

Ive hear that them guys make several hundred bucks a day when they do that, there used to be a guy on green feild and 8 mile under the bridge, he would make designs with the rocks and had a donation bucket, he dressed like he had no  money and never missed a day, I talke to him once and commented how good is art work was, we started talking and that was his job, he made over a grand a week, he owned a house and had a family and was living better than I.

Peace

nobody said people with money cant beg for more money.

just look at all those rich people begging the govt for more money! hah

Imi  You said you turned down the $25 a month food stamps and that you pay 96 for your medicair.  you dont have to pay back food stamps , you only have to pay back cash assistance when or if ya go on ssdi (that is for others)

I get 12 bucks a month on food stamps, but I also have Mi adult health thru the county/state and they pay my 96 bucks to medicair and I get that in my monthly check!  you realy should check into that, im on ssdi and my back up is medicaid (mi adult health ins) I dont know about you, but I quickly found a place to use that extra 100 bucks a month!

Peace

What tinkles me off is are the immigrants from countries such as iraq that come here and scam the system.These people get social security,food stamps,medicare, the whole shot,as soon as they get off the plane.
Many of them are very well off and they hide their assets with family members that are here.They buy a house for cash in a family members name and laugh at how stupid our government is.
How do they qualify for social security when they never worked one day in this country. phuk that!
My wife fought to collect disability for four years after working for 30 years.It was finally approved about two months after she died .
I guess they figured she really was sick.The people that deserve it seem to have the hardest time collecting it.

All I know for sure is when they start up their party stores and gas stations they get like a 5  yr tax break and after 5 yrs they sell it to some one else in their family or community pool!  look at NY state no taxes for 10 yrs for new bussinesses, whether they make all of their parts here or not, they could just have a warhouse here and import everything and make a ton on savings!

we live here my grand father and my son are/were in the armed services, take care of vets and their familys 1st! if any thing is left over put it back into ssi so the people now working dont have to pay as much for the people collecting it. this is not how ssi was supposed to work, it was to help with your retirement not be your retirement, but hey its my retirement, and while I was working I wasnt so sure it would be around by the time I was old enough to collect it, sorry now I dont care im on it untill I die or they run out of money!

Peace