Disability And Surviving On It!

My Chaldean friend and coworker complains about this all the time, even he is disgusted by this. He says this is common practice,and has several friends and cousins that are doing it.Those are the only facts i have.
He told me of one woman who was moving back to iraq and wanted to know if they would still be mailing her checks to her in iraq.
Most complain about not getting enough money.

yes chaldean's are christian iraqi's there are many of them, but I have never been in an arab owned store where they didnt say they were chadeans!  So im not so sure they are all christian iraqi's, syria and lebanon also have christian comunitys, my great grandma is off the boat from syria, she was christian and all of her children were brought up in the catholic church including me her great gandson!

Ive been to philidelphia to meet most of her side of the family, they lived in the block houses of the slum, they had lil businesses, pool hall, dry cleaners, and just about all of my cousins on that side including my great grandma ran numbers, this was before the lottery's they used to draw there numbers from different horse races! I beleive the first lottery was running in mi at the time but not sure, this was a long time ago, the first MI lottery's were a green ticket on a roll and you just bought one or 2 and you did not get to pick your numbers, they already had numbers on them, they also use to run numbers in philly and used the first lotterys to pick the winning numbers in the ilegal trade!

I guess what im saying is alot come here under the pretense they are christians, it made it easier to get granted green card status and citizen ship back then!

Peace

You  Know if I lived there I would want to come here also no matter what my religious beleif's were!  It dont matter that we are in a war with them, they would be in a war with another country if it wasnt us. who wouldnt want to live in the U.S.A!

Peace

• 2 months later...

Its most likely is because of your working yrs or lack of, or your age, alot of people who didnt always have tax paying jobs only get like 600 a month on ssdi if they were on ssi they would even get less!

sorry about your situation, if you qualify for ssdi dont your kids also?  I know when I finaly got mine they owed my son a ton of back pay! and he was already a Marine by than!

Peace

My niece. 2 boys,a full time job,daycare and all she gets is 500.00/month. It ain't easy. Your own Govt will help illegal immigrants but not it's own citizens.Liberalism at it's best. And nothing said about the Christians that Muslims are killing and burning in Nigeria and Somalia.

My niece. 2 boys,a full time job,daycare and all she gets is 500.00/month. It ain't easy. Your own Govt will help illegal immigrants but not it's own citizens.Liberalism at it's best. And nothing said about the Christians that Muslims are killing and burning in Nigeria and Somalia.

Liberalism at its best? Are you kidding? Liberals are the ones who want to expand government benefits. Conservatives (aka Republicans) are the ones who not only want to cut benefits, they want to eliminate them entirely. So,under the Republicans plan your niece would get $0 per month. This is a better idea to you?

Don't forget, there was a time when Christians were killing and burning Muslims. It was called the Crusades. Muslims don't have a monopoly on religious fanaticism.

jointedone how does your neice work full time and get ssi? did her hubby die? or are her kids eligable for some reason?  Im not sure I understand your post about your niece, sorry,,,,could you tell me a lil more?

Peace

She has 2 boys,3 and 4.Father is not involved in any way,meaning she does not get child support from him.The State cut her Bridge card down from 300/month to 200 so now she has to buy less food. She was never married to the guy. She works full time at a pharmacy,at 9.00 an hour. The kids go to daycare,a place that the State said she had to take them to. Next year the oldest one will be in school but the younger one will still go to day care.The State covers the kids for medical. But not her. her car is old,and in her brothers name,because the State will cut her again if they know she has a car. I guess she is supposed to hitch hike to work and to pick her kids up from daycare. She doesn't get SSI, from the State or the Feds. The money comes from the County for the children. I don't know what the name of the dept is,used to be DHS. They don't pay for the full amount of day care,she has to pay a percentage.....BECAUSE SHE HAS A JOB. Now I guess she could just stay home and have more kids like some women do to get more benefits. But she wants her boys to have a good example and show them that you work for what you get,don't expect anything else.

wow I almost wish I didnt ask, Im realy sorry about her situation,  man my sons mom knew everything there was to know about getting child support and raising it every chance she could lmao,,,I was not a dead beat dad, but when  your ins runs out and you have no income it is realy hard to make child support payments,  Im realy lucky I finaly got my ssdi, I was actualy ordered to apply for it from f.o.c so I did, I was still very hopeful at the time I could get healed and back to work, I was at the peak of my carreer, the only way I would of stopped working was disability, I went from what I made a week from less than that in a month, It has been realy hard to accept my disabilitys and my sons mother turning him against me!  I was in court in macomb county so often for child support I was thinking of just camping in the parking lot to save money for the gas I had to use to get down there from up here.

Our last 2 kids at home were adopted, they are brother and sister, and have been with my lady since they were 2yrs old and 6 yrs old, the state pays their adopted mother a decent stipend to raise them and make sure they have a good home, it gets taken away when they graduat high school or when they are 19 if they go to college,  my lady had no idea she was going to be paid to adopt them, the kids were her ex's sisters kids and were abused badly(i wont talk about it) and like your niece she works full time and is the only person in this house that has to pay for her health ins, she dont realy make enough money for that, she makes 1k more than what she is allowed to qualify for state ins, and im on medicair, we are not married, if we got married it would realy screw up everything, not that either of us want to get married again. just loving each other and being together is enough, we dont need a peice of paper saying we love each other, I am a 3 time loser and dont care to jinx our relationship with marriage, she has been married one other time and she feels the same as me.

I bet their are alot of people out there like that, because they cant afford to lose any bennys they get now, either way im not ashamed or feel bad for getting what we need to survive, if we were not doing things legaly we/she would not be getting anything from the state accept for the adoption stipen!

sounds like your niece could do a little something to make her and her childrens life a little bit easier! I wish her luck!

Peace

wow I almost wish I didnt ask, Im realy sorry about her situation,  man my sons mom knew everything there was to know about getting child support and raising it every chance she could lmao,,,I was not a dead beat dad, but when  your ins runs out and you have no income it is realy hard to make child support payments,  Im realy lucky I finaly got my ssdi, I was actualy ordered to apply for it from f.o.c so I did, I was still very hopeful at the time I could get healed and back to work, I was at the peak of my carreer, the only way I would of stopped working was disability, I went from what I made a week from less than that in a month, It has been realy hard to accept my disabilitys and my sons mother turning him against me!  I was in court in macomb county so often for child support I was thinking of just camping in the parking lot to save money for the gas I had to use to get down there from up here.

Peace

It can be pretty tough Jim. To have to give up my best earning years because I worked for a predatory employer still keeps me up at night. There was just no one around to kick me in the head for that mistake.

Edited by GregS

The piece of crap that was the sperm donor is a convicted felon,in jail for the time being. He beat her bad,because she stopped him from taking the then BABY to a dope house. This guy is 45,on disability,and gets his Xanie bars and dope from the State. He says he is bi-polar. He is 6'4" and real musclebound. And of course,she had just as much part in the drugs. She finally snapped out of it when  the creep took a swing at the first boy. He was 2 years old. Probably would have killed the kid. She is getting her life back in order,because now she knows how important it is to protect her children. She did NOT put his name on either birth certificate,they have her name. She will never let him get close or even see those boys,and he doesn't care anyways. We all hope he will just disappear in prison. Phaq :blow-a-heart:  I was not putting you down or trying to say anything bad about you. This guy sure as heck is NOTHING like you,he is a scumbag creep. You are a good person.

Jointedone,

Your daughter is allowed to have one car and it does not effect your SSI or food stamps in any way.  I am more than happy to pay for your grandchildrens healthcare through the CHIP program which is mostly funded by tobacco taxes.  And since your daughter only makes $9/hr, she obviously needs help which is not being provided by her family.  This is a similar story I see by the thousands all over the place.  Glad to hear the State is helping her raise her children. :-)

jointed one!  I didnt even think you were talking about me lol!  mal is right she can most def have a car, she can own a home also!

and I had no idea about the cig tax thing, that is awsome, I know alot of people that would benifit from that,

Thanks for the info mal!

gregs, it is one of the hardest things I have ever done, being disabled!

Peace

when i was 30 and earning more than i could spend (cause i was always working--not really but 32 days away from home at a crack, every night sleeping in a diffent truck stop), it sure seemed so.  i carried private disability coverage.  my best friend was an insurance salesman who blew up whenever my wife mentioned i needed to get life ins.  buy more disability!  he would rant.  It's 272 times more likely ( i can't remember the exact number) you'll be unable to earn at some point than that you'll die young, and govmt. disability ins. pays too little for a guy to live on so you need private disability ins. too.   well my earnings fell, child support came on and soon i dropped private disability... fast forward to my 50's and a semi rear-ended me and i couldn't any longer legally drive a truck (fed regs if your back is bad you cannot legally drive commercially).  now i get $1120/month.  now i would surely welcome the $2,000 additional dollars per month i'd have gotten from that private disability ins. policy....the premium was only about $30 per month.  if i'd only kept paying the premium all the way to age 55.  if only...

bad thing was i cashed in my 401k when the stock market (Dow Jones Industrial) was 900.  had to, for divorce.  now with the Dow up by 17 times, i wish i had that savings...

disability is a grind but divorce is a disaster...if i got a do over, i'd keep the private disability ins., never get married, and sit fat in the market.  now i need a fat greasy one.  puff, puff, pass....

Edited by pic book

hey pic Im a 3 time loser, I lost everything 3 times lol, and beause of my extracaricular activitys I have spent a fortune on attnys also!

I wont get married again. but im in a great relationship, maybe it is because we are not married and if things went to hell, all I would have to do is pack my stuff and move on lol, and I dont want anything we purchased together for this house and kids,,,I realy do love my lady and I have told myself from the beginning if this messes up and hits me in the face, I only want her to be better off when I leave than when I found her, I have suceded in that mission, now all we have to do is keep loving each other and be a good team against the world  Bawahahahahahahaha!

I paid an attny for my 1st divorce, than I did it myself on the 2nd and 3rd, the 2nd and 3rd only cost me like 120 bucks to do, and after I did it, I saved all of the paper work in case I ever had to do it again, and well I did the 3rd time!  My 1st wife already got everything and I was on disability on the 2nd and 3rd marriage, and my excuse is I was heavily medicated and didnt know what I was doing bawahahahaha!  that is my story and im stickin to it!

Peace

edit= sorry I was bogarting it,,,,,,p p and p

Edited by phaquetoo

I lost my profit sharing, savings, the nice things I had, maxed out my credit cards and had to default. My job was really demanding, but there was a lot of it I enjoyed. I kick myself in the azz every day for being too stupid to find something else. It is the cause of my injuries.

Workers' comp is another thorny issue. Doctors perform scam exams, telling employers and the State what they want to hear, making money by the bucketload. Otherwise they are not kept around.