Ulcerative Colitis

Evad905

Heck yes. I avoided it for many years with rxs and diet,surgery is the last option,and yes,you do end up needing more. They say UC is "cured" when the diseased guts are taken out,but that isn't true. You know your own body and what it can and can't take.So I say,ICE CREAM for everybody! And I am going to eat Peachy stuff all weekend! PeachFest in Romeo time! The deep fried Peach Cheesecake is so good it makes you do the happy dance. Wash that down with a Peach Cannoli!     :thumbsu:

I have IBS, I think.  I have read that it CAN cause inflamation.  Since I have taken the canna caps I have no more cramps and bloating and back pains stomach pains, etc. so I think I may have IBS with inflamation or it's actually chrohn's or UC.  I still have problems eating but I'm narrowing that down to other problems as it's not because my stomach hurts, I just don't feel like eating.  Thinking it's more from depression.  But when i do eat i don't have a problem with pizza or ice cream or coffee or any of the things that used to hurt my stomach.

So I highly recommend taking capsules daily or nightly to get the medicine strait to the problem and see if that helps.

• 4 years later...

Ulcerative colitis (UL-sur-uh-tiv koe-LIE-tis) is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes long-lasting inflammation and ulcers (sores) in your digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis affects the innermost lining of your large intestine (colon) and rectum. Symptoms usually develop over time, rather than suddenly.