Sensibloom Vs Wormcastings Vs Jobes Vs An Tea

trichcycler

For what it's worth I've experimented for a few years with indoor dirt gardening. Starting each pot with a 50/50ish mix of Promix and Happy Frog. I raised near 100k worms for many years and recycled my dirt in a vegetarian cycle using garden trim/root balls only to feed the worms. this was great fun, very successful, and a pain in the daily back.

In another section of the garden there was no pain ever jabbing a few spikes into the pots occasionally. Another very successful technique, cheap, fast, easy, low exposure, no stink, no lifting.

From my hydro years remains 20 or so gallons of various hydroponic nutrients tried and shelved. I started with -Sensi Bloom in dirt- water, water, water- and resulted in another stellar harvest of Cherry Og. Thicker leaves, darker green too. NO difference in effects, tastes or weight.

I used AN Mother Earth Tea in another area-Tea, water, water, water, cheap, easy, and great results with little to no difference compared to the other techniques. highly recommended. I now fill bottles with the solution and use pot watering bulbs/or similar to fertilize slowly with good results.

For personal bio reasons I prefer the product resulting from naturally fed worms, but not enough to make the effort any longer. I'll use up the remaining bottled nutrients and supply those patients that don't insist on organic, along with myself. I have not yet decided to stick with AN or Jobes, but one or the other is the win for me and mine. I hope this saves someone some money and time.

peace

I am a regular reader of your posts and am amazed about the detail you often go into.    I have seen your posts regarding jobes and am fascinated about what a simple solution they can be.   I am sure you have posted some details in other posts, but could you repeat them here, i.e.  # per pot/pot size and any other pertinent info? 

Thanks

I am a regular reader of your posts and am amazed about the detail you often go into.    I have seen your posts regarding jobes and am fascinated about what a simple solution they can be.   I am sure you have posted some details in other posts, but could you repeat them here, i.e.  # per pot/pot size and any other pertinent info? 

Thanks

I'm stuck with 2 gallon square plant pots, maybe 8x8(?). I feed in the last two weeks of veg, 5-7 small all purpose Jobes organic spikes. I feel better about them when I can see them degrading, so I don't push them into the dirt, but instead leave them on the top of he dirt to dissolve. Around mid flower, or 30 days into the cycle I toss another 7 or so into the pots. Pain water and no fuss after that. In veg I water ever other day and in flower the thirsty ones get about 4 cups per day, a careless hose drowning normally. I only remove leaves that are not picture perfect while doing there job, and am not shy about topping an unruly girl in flower. I generally top once in veg too. I use 2 1000k HPS on light movers and 2 600 watt stationary MH in flower, and one 4x8 T5 fixture over my veg tray, and 2 25(watt) cfl's(+ambient light) next to my clones in their dome. I use Rapid Rooters, but would prefer rockwool if they were recyclable. No more worm farms here so all the rootballs and garden trim get tossed into the woods. Spent dirt, no longer recycled here, is shared with my outdoor raised beds after the chickens have their way in it.

I've tried to "nute burn" with those spikes to no avail. I once dissolved a whole bag of them(50) and watered a plant using the solution with no adverse effects. Their tree spikes on the other hand are not organic and will burn all but the bravest plants, not recommended by me. I've seen an organic burn in the past, just not with Jobes organics or AN ME.

As a comparison, I use 6 spikes in the bottom of a 5 gal. bucket and use 3 tablespoons(1ea.) of whitney farms, Epsoma and jobes granular fertilizer. 2 tablespoons in the bottom and one over the top before I put perlite over the top as a mulch.  I only use 3 - 600w HPS in flower and this takes up 3 sections(4x4) of my 8x8 tent.  I could throw another plant or 2 in there to bring the number up to 13-14 plants in flower.

Since I am running 15 seeds along with 10 different strains I have a 400 hps in veg and 2 100w t5 fixtures. I recycle my soil and use it for the bottom layer in case it's too hot.  I have had curled leaves from too many nutes going into flower on my L75W but that could've been from nutes not cooked since teh mix was dry when I recycled my soil the first time. I've tried the spikes by placing a dowel and pouring powdered nutes into it but none of them have gone into flower yet.  They are a deep, deep green though. My first Plushberry didn't have but 2 spikes, no liquid fertilizer and the 3 tablespoons of granular and I'm estimating over 4 oz.'s. This is the first plant using TLO and no liquid ferts.

Edited by Norby

no. Menards has the lowest cost Jobe spikes I have seen, but only the 50's. 5-6 bucks for a sack is pretty cheap considering one bud from one stem from one plant will pay for the whole bag, which will grow a half dozen plants to finish. I did try the granular but I did not find it as friendly or cheap as the spikes.

pura vida solution works as well as the AN mother earth tea. I use them in auto feed bulb thingies and liking them much. I'm close to figuring out a perfect vacation time without fail. my room calls my cell for a power outage/over heat/fire/intrusion but not for watering needs lol. Now I can get a few days from these watering bulbs. Some plants have one with water and one with nutrient solution, and that is looking promising, at least to use up the gallons of nutrients I have remaining.

As a comparison, I use 6 spikes in the bottom of a 5 gal. bucket and use 3 tablespoons(1ea.) of whitney farms, Epsoma and jobes granular fertilizer. 2 tablespoons in the bottom and one over the top before I put perlite over the top as a mulch.  I only use 3 - 600w HPS in flower and this takes up 3 sections(4x4) of my 8x8 tent.  I could throw another plant or 2 in there to bring the number up to 13-14 plants in flower.

Since I am running 15 seeds along with 10 different strains I have a 400 hps in veg and 2 100w t5 fixtures. I recycle my soil and use it for the bottom layer in case it's too hot.  I have had curled leaves from too many nutes going into flower on my L75W but that could've been from nutes not cooked since teh mix was dry when I recycled my soil the first time. I've tried the spikes by placing a dowel and pouring powdered nutes into it but none of them have gone into flower yet.  They are a deep, deep green though. My first Plushberry didn't have but 2 spikes, no liquid fertilizer and the 3 tablespoons of granular and I'm estimating over 4 oz.'s. This is the first plant using TLO and no liquid ferts.

Wow, just 3.5 oz's.  Fluffy as heck and the tastiest I've produced in years.  Not going back to liquid ferts(organic or synthetic) ever again.  Can't wait till the other strains doing TLO style finish.  Plushberry was the first one after switching from general organics to TLO. The difference is amazing, actually tastes like it smells and smooth as silk.