Veterans Equal Access Act Bill For Va Drs To Certify Mmj Patients

t-pain

http://www.theweedblog.com/bill-overturn-ban-va-physicians-medical-marijuana/

The VEAA would simply allow Veterans Affairs (VA) physicians to discuss and recommend medical marijuana to their patients, a right enjoyed by physicians outside of the VA system.

The VEAA is cosponsored by a balanced mix of ten members on each side of the aisle, as well as a range of members from states that have, and still have not, legalized marijuana for medical use: Dina Titus (D-NV), Justin Amash (R-MI), Paul Broun (R-GA), Walter Jones (R-NC), Thomas Massie (R-KY), Sam Farr (D-CA), Jared Polis (D-CO), Beto O’Rourke (D-TX), Steve Stockman (R-TX) and Steve Cohen (D-TN).

nows a good time to write the other reps in michigan to support this federal bill.

(is it sad that i dont know who the fed reps are?)

heres the list, start contacting!!!!

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/MI

Senior Senator Carl Levin
Junior Senator Debbie Stabenow

Dan Benishek
Took Office: Jan 5, 2011
Party: Republican
Keweenaw County, Alger County, Ontonagon ...
View District Map

2nd District
Bill Huizenga
Ottawa County, Muskegon County, Oceana ...
View District Map

3rd District
Justin Amash
Calhoun County, Ionia County, Barry ...
View District Map

4th District
Dave Camp
Took Office: Jan 5, 1993
Roscommon County, Wexford County, Ogemaw ...
View District Map

5th District
Daniel Kildee
Took Office: Jan 3, 2013
Party: Democrat
Iosco County, Arenac County, Genesee ...
View District Map

6th District
Fred Upton
Took Office: Jan 5, 1993
Berrien County, Van Buren County, ...
View District Map

7th District
Tim Walberg
Lenawee County, Jackson County, Monroe ...
View District Map

8th District
Mike Rogers
Took Office: Jan 3, 2001
Livingston County, Ingham County
View District Map

9th District
Sander Levin
Warren, St. Clair Shores, Royal ...
View District Map

10th District
Candice Miller
Took Office: Jan 7, 2003
Huron County, Sanilac County, St. ...
View District Map

11th District
Kerry Bentivolio
Livonia, Troy, Novi, Auburn Hills, ...
View District Map

12th District
John Dingell
Ann Arbor, Dearborn, Taylor
View District Map

13th District
John Conyers Jr.
Romulus, Westland, Inkster, Wayne, Garden ...
View District Map

14th District
Gary Peters

Edited by t-pain

• 3 months later...

well folks,this is a older post,just as a update i lost my cool VA dr.I was told i needed a drug test before i could get my vicodine refilled so i quit taking them...its been 7 days.....i couldn't have gotten through it with out my MMJ...but now i'm not jumping through their hoops anymore..f  them...bp

Edited by budpuffer

Ignore is relative, my VA doc is not mmj friendly at all, i tried to enlighten her.. to no avail.. but I managed to get my vics twice.. however since the law has been changed at the fed level (reclassified?) .. no more pain meds due to mmj card.. just like our law, what was said, and what is,, are two very different things..just more manipulation to punish us for our choices..

Edited by Willy

i'm just sick of being thought of as some sort of drug dealer because i use vicodine..the best thing i could think of doing, is to get off them.i don't like the control they wanted to have over me..if you don't do just as we say we're going to take away your meds...well f you...lol...and there is the chance that my new Dr.would be cool with MMJ but i thought threre was just as good a chance that the Dr. would say no MMJ while we detoxic you either..and that would have been hard....i still count the days i've been clean and i still have a ways to go before i can say its behind me but hey 8 days is 8 days and i'm getting there...bp

"i don't like the control they wanted to have over me..if you don't do just as we say we're going to take away your meds..."

That's the reason I quit my pain meds. Unlike a pain management doctor that treats patients with respect and dignity, the VA is a nightmarish government bureaucracy and uses pain medication dependancy to intimidate veterans.

hey oldskool,the VA is cool with MMJ use in those states where its legal but it depends completely on the Dr.as to wheather you can use MMJ and recieve Vicodine...at first i had a Doctor who was okey with my use of MMJ.but i think he was an exception,as i've heard that most Drs.are saying no to MMJ use while getting opiates. i know what pain is and i know what the use of vicodine was.....i'll take the pain....hope it helps...2 weeks 3 days free...and i'm feeling good...bp

that sucks bp. wasnt there a memo in the va to allow drs to ignore mmj in mmj states?

are you sure they dont just want to check if you were taking your vics? FIGHT THE VA from within!!! well i dunno man. good luck.

Fighting the VA is not a good thing and you would never Win 

I was down there a few days ago and things have gotten worser not better i had never waited so long to see my Doctor in the last 20 + years something more is going on their 

I am going to even stop going and will try to get my old Doctor back it has nothing  to do about cannabis at all its the other things maybe it's the Roads someone wants to fix it's the  ( Governor )  i think

there was a shakeup in the va, remember they were shuffling around veterans and messing with them. no one was fired (only the head guy resigned), so all those terrible people are still working at the va.

how will the va fix that ?

simple answer, it wont!

The VA was handed 16 billion in November and have managed to make things worse. My VA PCP retired at the beginning of September with no replacement, and it will be April (7 months) before I can see the new doctor,  how is this better? We have a pathological liar, right up there with Hillary and Brian Williams, at the helm (Robert "I was in special forces" McDonald) of the VA, and he must be lying to himself and believing it because I do not see anything getting fixed. Veterans Choice Card? What a darn joke! It does not work for the veteran it works for the VA Administration! What needs to happen is to have the VA administration use the same "health care" as they deliver to veterans, instead of them having the best health care tax payers can buy, and then we would see some changes. Who else would wait months (4) to see a dermatologist for skin cancer? Who else would wait months (9 and counting) for follow up on a brain tumor? How about being told (with a condescending look and tone) "The doctor is too busy to see you for the next two months, you have to drive to urgent care" , which is a hundred miles away! Are we in Bizarro World?

• 1 month later...

The VA was handed 16 billion in November and have managed to make things worse. My VA PCP retired at the beginning of September with no replacement, and it will be April (7 months) before I can see the new doctor,  how is this better? We have a pathological liar, right up there with Hillary and Brian Williams, at the helm (Robert "I was in special forces" McDonald) of the VA, and he must be lying to himself and believing it because I do not see anything getting fixed. Veterans Choice Card? What a darn joke! It does not work for the veteran it works for the VA Administration! What needs to happen is to have the VA administration use the same "health care" as they deliver to veterans, instead of them having the best health care tax payers can buy, and then we would see some changes. Who else would wait months (4) to see a dermatologist for skin cancer? Who else would wait months (9 and counting) for follow up on a brain tumor? How about being told (with a condescending look and tone) "The doctor is too busy to see you for the next two months, you have to drive to urgent care" , which is a hundred miles away! Are we in Bizarro World?

i do agree the VA has gotten worse it now take me 9 months to see my VA Doctor before all that happen i would only wait 2

• 5 months later...