Explain This Please?

halakon

From all the research i have done, i cant find any real solid information about how Dispensary's in MI get product, 
from what i know they passed a bill about a year or so ago i think allowing dispensary's yet.. 
Caregiver is allowed to have 12 plants, and 12 per patient they take care of so 72 plants,
also caregivers are not allowed to give medicine outside of they're patient count
So my question is, How do dispensary's get the product if noone is technically allowed to grow to supply to them commercially 
is there some legal loophole im missing, can someone break this down for me?

i know alot of people are anti dispensary and this might be the wrong forum section, but im curious about the process 

Edited by halakon

some dispensaries are run by cgs/patients and they grow their own. or maybe they are registered as patients from other cgs and the other cgs do transfers...

dispensaries are not delivery only, there are storefronts and delivery services around.

most seem to be relying on sec8 for defense against criminal activity. i hope that explains things.

They are not legal. Kinda like hookers. They are everywhere and openly advertise on Craigslist. They exist not because they are legal but because they are difficult to bust.

halakon, in detroit disps get ca premo weed at $1700 per pound mailed ups blue label packed in bubble wrap, duct tape and about 6 cardboard boxes-within-boxes, not delivered to the disp address.  locally, disps buy hash, oil, wax (dabs) and edibles from anyone who walks in with acceptable product for either shelf 1, 2 or 3.  (3 is the 'cheap' shelf).  sometimes they require a cg card, other times a pat card or no card, just depends on the operator, and the day's level of inventory.  disp operators generally have retained well-known names in mmj defense and mostly follow the advice they pay for (how to run a disp and not get state-convicted).  biggest expense is product, second is labor, third is rent, last is bondsman and defense counsel. i got out of the biz after i saw the feds reaching back 6 years to long since closed-disps, jailing the owners and taking everything the owners had from any source.  (they'd moved on to a different life with the money). like eastwood says---do you feel lucky?  i didn't feel lucky enuf to risk 40 years.  the state is a farce, but the feds are a bite that can take your neck off long after you have a non-weed life.

• 8 months later...

I have visited dispensaries. I am cg. The medicine received is threw a paperwork intake process. Testing being the first step. They donate bunny muffin amount and receive large donation. I look at them as like going to 100 dollar haircut and still just getting the 20 dollar job... their intake professionalism is subpar and equal to dealing with street dealers with even more power to play $ game. But they r legal and they get their product from any and all sources.

oh boy...ask natesilver, he has the easy answers you seek.

on another note, I've seen crack heads selling in front of a crack house while the police just shined their light at them and drove on. Business as usual, the tweekers didn't even pause as they drove by. I wondered if maybe crack houses were legal now because of that scene. But I know better now.

is the pot stand sending in your doctor notes, lara application? making sure your card is a legal one, or that your doctor is a real one with up to date credentials, like the state does? I am glad police in your and my area ignore the activity.

But keep in mind they were ignoring it on a Monday, and directing traffic for other cops on Tuesday while they raided, arrested, and robbed the place, because they were selling to people who were not directly connected to the caregiver by the state registry program I read. hope that helps.

you are protected though, and supposedly can buy mj anywhere, enjoy it safely.

• 2 weeks later...

"From all the research i have done, i cant find any real solid information about how Dispensary's in MI get product,From all the research i have done, i cant find any real solid information about how Dispensary's in MI get product,"

If you didn't find any real solid information, would it be safe to say that doing your research, you didn't ask any dispensary where they get their product?

Its still like the "wild west" with this matter......Call me crazy but would it not make sense to form a type of regalatorey "board", like the liquor control commission. In a sence anyways I think. Less the members just being oppointed by the governor....????

The Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC) was created upon the repeal of Prohibition by the legislature acting in special session in December of 1933. The act creating it empowered the Commission to control all alcoholic beverage traffic within this state. The Commission consists of five members appointed by the Governor. The mission of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission is to make alcoholic beverages available for consumption while protecting the consumer and the general public through regulation of those involved in the sale and distribution of these alcohol beverage products.

From all the research i have done, i cant find any real solid information about how Dispensary's in MI get product, 

from what i know they passed a bill about a year or so ago i think allowing dispensary's yet.. 

Caregiver is allowed to have 12 plants, and 12 per patient they take care of so 72 plants,

also caregivers are not allowed to give medicine outside of they're patient count

So my question is, How do dispensary's get the product if noone is technically allowed to grow to supply to them commercially 

is there some legal loophole im missing, can someone break this down for me?

i know alot of people are anti dispensary and this might be the wrong forum section, but im curious about the process 

From running disp for 2 years i can tell you that disps buy local because peeps are walking in all day offering bud, wax, shatter, hash, brownies and clones. 70% walks in the door pushed by a local.   another 20% comes ups blue label from callie. some 10% in the door via phone calls from brokers in callie and the rest from reps from callie who walk in the door, with product shipped in, sometimes driven in.  info current as of august 2012.