The Longest Effect?

I'm amazed you don't get that same thing from your BHO. You haven't ever been there with a big dose of BHO? 

I do I just have to do more, I did 3 grams of mine and it did the same thing, that is one of the reasons I did a gram of the other stuff, I make bho, i got some from some one that used alcohol and filtered it like a zillion times, this stuff is hard as a rock lol, I have to say it is the best I have ever done, Im not sure if it is a strain dif or the way its made!

Peace

I do I just have to do more, I did 3 grams of mine and it did the same thing, that is one of the reasons I did a gram of the other stuff, I make bho, i got some from some one that used alcohol and filtered it like a zillion times, this stuff is hard as a rock lol, I have to say it is the best I have ever done, Im not sure if it is a strain dif or the way its made!

Peace

Exactly what I found when I cold washed and filtered a lot. It was really hard to find a low enough dose. It's like the 'mellowers' were gone. I find that I like the 'mellowers'. I think it might have been CBD that was gone? But I find that to probably be oversimplifying it ..... There's a lot in there we don't have any way to understand. I like it all it seems. 

Edited by Restorium2

• 10 months later...

It's all decarbed. I basically have two sources for the oil I use;

1. Buds and trim leaves processed in a food dehydrator for 4-8 hours until it's completely dried out.

2. The left overs from when I vape my best buds in a volcano vaporizer set on 5.

I like the 'left over vape buds' oil the best. It's super smooth in a vape and it it works just as good as making oil out of fresh buds. Makes me feel good about getting the most out of what the plant can offer me.

I don't eat much oil because it's a little strong for my usual usages. I have it on hand only for when I can't vape. The patients I encounter would much rather smoke or vape than eat it. They only want to eat the oil when, on the rare occurence, they can't smoke or vape.

This is an excellent example of how everyone is affected differently.

Most people I know would agree with most of what you say here but for me it's the total opposite.

When I smoked it, the effects would hit in seconds. Well before my 4th or 5th hit. And it would be really strong, too intense for my liking.

And after 3 or 4 hours, I would come down hard and need to immediately sleep. Not just tired but totally shot.

Eating a cookie (from canna-butter) it would take 1/2 hour to 45 mins to start hitting. And the high would gradually ramp up, giving my system a chance to enjoy it without the sudden anxiety or paranoid feelings. And then it would last 6 to 8 hours, gradually relaxing me until bedtime.  

I still have to smoke at times, if my leg pain comes on really suddenly and is really bad. Then I need instant relief. But I have found eating a cookie at about 3:00 PM every day makes the pain never start.

I know much of this depends on the strain but just in general, I prefer to eat it. I didn't know I could just eat decarbed bud, that sure would make it easier....

ive been eating lots of decarbed bud. yum yum

Me too. I decarb in the oven - "low'n slow" - in a tinfoil-covered pie plate. I start with .15g in 00 size caps. One cap about every 3-4 hours is good for me. With AVB, I start with .25g/cap. A slightly milder high.

I'm one of the it-takes-forever-to-hit-me types IF I've recently eaten. 3-4 hours isn't uncommon (sure is hard to plan around this!) on a full stomach. On an empty stomach, 30-45m is the norm.

Even though my head is saying "no", I've found that regardless of what I ingest, I need to take another dose at the peak of the (current) high to keep a steady level of meds in the system.

• 5 months later...

i have not felt any effect from eating raw bud, a golf ball size nug every day. (Despite the lack of any high, i eat raw buds anyway, because in a trial (using nursing home patients), the Israeli Ministry of Health found a 35% reduction in the occurrence of strokes in humans from consuming raw bud).  For me, Jilly Bean (from jill at subzero) makes the tastiest salad of any strain.  I love it with Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing.   I recommend the White House serve it at State dinners. 

i have not felt any effect from eating raw bud, a golf ball size nug every day. (Despite the lack of any high, i eat raw buds anyway, because in a trial (using nursing home patients), the Israeli Ministry of Health found a 35% reduction in the occurrence of strokes in humans from consuming raw bud).  For me, Jilly Bean (from jill at subzero) makes the tastiest salad of any strain.  I love it with Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing.   I recommend the White House serve it at State dinners.

Add vitamin D to your daily intake and you'll be invincible !

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17302660

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150817161206.htm

"vitamin D group reported approximately half the falls"

I wish I could stand raw bud, I do like the tastes, and mostly the differences in taste comparatively. Some are so peppery some sour, some spicy...mmmmmm. The best way I found to capture 100% of that is to extract from yesterdays harvest. The red oil is super fine and the effects differ from those of "cured" buds. I consider this a treat for myself, in times when I have to reduce plant count/weight, and timing is just right.