Mthfr Gene And Cbd And Folate

Norby

I found that I'm het for the MTHFR mutation, which means I don't convert folic acid into methylfolate well(about 65%).  Buildup of folic acid can stimulate preexisting cancer cells and also leads to/causes neurotransmitter imbalance because of lack of folate(what most people can convert folic acid to for use in the body).  I still have a lot of research to do but does anyone know about CBD and THC's effects on the neurotransmitters involved with needing folate to function well?  Is it just CB1 and 2 that it affects or does it somehow help with all neurotransmitter function throughout?  I've seemed to get much better headwise since I've started CBD and MTHFR is associated with LOTS of psych problems and gut problems because of neurotransmitter response.  I'm going to talk to my doc about taking folate but would like to know if CBD is fulfilling the function itself which may go into whether I take a lower or higher dose.

I also found that I have the worrier SNP which protects me from MJ induced adult onset schizophreniform whatever the technical term is and have a very low liklihood of getting "addicted" to MJ. :)  The papers were a bit suspect but good to know they don't think I have habitual genetics.

I think that getting my raw genetic data and getting it analyzed has led to more discoveries about how and why I'm healing and a much better confirmed understanding of myself.  A lot of it was suspected but it is good to have confirmation. 

I have markers for anxiety, depression, OCD, ADHD, Autism, bi polar, depression, schizophrenia, etc.  I'm sure a lot of people do and I have good markers in those areas also. 

Oh and I AM genetically less empathetic because of a mutation at a certain gene, So if I can't see things thru your eyes, it's in my genes. :)

Hi. I cant answer your specific ?. But if you dont mind I was wondering how your doc came to that diagnosis? I have alot of the same issues. The Gastrointestinal stuff alone can/is dibilitating. Along with the mental issues can make you think your crazy! they just say i have an autoimune system problem that could be the start of something, but after 15yrs...Fibromialga also. yeah knowing is half the battle it seems. But when you have so many diff problems at diff times its hard to keep up on everthing to stay healthy. Yeah how did you get your raw genetic data reveiwed and exsplaind to you??

I went to the 23andme.com website, ordered the kit for $100(shipped and prepaid return), spit in it when it arrived and sealed it and sent it back.  10-14 days later I got the raw genetic data and went to promethease.com and uploaded my data and paid the $5 and had an app with my results loaded and ready to browse thru 15 minutes later.  It's up on the site for 45 days and you can download the information in a zip file for forever use.

Don't freak out when you see 2-6x the risk for certain cancers and diseases as they are probability compared to others.  It's only a tool to better live your life not a death sentence as it CAN look bad without diggin in and interpretting.  I have a lot of bad markers but I also have tons more good markers.  I have a "high" risk of testicular cancer but the avg. risk is low and it's mostly attributed to testosterone levels, so no matter the increased risk, if your testosterone levels are fine the risk is still monumentally low.  I didn't realize this until I found out about how other people had proactive surgeries from misunderstanding what it means.

For me it's confirmed a lot I already knew and given reasons(a gene makes me more active towards nite than day, I'm less empathetic than most, I'm deficient in B vits., I may be on the Autism spectrum, I tend to be OCD, ADHD symptoms if I'm not getting good nutrition, I have to watch for type 2 diabetes, etc.

First thing you should do with stomach problems is the spit test for Candida overgrowth or Antibiotic syndrome as most drs. either don't know, don't believe or don't care about it.  It caused mental fogginess, stomach problems and because of my harder time in flushing toxins from the body, fatigue, achiness, etc.  Spit in a clean glass of water and if stringers form(like stalagtites) down into the water column or the water becomes cloudy or the spit breaks up throughout the water column it's a sign of candida overgrowth.  Coconut oil is a cure along with a bunch of other home remedies out there. 

Also I don't get drs. to explain stuff to me.  I generally learn about it myself and consult with them.  They do all my tests and give recommendations but i don't trust, well anyone really, so I try to learn more about me than them and get clarification.  With the internet it makes it so much easier.  Had I gone to drs since I was 12 with these problems I'd probably have had operations by now and be on enough meds to insure my demise.  My dr now is great.  he doesn't want to prescribe me anything and doesn't want to label anything, just wants to know about problems(symptoms) and how to get rid of them.  He's always happy to hear what I've found about med MJ and glad that I'm on that rather than x,y,and z, considering the problems I have/had. And he loves that I learn and take a proactive approach.  I'm the first of his patients to get their whole genome sequenced and come in and talk to him about it.  I'm surprised more people haven't.  The test is good for this whole life and they just keep finding out more and more what each SNP means.  The new surveys at 23andme are progressing studies at light speed with a copy of each persons genome and people answering health questions.  I think efforts like this will explain a LOT in the next few years.

Edited by Norby

Thank you! Im rite there with ya on the trust thing. I also consult with my doc rather then go by what they say. Otherwise like you said, I would have had multiple surgeries and what not. My doc also over the years has come around. Says im usually rite and just tells me to keep doing what im doing. The nutrition thing is a constant battel. I dont know I seem to be on the "opposite" as everyone elts, their up im down, their down im up..Yeah im familar with OCD, Iv got "severe depresion", good bacteria info! But yeah not usually the issue. Used to deal with hyaidel hernia, some nasty ulcers for years till I quit drinking alltogether and went through i dont know how many diets. Just know REAL food, good food makes me feeel good/better. Ever juice cannabis leaves? i use a omaga masticating juicer bc it stays good for a few days rather then hrs with high speed/high heat units. Super juice leaves,strawberrys, and a lil apple juice is the whip. just have to go easy at first as to much cloraphill can cause nausea and worsen gastro pains. in the bad times i just sit in the shower only thing half way confy..

Little late, yes.  Glad you were able to find it. 

I looked a little into my haplogroups and am awaiting ancestry and relatives results.   My great grandfather moved to Chicago and started a new family and left my grandfather and his sister behind till the cousins and uncles found them 2-3 weeks later when they ran out of food.  My great grandmother died in the 3rd childbirth along with the baby and he split.  That side of my family has some psych issues.  But there is another family out there that's related thru that incidence so it'll be neat to see what's up with that.

And it gives speculative neanderthal percentage.  I'm looking for sites that you can upload your sequence to get Denisovan and maybe Florenensis percentage, if applicable.

Have been reading a bit more on methylation and the MTHFR mutation.

this is a webinar for other drs. but it describes how this mutation can upset the methylation process.  Pretty advanced but I was able to gleam some info out of it.  also shows how bad this mutation CAN be, while others who eat leafy greens and don't eat food fortified with folic acid may not even know they have it.

Thank you! Im rite there with ya on the trust thing. I also consult with my doc rather then go by what they say. Otherwise like you said, I would have had multiple surgeries and what not. My doc also over the years has come around. Says im usually rite and just tells me to keep doing what im doing. The nutrition thing is a constant battel. I dont know I seem to be on the "opposite" as everyone elts, their up im down, their down im up..Yeah im familar with OCD, Iv got "severe depresion", good bacteria info! But yeah not usually the issue. Used to deal with hyaidel hernia, some nasty ulcers for years till I quit drinking alltogether and went through i dont know how many diets. Just know REAL food, good food makes me feeel good/better. Ever juice cannabis leaves? i use a omaga masticating juicer bc it stays good for a few days rather then hrs with high speed/high heat units. Super juice leaves,strawberrys, and a lil apple juice is the whip. just have to go easy at first as to much cloraphill can cause nausea and worsen gastro pains. in the bad times i just sit in the shower only thing half way confy..

I try to get as much plant material out of my capsules as possible.  I kiefed some too much and it ended up giving mep crams.  Never tried juicing fresh leaves though.

Ya, I'm learning.  Read thru so much this week I gotta go back over it.  Some other interesting SNP's I've found in my genome.  Lower than normal dopamine receptors, have to look into that.  Lower than normal B6 levels in my blood.  Have to look that one up. 

Started taking the Methylfolate and methylcolabin and P5P(Bioavailable B vits) and have seen a definite improvement.  Much more energy and focus and less snowblind? Better outlook.  Even less anxiety. The first 2 days were quite sore and achy and had a slight headache.  Potassium seemed to help with the aches.  I think it was the toxins and extra folic acid in my system, who knows.

Wow, what a difference.  I don't think I ever knew what it was like to feel content, proud, happy(not manic), relaxed, normal.  After 5 days on the bioavailable B vitamins there has been a complete transformation. I don't even understand(can't get the mindset) of why I was so worried about everything.  I mean I know it was the Candida and lack of B vitamins but my mindset has completely transformed.  Colors look like they used to when I was a kid(hard to explain).  Either I was so worried about what I had to do or what I did that I never looked around me anymore.  I've switched from anxiety to a state of wonderment.  Yesterday I was running late and got stopped by a train and I sat there marveling at the graffiti rather than worry that I was going to be late.  Never did that before.

When I was 10 on the way to my grandparents I told my parents i didn't want to bring a child into this terrible world and started crying.  I don't know if I ever knew what it was like to not be depressed, I just learned to live with it. This MTHFR mutation has been causing problems since I was a kid.  Around 10 is when I had my first antibiotics too, so it could've been then when the candida took over and I got depressed when it messed up the methylation cycle.  Had that not happened my life may have been very different.  I definitely would not have drank so much, which only made it worse.  Oh well, got the rest of my life to myself now. :)

Since the MTHFR gene mutation affects 60% of the population and it can have such a dramatic affect, esp. combined with antibiotic syndrome, I recommend everyone check themselves for them, since candida alone can interrupt the methylation cycle, if you "just don't feel right".  It may change your life.

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I've been a member on here for a bit. I saw someone from the Grand Rapids area. I just found out just 2 wks ago, I have two copies of the Ct677T.  My new Dr. did a DNA Testing on me with all my blood work. I didn't know it till I went for my other results. I am from West Mi. area. I was so stunned, I just sat there,handed me a sheet a paper & saw this long name. Couldn't remember everything I was told. It does say my genotype, only happens in 1.5-15% of the population. I have been on anxiety meds, for 30 yrs. from panic attacks & help me sleep  Having Thyroid. issues too. Have lost weight too. Also bad depression. Gastro, prob. more issues.Mood swings. I had a kidney stone, Dr. put me on HBP meds back 11 yrs. ago, to try not to have any more. I have had my MMM card for 3 yrs. Where I live, I can't find no one to talk to about helping myself. Got my MMM card b/c of years of chronic back pain. Now getting arthritis in my hand joints. Have been taking CBD oil for  few months, that I got from Ga.on line. Have had MMM gummy's & hard candy. Used tincture in coffee & tea.Try to vapor, but never a smoker so It been hard to do.I've been so confused.about stuff & no one to talk to.My family Dr. knows but e can't help me with anything, I don't think he would know how if he could.Maybe if I could find the right stuff. My family knows but they don't know what to do, either. 

I've been asking Above to help me find whats wrong me for years, &  to find others now who have same issues. I just stumble on the page this AM. Haven't been on  reading, looking for awhile.  My new Dr. has put me on B12 shots, given by myself for the 1st time ever. 3 times a week. They are compounded, also take 1 mg. of Folate  2 times a day & a different B Complex + my added vitamins, herbs. I'm not feeling very much different. I don't know my way around much on here. Don't know what post options are even sorry. Thank you all who will be reading this. Hope I'm posting this all right.

Rootbeer

I found that I'm het for the MTHFR mutation, which means I don't convert folic acid into methylfolate well(about 65%).

I still have a lot of research to do but does anyone know about CBD and THC's effects on the neurotransmitters involved with needing folate to function well?  Is it just CB1 and 2 that it affects or does it somehow help with all neurotransmitter function throughout?

i havent read up on MTHFR mutation. what causes the body to not convert folic acid? is it inflammation somewhere in the guts?

read somewhere that this all happens in the liver? dont think theres much research on liver and marijuana yet.

some cbd/thc studies on GI tract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2219529/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25199471-- looks interesting

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1575197/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16751708

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23756391

" These results demonstrate that a simple extract of medicinal cannabis can significantly enhance resolution of inflammation and injury, as well as prevent injury, in the gastrointestinal tract."

lots more to comb through, use this in google to find more

gastrointestinal‎ marijuana site:nih.gov

Hello Everyone,

I've been a member on here for a bit. I saw someone from the Grand Rapids area. I just found out just 2 wks ago, I have two copies of the Ct677T.  My new Dr. did a DNA Testing on me with all my blood work. I didn't know it till I went for my other results. I am from West Mi. area. I was so stunned, I just sat there,handed me a sheet a paper & saw this long name. Couldn't remember everything I was told. It does say my genotype, only happens in 1.5-15% of the population. I have been on anxiety meds, for 30 yrs. from panic attacks & help me sleep  Having Thyroid. issues too. Have lost weight too. Also bad depression. Gastro, prob. more issues.Mood swings. I had a kidney stone, Dr. put me on HBP meds back 11 yrs. ago, to try not to have any more. I have had my MMM card for 3 yrs. Where I live, I can't find no one to talk to about helping myself. Got my MMM card b/c of years of chronic back pain. Now getting arthritis in my hand joints. Have been taking CBD oil for  few months, that I got from Ga.on line. Have had MMM gummy's & hard candy. Used tincture in coffee & tea.Try to vapor, but never a smoker so It been hard to do.I've been so confused.about stuff & no one to talk to.My family Dr. knows but e can't help me with anything, I don't think he would know how if he could.Maybe if I could find the right stuff. My family knows but they don't know what to do, either. 

I've been asking Above to help me find whats wrong me for years, &  to find others now who have same issues. I just stumble on the page this AM. Haven't been on  reading, looking for awhile.  My new Dr. has put me on B12 shots, given by myself for the 1st time ever. 3 times a week. They are compounded, also take 1 mg. of Folate  2 times a day & a different B Complex + my added vitamins, herbs. I'm not feeling very much different. I don't know my way around much on here. Don't know what post options are even sorry. Thank you all who will be reading this. Hope I'm posting this all right.

Rootbeer

First off, I've read the CBD oil online is crap and probably isn't decarbed, even if it has CBD in it.  I would try a compassion club to learn or find a caregiver who is experienced in making oils and concentrates and decarbing.  For CBD to have anti anxiety effects it needs to be decarbed to make it past the blood brain barrier.

Hi,

Thank you for telling me. The lady I get the Cbd oil from also has a family own health food store, in Ga. Think hers maybe comes from Canada. Did tell me it came from the Indica family. I did some searching. 1st got some from a lady down by Detroit.Wouldn't tell me where its from,said she trusted it. Said she was a RN nurse, too. She was so quick to sell me other stuff,telling me I need to detox.I asked  if her oil was from China, didn't like me asking so many questions. Told her I read where someone had bought her oil & had it tested. There wasn't much CBd  strength in it. Think more Olive oil to cut it down. She wasn't happy me pointing this out. This oil I did get, does help me get back to sleep if I wake up during the night. I will ask about this decarbing. Haven't found a Compassion Club near by, they had one I could have gone to 2 yrs ago but they came in & closed them down. Have 2 dispensaries that I do go to, but they haven't tried to get any Cbd oil. Had tincture of Cannabis.

This reverses the first step of photosynthesis in a plant, called carboxylation, the means by which CO2 from the atmosphere is added to these compounds.

If cannabinoid compounds aren’t decarboxylated they won’t be active at cannabinoid receptor sites in the body because they don’t readily pass the blood brain barrier in this form.

During this process the two primary cannabinoids, THC-A (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) and CBD-A (cannabidiolic acid) are converted to their bioactive forms, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol).

http://www.medicalmarijuana.co.uk/information/cannabinoids/decarboxylation/

CBD-A is still an anti inflammatory and has anti fungal effects, etc. as far as I know, it's just that the anti anxiety and anti depressive effects aren't present if it can't get past the blood brain barrier to affect the brain.  Same with neurogenerative and neuroprotective effcts.  If it can't get there it can't work there is how I understand it.

I try to get as much plant material out of my capsules as possible.  I kiefed some too much and it ended up giving mep crams.  Never tried juicing fresh leaves though.

Yeah same with the juicing. If your going to do it ez into it. its simillar to using wheetgrass, so you have to be carefull about to much chlorophyll intake which is what upets your guts. when u keifed it proly to much adgitation=plant material. I should get tested, have the issues. The oil works wonders..coco oil is better for absorbtion through blood brain barrier...Diff decarb time and temp determin end effect. so you can make some for day time and diff batch for night time!!

• 3 years later...

"Folic acid enhances the effects of cannabinoids at behavioral, cellular, and transcriptional levels"

"Recent interest in cannabinoid receptors as therapeutic targets has spurred the investigation into the physiochemical responses to their activation. The cannabinoid pathways in mammalian systems of adult male CD1 mice were investigated using a combinatorial approach based on folic acid mediated response. Various tests of cannabimimetic activity of folic acid showed that the combination of folic acid with either AEA (N-arachidonoylethanolamine, ananamide) or THC (∆9tetrahydrocannabinol) amplified the effects of the cannabinoid. Levels of cyclic AMP (cAMP) in brain tissue also show a marked reduction after the addition of folic acid to either AEA or THC at both 1 and 2.5 µM dose levels in comparison to the cannabinoid alone. Genetic studies using CB1 -/- knockout mice suggest the existence of a CB3 receptor localized in the brain tissue of mice that has yet to be cloned or characterized. In the CB1 knockout mice, addition of folic acid and THC resulted in a 129% increase of [3H]THC binding in the cortex and significant increases in all other areas of the brain when compared to THC alone. This indicates that folic acid is indeed affecting the neurotransmitter pathways of the cannabinoids by potentially acting with a third cannabinoid receptor. Using serial analysis of gene expression, it was found that transcription levels of genes shown to be up-regulated by cannabinoids were further increased upon addition of folic acid.

update: https://www.kalapa-clinic.com/de/cannabinoiden-krebspatienten/ 

Die Wirkung von therapeutischem Cannabis gegen Krebs

Es gibt Cannabinoide, wie THC und CBD, denen tumorbekämpfende Eigenschaften zugeschrieben werden. In präklinischen Studien wurde die tumorbekämpfende Wirkung unteranderem bei Tumoren im Gehirn (Gliomen), auf der Haut (kutane Melanome und Karzinome), der Brust, der Bauchspeicheldrüse, der Leber und der Prostata festgestellt (Munson y cols., 1975Galve-Roperh y cols., 2000Velasco y cols., 2012Velasco y cols., 2016).

Die Cannabinoide aktivieren die in den Tumorzellen vorhandenen CB1- und CB2-Rezeptoren, wodurch ein komplexer intrazellulärer Signalweg eingeleitet wird. Durch diesen Prozess kommt es zum Absterben der Tumorzellen ( Carracedo y cols., 2006 Salazar y cols., 2009; Velasco y cols., 2012; Hernandez-Tiedra y cols., 2016).

Cannabinoide leiten nicht nur den “Tod” von Tumorzellen ein, sondern sie hemmen auch die Ausscheidung des VEGF-Faktors, der für die Bildung von Krebsblutgefäßen verantwortlich ist. Auf diese Weise wird die Versorgung des Tumors mit Nährstoffen blockiert, die für das Tumorwachstum notwendig ist (Blazquez y cols., 2003 Blazquez y cols., 2004).

Eine dritte tumorbekämpfende Eigenschaft der Cannabinoide wird durch ihre Wirkung auf bestimmte Enzyme (Metalloproteasen) hervorgerufen. Metalloproteasen sind am Umbau der extrazellulären Matrix beteiligt, einem Vorgang der Einfluss auf die migratorische und invasive Kapazität des Tumors hat (Blazquez y cols., 2008 Velasco y cols., 2012 Velasco y cols., 2016 ).

Zusätzlich zu den direkten Wirkungen auf den Tumor und dessen Wachstum, könnten Cannabinoide auch für eine Adjuvans-Behandlung genutzt werden. Mehrere Studien haben mittels Tierversuchen gezeigt, dass Cannabinoide sowohl die Behandlungsergebnisse, einer Chemotherapie (Torres y cols., 2011), als auch einer Strahlentherapie (Scott y cols., 2014 ) verbessern können.

Edited by ReferenceSearch420