Looking For Types Of Strains To Relieve Anxiety

Harlequin - I have never experienced any better relief for anxiety. 

WARNING:  Do not expect to be stoned off your azz, just relief.

FYI:  I lived in a little town off of I-75 called Dry Ridge (about half way between Lexington and Cincinnati) back in the early/mid 80's.  I loved that state except for today, KY beat MI in the elite 8 last night!  

I hope that you find what you need, good luck.

I was going to suggest having some Cannatonic One 60/40 cbd to thc and or Cannatonic 4 which is 14-16% cbd and .5 thc. You dont get stoned on this one. 

I think Herb Cannabis suggestion is really good and basically along the same lines. Harlequin is typically high cbd and  has been tested to come out like the Cannatonic One 60/40.. Of course there will be differences strain to strain due to variations and other aspects that come into play in the herb.

The Cannatonic 4 is good cause you can do it straight and see how you respond and then you can take some reg mmj such as the plushberry mentioned above and blend them in various ratios, keeping samples and then you could find out if there were any combinations that you liked.  Of course you could just smoke them one after the other two but it probably will not easily match the precision of blending at different levels. So you could extend this approach however you see fit until you ascertain what is best. Good luck with it. Could be fun.

Edited by mrd

thats something that i dont hear many people talk about.

blending two (or more) strains together to get different results.

i'll have to try that soon and see what the effects are.

when i need relief i just reach for whatever is available.

i'll have to prepare a blend ahead of time to avoid the easy route of one strain grinding.

I know that this isn't what you had in mind as far as blending goes, however, last year I crossed a Harlequin with a Lemon Ice (accident) and decided to grow one of them out.  This plant looks exactly like all the other Harlequins I have grown.  Tonight, I decided to cross the "Harli-lemon" with Cannatonic.  I have high hopes (pun intended) that this will be very high in CBD content.  I will have it tested when it is ready and post the results here.  Look for it in late fall or early winter under a new thread.

I wonder how "HarliLemonCan" would do for a name for the new plant?

I have found that when I have edibles in my system that sativa strains don't get me paranoid.  I suggest medibles of the indica variety.  Glad to hear about Plushberry as I have 2 of them going at the moment and have the same problems with anxiety.  I'm taking TGA's recommendations and have Quantum Kush, Qush, Space Dawg and Plushberry going at the moment.  Haven't tried any of them yet as the first space dawg is coming down within the week.  The other strains I grow that are good for anxiety aren't out there to be had, sorry.

maybe? I used to subscribe to this also, but not so sure now. I learned to control anxiety with the help of a kinesiology and a few changes. after that I've never experienced anxiety or heart throbbs again, regardless of trains, from exotic African sativas and Thailand rarities to the skunkiest   afghani's from around the world.

I enjoy the uppy effects tremendously and only used to avoid them for fear of the heart throbbing anxiety attacks. Turns out the mj was simply aggravating a major nerve cluster condition running from my back to the top of my heart, a very common ailment. I wore heart monitors for weeks and the heart surgeon was scheduling a laser burn off of the "area of disease" as he called it. After this cluster was "repaired" and relieved naturally, Without another MD visit, the issue disappeared instantly never to return, no matter what I try !. In one day I went from anxiety boy to none ever, and it was life changing for me.

I now drink coffee again after abstaining from the vice, tea is a pleasure, and I loves me sativas too.

To think I almost took advice from someone still using a hammer on my bones and willing to burn off bits of my heart and nerves because they are agitated scares the hell out of me. I'll die before I trust another with any major disease. Their boss is not a friend of mine.

Would it be safe to say , that Indica is better than sativa for anxiety, panic attacks?

Edited by grassmatch

How was your nerve cluster condition repaired, if you don't mind my asking? Chiropractic, massage therapy? My son's lady suffers from anxiety also, and I am looking for ways to help her out. She doesn't smoke much at all, due to her anxiety flare ups.

the kinesiologist dialed his attention to the area of damage for some time, It was relieved in one visit, years and years of bad issues, but it was cured over a year. I had a couple specific new stretches to add to the daily routine, and he accupressured and adjusted me like crazy. including skull, jaw, fingers, toes, sinus cavity, inner ear bones....kinesiology seems genius to me. I visit him quarterly for a tune up.

diet, hormones, ptsd, choices, ......could be many underlying issues causing stress, best to rule out the habits she knows are bad first. fix the nutritional demands, and let go.

How was your nerve cluster condition repaired, if you don't mind my asking? Chiropractic, massage therapy? My son's lady suffers from anxiety also, and I am looking for ways to help her out. She doesn't smoke much at all, due to her anxiety flare ups.

• 5 months later...

actually thc is known to cause anxiety and panic attacks. i knew ppl that got high and went to the ER because they thought they were having a heart attack. they were only severe panic attacks because it was probably really good weed and they havent been high in a long time. if it's serious enough like effecting you from doing everyday tasks, you should probably see a dr. weed itself is probably not going to make it magically go away. you could try a high CBD strain. cannatonic is a known one.

i actually suffer from it myself. although since being medicated i don't get severe panic attacks unless i go off the meds. still a lot of anxiety and occasional not as severe panic attacks. i have years worth of medical records since i was a kid. people sometimes ask are you sure it's not just from the meds and going off? it isn't though because i suffered when i was a young child before using any drugs. after being medicated i was much better. personally i found no strains were actually good for my anxiety. some just made it worse than others. the thing is this was just my case. everyone's body is different and many people claim relief after smoking. usually if you go to a dr and tell them you have anxiety and smoke they are going to tell you to quit smoking for a while(30-40 days) and see what happens. i was always honest with my dr about smoking even before it was medically legal. anything you say is legally confidential unless say you make some kind of threat to someone. some drs are cool with it and some are not. i was surprised that my doctors i had encouraged me not to do it but did not hold it against me. this was even before medical. couple friends i even used to smoke with when i was in high school are actually drs now LOL. they still smoke on occasion.

Edited by chernobyl

How to get high levels of CBD in your buds?

Like THC, CBD content in buds is primarily determined by strain (genetics)

CBD is often confused with CBN, which can be affected by harvest methods

There is not much you can do to increase levels of CBD besides choosing a high CBD strain

CBD is often naturally found in higher amounts in low-THC varieties such as Hemp and Ruderalis (auto-flowering)

In recent years, some high-THC strains have been particularly bred for higher levels of CBD

A list of a few high-CBD strains

A strain is usually considered "high-CBD" if it has more than 2% CBD. Many strains have higher levels of CBD, up to 15% CBD or more. As far as growing your own supply of medicine, generally you'll get the most consistent high-CBD results with clones, though high-CBD strains from seed have come a long way over the last few years as the strains are stabilized.

Harlequin (clone-only)

Cannatonic ↗

CBD Shark Shock ↗

Charlotte's Web (clone-only)

ComPassion ↗

MED GOM 1.0 ↗ (by Grass-O-Matic & CBD Crew) <-- Currently one of the highest CBD Auto-flowering strains

Pennywise ↗

Sour Tsunami (clone-only)

Learn more about CBD on ProjectCBD.org

Now we're going to jump into the practical and show you exactly what you need to know so you can control the levels of each of these 3 cannabinoids in the marijuana buds you grow.

3 Steps to Controlling THC, CBD, and CBN levels in your marijuana buds

1.) Pick Your Strain (genetics play a big factor for THC and CBD)

If you've grown a few different strains before, you probably already realize that the genes of your plants plants play a big role in the results of your marijuana grow.

When it comes to influencing your levels of THC and CBD, the strain you start with is basically the most important factor.

Genetics largely determine the amounts of THC and CBD produced in your buds.

Remember: Unlike THC and CBD discussed in this step, the most practical way to control CBN levels is using the correct harvest, drying, and curing methods. We'll discuss these in a moment.

Because genes determine many of the cannabinoids levels, for best results you must find a strain which has the effects you are seeking.

Looking for marijuana strains with high THC levels?

THC levels are commonly bragged about. THC is the most psychoactive component of marijuana buds.

Many of the more famous, "ultra-potent" strains are high-THC (low CBD) strains, as well as most pure Sativas.

Looking for marijuana strains with high CBD levels?

Strains with "Afghan" or "Afghani" lineage tend to have higher levels of CBD, as do most non-psychoactive varieties like Ruderalis (auto-flowering) and hemp.

Afghan strains are potent and easy to grow, generally have high CBD content and produce great yields. Therefore strains with Afghan lineage are usually a great choice for beginning growers looking for a marijuana strain with higher levels of CBD.

Ruderalis (auto-flowering) plants are high-CBD yet stay very tiny, so are only recommended for stealth grows or those looking for small amounts of medicine.

2.) Harvest At the Right Time (plays a factor for THC and CBN)

While you cannot control CBD levels with harvest methods, you can influence the the amount of THC and CBN in your buds by choosing the right time to harvest your plant.

CBD levels seem to remain relatively stable for most of the harvesting period.

Watch Trichomes

For the marijuana scientist, watching the trichomes gives you a bit more insight into what's going on with your plant's cannabinoinds.

Plus it's really fun to look at trichomes through a jeweler's loupe or microscope.

Early on, when there are still many clear trichomes, buds tends to produce a heady, wired kind of high. THC levels are lower at this point, though they're ramping up each day.

For highest THC levels, harvest when nearly all the clear trichomes have turned milky white. This will produce buds with the most mind-altering effects.

For a more relaxing effect, wait to harvest until many of the milky white trichomes have darkened to amber/gold. These amber trichomes have a bit less THC, but more CBN. The presence of CBN often reduces the anxiety some people feel from high THC levels.

Click for "When to harvest marijuana by looking at trichomes" infographic

When to Harvest Marijuana By Looking at Trichomes

There is a lot of variation between strains and people's preferences, so it is highly recommended you experiment with your plants to see what works best for you.

Important Tip: Exact harvest time isn't as critical as we once thought.

Don't stress too much, often buds have similar levels of cannabinoids even when harvested weeks apart.

How do I experiment with harvest time if I only grow 1 or 2 plants?

It is totally okay to harvest different parts of your plants at different times.

Just make sure there is enough green foliage left to support the plant.

Some growers say that harvesting different parts of the plant at different times is stressful for the plant, and that is true.

It's also been shown that stress near harvest time actually causes an increase in resin/cannabinoid production, which most growers find beneficial.

While you're in the harvest window, your plant puts all her effort into making the most awesome buds possible.

As long as you have a healthy plant, I highly recommend harvesting different parts of the plant at different times to (labeling them so you remember which one you harvested when!) and find out what works best for you.

Learn more about when to harvest marijuana here (more pictures)

3.) Dry and Cure Buds Properly

Most growers agree that drying buds slowly and then curing buds in an air-tight space improves the taste and smell of buds.

Many growers also agree that curing your marijuana buds for 2-4 weeks or longer actually seems to increase the subjective potency of buds.

Curing buds for a longer period causes some of the THC to turn into CBN, which happens as the THC is exposed to air.

Some people also speculate that having a bit of CBN helps "activate" THC effects.

Whether it's because of this process or or something else, curing marijuana buds has an effect on potency, in addition to improving the taste and smell.

Curing for too long (over 6 months) does not continue to cause any increase in potency. Buds actually start getting less potent as much of the THC degrades.

You can safely store buds longer when marijuana is kept in a dark, cool, dry airtight environment.

Remember: marijuana buds should always be dry prior to any kind of long-term storage, and you may have dry them again if you store them somewhere that has high humidity.

Learn more about curing marijuana here

About Nebula Haze and Her Love of Cannabinoids

I personally use cannabis for the treatment of anxiety, and to prevent seizures. I like to have slightly higher CBD and CBN levels in my buds. Because of this, I tend to choose higher-CBD strains, harvest later and cure buds longer.

On the other hand, I know many growers who prefer cannabis with high THC and low CBD and CBN levels because the result can be more 'up' or 'trippy.' These growers choose low CBD strains and tend to harvest their buds several weeks earlier than I would.

We both love the buds we grow.

To see what suits you best, I strongly recommend personal experimentation with strains, harvest times, and curing length.

This is one of the best aspects of growing your own weed, you can choose to produce buds that do exactly what you want.

Now everyone's individual experience is going to be different, there's no one-size-fits-all.\

http://www.growweedeasy.com/thc-cbd-cbn-when-to-harvest-marijuana

maybe? I used to subscribe to this also, but not so sure now. I learned to control anxiety with the help of a kinesiology and a few changes. after that I've never experienced anxiety or heart throbbs again, regardless of trains, from exotic African sativas and Thailand rarities to the skunkiest   afghani's from around the world.

I enjoy the uppy effects tremendously and only used to avoid them for fear of the heart throbbing anxiety attacks. Turns out the mj was simply aggravating a major nerve cluster condition running from my back to the top of my heart, a very common ailment. I wore heart monitors for weeks and the heart surgeon was scheduling a laser burn off of the "area of disease" as he called it. After this cluster was "repaired" and relieved naturally, Without another MD visit, the issue disappeared instantly never to return, no matter what I try !. In one day I went from anxiety boy to none ever, and it was life changing for me.

I now drink coffee again after abstaining from the vice, tea is a pleasure, and I loves me sativas too.

To think I almost took advice from someone still using a hammer on my bones and willing to burn off bits of my heart and nerves because they are agitated scares the hell out of me. I'll die before I trust another with any major disease. Their boss is not a friend of mine.

I totally understand and agree with you 100% !!! I have a new Doctor now whom is open to understand about MJ uses and a new MJ doctor as well. So much has changed since I joined this site like 2 years ago. I am being treated with meds for my daily panic attacks and anxiety and since I started my meds, the panic attacks have stopped completely but I still have daily anxiety and it seems to happen the same time everyday which to me, indicates it is the time frame of taking my meds. I take at 8 am everyday and usually by 2 or 2:30 PM DAILY, I am back to feeling Anxiety and this happens everyday. 

Anyhow, I have tried a few different strains and can't really figure out what is helping and what is making it worse. (These were purchased from a local dispensary). So one type made me actually on the verge of a Panic Attack and another type made me fall a sleep like a baby. I would like something in between. Asking the Dispensary about the two, he had no clue about either strain other than their name :( Furthermore, he could not even tell me when or if he might get the one I liked, (sleeping like a baby) back in stock. 

So frustrated now!

Thank you all for your input and I guess I am back to the drawing board for now!

while searching for your cure keep in mind that your anxiety attacks are most likely not caused by a drug deficiency. Whatever it is causing your anxiety may be adversely affecting you while you are unaware, during your relief period. Anxiety is a problematic symptom,  and big pharma would have us believe that silencing the symptoms will somehow end the cause.