Cox-2 Inhibition And Cb2 Activation In The Treatment Of Ms And Als

in vivo

Here are two papers that discuss some of the possible mechanisms involved in relation to cannabinoids and MS/ALS. Overall, they seem to indicate that CB2 activation and COX-2 inhibition might play important roles. Those suffering from MS or ALS might benefit from incorporating beta-caryophyllene into their diet. There are a number of natural sources. It's a cannabinoid that is a full CB2 agonists. Additionally, all of the acidic forms of cannabinoids are COX inhibitors, and botanical extracts (particularly fresh) are often selective COX-2 inhibitors. So is aspirin.  

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/6160305_The_(endo)cannabinoid_system_in_multiple_sclerosis_and_amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis/file/d912f50be1db9ad257.pdf

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2377/6/12

beta-caryophyllene has been studied for years indeed. One thing I do warn people about with the beta-caryophyllene is that it does increase cellular absorption of various drugs.  So, if you are currently on certain other prescription drugs, your body may start absorbing them at higher rates.  usually not a problem, but specifically balanced dosages of certain prescription med's can be a reason to show minor caution when introducing larger amounts of beta-car to your system.

I believe grapefruit contains bergamottin which is a P450 inhibitor and results in a higher bioavailability of a number of drugs. I can't seem to find anything similar for beta-caryophyllene, but a number of pediatric epilepsy patients are taking it with benzos and other drugs it would affect, so I'm definitely interested in learning about it. I searched "cellular absorption", "bioavailability", "P450", and "cytochrome", to no avail.  

I believe grapefruit contains bergamottin which is a P450 inhibitor and results in a higher bioavailability of a number of drugs. I can't seem to find anything similar for beta-caryophyllene, but a number of pediatric epilepsy patients are taking it with benzos and other drugs it would affect, so I'm definitely interested in learning about it. I searched "cellular absorption", "bioavailability", "P450", and "cytochrome", to no avail.  

Is Bergamottin found in bergamot(wild,horse or various other names) mint?