Ideas For Mpp, Npra, Mlrc And Other Ballot / Legislative Writers

t-pain

since i dont have good contacts with these groups, i'm going to write my ideas here.

1. reschedule/ deschedule marijuana at state level when writing ballot for both medical or recreational

2. put the ability for a patient or caregiver or recreational user to tell a jury about jury nullification no matter what. this will get around bad judges who limit affirmative defenses.

3. better (fed limits, 49 plants) or no limits for personal use grow manf etc.

- you cant do the 3 mature plants and 3 immature plant thing, that makes no sense wrt mother plants and other things. its just really dumb.

4. retroactive

5. a statement in the law that the people of michigan find that marijuana is safe to use.

6. a provision blocking any person or state city official (including police agent or prosecutor) from sending cases to the feds. :)

if you have more ideas please write them down! and if you know the writers on these laws, please tell them these ideas.

Edited by t-pain

Marihuana - and other drugs- can only be rescheduled or descheduled on the Federal level (not state) but just this week the surgeon general said it shouldn't be a schedule 1 narcotic so there is hope. Michigan is reintroducing the MM bills from last session. Call your state reps and senators today and ask them to co sponsor the bills!!!!! I spoke with Lisa Lyons office (sponsor of edibles bill) and Mike Caltons office (sponsor of dispensaries bill) and they are meeting tomorrow morning in committee to discuss them. I also spoke with Sen Rick Jones office about the bills!!

I'm sure it's a long shot but how about an adjustment on the 2.5 ounce limit? It would be nice to get 90 day old medicine that's been slow cured and fully decarboxylated. Just a thought:)

...and to be able to legally cure your summer harvest during the winter while using it until the next. A daytime reduction in power consumption would result here, realizing a lower medicine cost immediately.

How about this one:

JUST STOP ALL THE BULL SCHIT!!!

Everyone now knows that this substance isn't dangerous. Why keep up the facade? Why do these people continue to live in a fantasy world?

Legalization is moving forward at an ever increasing pace. WHAT THEY WANT IS TO REGULATE A HARMLESS SUBSTANCE SO SOMEBODY CAN MAKE MONEY OFF IT! I don't mind people making money, but if cigarette companies can roll up a 20 pack of their finest and retail it for $2.00, how can $200 an ounce marijuana even be considered reasonable?

GET MARIJUANA OUT OF THE BLACK MARKET!!! LET THE FREE MARKET WORK ITS MAGIC WITH MARIJUANA!

• 2 weeks later...

About 50 hard working Michigan Cannabis Activists got together today(2-21-15] and founded the committee and picked the board for the most creative, complete, common sense cannabis initiative ever attempted. Now we are faced with big Monopolist enemies with huge sums of cash, and when we are finished kicking their fancy asses they will wish they had never toyed with the concept of trying to monopolize our medicine. 

I will send you the notes I sent to the committee who met today:
Thank you, the 
Michigan Comprehensive Cannabis Law Reform Initiative Committee,for one of the very best days of my life, thanks for being such incredibly high quality people. Thank you for putting your shoulder against history to make it move. So many things say that this is our time. 
I want to get the members of the board out to the group, thanks to Greg P. for your computations, then I will write a message to the wider safermich list serve.

MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF THE MICHIGAN COMPREHENSIVE CANNABIS LAW REFORM INITIATIVE (I won't go through all their qualifications right now)

Chuck Ream
Jamie Lowell
Jeff Hank
Rick Thompson
Steve Sharpe
Cary Justice
Matt Abel
Jim Powers
Josey Scoggin
David Rudoi
Nick Zettell

This is an 11 member POWER board, and so many people NOT on the board can be just as effective as those who are.

FANTASTIC afterparty at Steve Green's. Really effective communication. 

Board members who were there decided a couple of immediate things, (always subject to formal approval by a quorum (a majority) of the full board), like Jeff Hank, Jamie Lowell and Chuck Ream are authorized as of now to speak with the media...we will have a "speakers bureau" type thing that Josie is working on.

We will get out a press release about our effort and our new board, and we pretty much decided Jeff Hank will be the Chairman or "executive director" of the initiative - ...but this must be an intense group effort of thousands of people. 

THANKS FOR GETTING THIS HISTORIC THREE PART INITIATIVE MOVING FAST! Chuck

We are going to be in position to make history. In state after state our movement has been fundamentally torn apart by the tension between medical and legalizers. We are all going to join together behind all the the facets of cannabis sativa, and do an initiative that captures the voters imagination, and their vote. In one brilliantly drafted initiative we will accomplish:

1) Preservation and extension of medical rights 
2)a system of tax and regulate for adult use – including a small home grow  
3) language to allow the average farmer to grow industrial hemp
We will all fight together, and put up money big time, and we will win. 

The average Michigan voter is disgusted with state government, they know we are not a threat, and they want new money for schools and potholes. WE ARE ENTERING A VERY INTENSE AND EXCITING 20 MONTHS...and with all this legalization action the legislature may let our bills go through!

LUCK is when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY. We prepare now very fast, and the other side is knocked off balance. They never expected us to be ready first. And the harder they come the harder they will fall.

About 50 hard working Michigan Cannabis Activists got together today(2-21-15] and founded the committee and picked the board for the most creative, complete, common sense cannabis initiative ever attempted. Now we are faced with big Monopolist enemies with huge sums of cash, and when we are finished kicking their fancy asses they will wish they had never toyed with the concept of trying to monopolize our medicine. 

Thank you, the 

Michigan Comprehensive Cannabis Law Reform Initiative Committee,for one of the very best days of my life, thanks for being such incredibly high quality people. Thank you for putting your shoulder against history to make it move. So many things say that this is our time. 

I want to get the members of the board out to the group, thanks to Greg P. for your computations, then I will write a message to the wider safermich list serve.

MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF THE MICHIGAN COMPREHENSIVE CANNABIS LAW REFORM INITIATIVE (I won't go through all their qualifications right now)

Chuck Ream

Jamie Lowell

Jeff Hank

Rick Thompson

Steve Sharpe

Cary Justice

Matt Abel

Jim Powers

Josey Scoggin

David Rudoi

Nick Zettell

This is an 11 member POWER board, and so many people NOT on the board can be just as effective as those who are.

Board members who were there decided a couple of immediate things, (always subject to formal approval by a quorum (a majority) of the full board), like Jeff Hank, Jamie Lowell and Chuck Ream are authorized as of now to speak with the media...we will have a "speakers bureau" type thing that Josie is working on.

We will get out a press release about our effort and our new board, and we pretty much decided Jeff Hank will be the Chairman or "executive director" of the initiative - ...but this must be an intense group effort of thousands of people. 

We are going to be in position to make history. In state after state our movement has been fundamentally torn apart by the tension between medical and legalizers. We are all going to join together behind all the the facets of cannabis sativa, and do an initiative that captures the voters imagination, and their vote. In one brilliantly drafted initiative we will accomplish:

The average Michigan voter is disgusted with state government, they know we are not a threat, and they want new money for schools and potholes. WE ARE ENTERING A VERY INTENSE AND EXCITING 20 MONTHS...and with all this legalization action the legislature may let our bills go through!

LUCK is when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY. We prepare now very fast, and the other side is knocked off balance. They never expected us to be ready first. And the harder they come the harder they will fall.

What is the source Bob?

Thank you, the 

Chuck Ream

Jamie Lowell

Jeff Hank

Rick Thompson

Steve Sharpe

Cary Justice

Matt Abel

Jim Powers

Josey Scoggin

David Rudoi

Nick Zettell

It appears this group has been put together to fight the big money interest intitiative from MRC because MRC was going to go after the MMMAct, yet this group is also planning on going after the MMMAct?

Why can they not figure out how to just leave us and the Act alone.

Pass legal/recreational and leave the Act be.  Just leave it. Patyients can utilize the commercial market then. Give them a tax exemption and it is ok.

Amazingly, we now have our own Michigan activist group who wishes to fiddle with the Act.

I tend to hate most of those people. :-)

man I know we need this type of thing but, when you want to change the act.

this make me suspicious,too many politicans  too many motivies $  too much veiled BS .why cant they enforce it as written now? and what makes me think they will uphold a new act, unless its in theyre favor>

No one needs the Act to be restricted other than law enforcement. That's the only change option open with the legislature we have, change causing restriction of the Act. 

The folks on that list know exactly why they can't do anything but ride our backs. They know they are powerless to effect anything other than offering up something that doesn't mean much to them, The Act, or they wouldn't do it. 

Could they, or would they, put some reference to nullifying the MMMA in any ballot measure to legalize/regulate marijuana? If it passed would this mean that the MMMA would be toast?

but can a ballot iniative to legalize marijuana modify the mmma, i think is the question? can ballot initiatives be more than one issue?

or is legalizing and MMMA the "same issue"?

iirc the stupid road sales tax ballot question is running into this problem because it gives funds to schools and other things.

i dont remember the ballot initiative in the michigan constitution having any such limit, but this might be in case law or somewhere else in MCL i'm missing?