Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome

AbominableDro-Man

Today I spent my 2am to 5pm in the hospital emergency room to find out that I have more of an ulcer problem than originally thought, I've only just now woken up after the getting back from the visit, so I wanted to post. It wasn't a fun experience, waking up and repeatedly gushing a maroon colored bile. (more than one of the ulcers was particularly...unhappy, do to my general lack of self-health concern..I'm told that needs to change as I've been referred to an oncologist as well because of the debacle.)

I'm looking for what sort of anything could help here.  capsule ideas and other such things that may assist in regards to excessive nausea and vomiting as well as overall lack of appetite (the constant overproduction of stomach gives me a pretty uneasy feeling that can lead to late night wakeups and further vomiting). . I'm told that treatment can be similar to that of Ulcerative Colitis.

Given the nausea and vomiting, it is not always possible for me to smoke my selected cannabis and am now looking for further alternatives, edibles such as brownies and the like seem like maybe not a good idea as not everything is keen on staying down.

I appreciate the time folks.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

I get minimal relief from smoking but a few vapes from some Co2 oil allows me to keep 100% of my consumed meal down without any regurgitation. I begin to vape the moment I am done chewing when possible.

Hashy-Rolls are 20mg, very light and lay a nice foundation to get my stomach ready to accept a meal. Slow digestion can be minimized when the system relaxes (I find at least). I know a few use capsules in likely the same fashion here? I like candy and the taste of herb.

Hope you get to feelin' better.

Unfortunately I do not have access to co2 oil, nor is it likely that I will at any point in the near future given the expense in producing it. (I don't have the extra multi-grand to drop on something like that.)

I'm unfamiliar with "Hashy Rolls", please elaborate? 

Edited for the grammars-

Unfortunately I do not have access to co2 oil, nor is it likely that I will at any point in the near future given the expense in producing it. (I don't have to extra multi-grand to drop on something like that.)

I'm unfamiliar with "Hashy Rolls", please elaborate? 

I find the oil to be economical given there is no waste and its efficacy (for me) has shown me that any money I spend on just bud is wasted because it really isn't a medicinal solution that provides substantial relief of my digestive condition. I dig though. Not trying to sell it but trying to give my experience in hopes it can help you. I'll add, the smoothness of it is secondary benefit because coughing often triggers other stresses on the body I don't want after eating.

Hashy Rolls are a cannafection product on the edible market (Provisioning Centers carry them). $10 for 4 (bonus pack always has 5 it seems) and I find one will give me a wonderful appetite in 30-45 minutes. They make me a little happy but nothing "wow, I'm stoned man" at all. I ate two at one time before and had little noticeable difference.

before you add anything to your diet do you consider removing the offensive items first ?

This is important, I think, find your trigger foods. I had gotten to a point where bread was coming back up so I know how frustrating it can be. I'd also look at the speed at which you eat. Slowing down my pace helps me immensely.

In regards to what I consume- As a rule I don't drink soda or eat junk food. I'm not a health food nut, but I don't eat candies and the like. I like to think if I attempt keeping a good diet most of the time, with my cheating mostly coming from Chinese food, a dangerous and delectable mistress, and other spicey things... these are what I will need to consider slowing down on I reckon.

Will have to look for them next time I find myself near a dispensary.

Will look back into infused coconut oil as well

In regards to what I consume- As a rule I don't drink soda or eat junk food. I'm not a health food nut, but I don't eat candies and the like. I like to think if I attempt keeping a good diet most of the time, with my cheating mostly coming from Chinese food, a dangerous and delectable mistress, and other spicey things... these are what I will need to consider slowing down on I reckon.

I find lean protein disturbs me the least. Chicken breast, cashews, almonds and rice is one of my favorites. Steak tastes great but rarely stays entirely down regardless of what I try (I like Rib-eye).

How chill are you? How often do things out of your control make you angry? I find stress plays a HUGE part in my issues. It can be as Zen as just getting myself in a good place mentally before I eat for some great results. It's all about keeping the food down and keeping the esophagus as clean as possible. "It will all be okay in the end, if it isn't okay it isn't the end..."

I also like to talk to offending body parts. Let them know you want to work with them and you're thankful for their service up to this point, if you haven't said it before "Thank you" to your stomach for getting you this far. It really is an amazing piece of equipment. I blew out my elbow and was angry with it, one day I figured that was silly so I thanked it and rubbed it and have worked in harmony with it since. It still hurts for some movements but I'm less disturbed not thinking of it as an enemy. Rambling but the mind body link is huge, I think.

I do take Maalox, as well as Protonix. I darn near live on Tums, those are like my "candy" most days.

I'd like to consider myself a calm, stable person when not out in public. Once I'm out and about, it's done gone to a stressful environment. As per talking to body parts, I can't says I've tried that a whole lot. Sure, talk to myself all of the time, but that's a bit different.

I do take Maalox, as well as Protonix. I darn near live on Tums, those are like my "candy" most days.

I'd like to consider myself a calm, stable person when not out in public. Once I'm out and about, it's done gone to a stressful environment. As per talking to body parts, I can't says I've tried that a whole lot. Sure, talk to myself all of the time, but that's a bit different.

Watch your vit B levels.  Tums causes havoc with them.  You may want to get your genome sequenced and a health report from promethease.  There is a common mutation that affects the ability to make folic acid useable by the body(60% of the population). Between the tums, maalox, etc. you could have low vit. B levels or messed up the methylation cycle.  Have you checked yourslef for Candida overgrowth?  Have you ever taken antibiotics?  30% of the population(from recent autopsies) have Candida overgrowth from taking antibiotics or getting antibiotics in their food.  The #'s used to be closer to 3% of the population in the 1900's.  I think it's even higher because they are getting the #'s from autopsies and I think the younger generation is a higher %.  These 2 things are what caused all my social anxiety.  The buildup of toxins in my system from Candida and the lack of b vits(and I have a mutation which makes vit. D less available), caused all my social anxiety.

Edited by Norby

Not totally sure on my Vit B levels to be honest, I've been munching on the smoothie flavors for as long as I can remember  :lol: 

Haven't done that process yet Norb, I believe that up to current one of the biggest factors urging my mind not to do so is such: 

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/could-fossil-inspired-dna-hard-drive-store-data-forever
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article-

Inspired by fossilized bones, researchers say they’ve found a way to preserve data in the form of DNA encased in silica. The findings, published in Angewandte Chemie this week, could lead to a way of preserving digital information permanently, or for a few millennia. 

Compared to ancient scrolls that have survived for thousands of years, the information written on servers and hard drives will last for a surprisingly short amount of time: 50 years or so. That’s why in the last few years, researchers have been eyeing DNA, nature’s storage medium. We already know that genetic material can store large volumes of information in a compact way, but attempts thus far have been thwarted by chemical degradation and mistakes in sequencing, resulting in errors and gaps in the encoded data once its retrieved. 

The latest development in long-term, error-free DNA storage comes from an ETH Zurich team led by Robert Grass. "We know that if you just store it lying around, you lose information," he tells New Scientist. They turned to fossilized bones, which have housed genetic material for hundreds of thousands of years. "Similar to these bones, we wanted to protect the information-bearing DNA with a synthetic 'fossil' shell," Grass says in a news release. They reasoned that they could shelter DNA segments with glass. 

The team encoded Switzerland's Federal Charter of 1291 and “The Methods of Mechanical Theorems” by Archimedes in DNA (that’s about 83 kilobytes of data). Then they encapsulated the information-bearing DNA in 150-nanometer-wide silica spheres. 

To simulate data-destroying conditions over hundreds of years, they stored the DNA sheathed in glass at 60 to 70 degrees Celsius for up to a month. Afterwards, they used a fluoride solution to separate the DNA from the silica glass, and then they read the stored data using simple DNA sequencing techniques. When they compared that DNA with those stored on filter paper and biopolymers, they found that their glass shell was especially robust. If stored at minus 18 degrees Celsius, like the temperatures found at Svalbard Global Seed Vault, the information could survive over a million years, according to their calculations. 

Additionally, to help keep errors low, the team also developed an algorithm to correct mistakes in the data. They based it on a technique called Reed-Solomon code, which is similar to those used in long-distance transmission of data—like radio communication with a spacecraft in orbit. 

If he could, Glass would save the documents in Unesco’s Memory of the World Programme for millions of years. And Wikipedia too: “Many entries are described in detail, others less so,” he adds. “This probably provides a good overview of what our society knows, what occupies it and to what extent.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something, somewhere, tells me this could be a bad idea..but then again, never know, never know.

I love chinese food and the other hot one, (i cant spell schezwan lol)  I have always loved hot spicy food, I grew up on middle east food as my mom's side came from syria and lebanon, isreal,etc.  so always spicy, mid east food is all made with all spice, lamb oh man I wish my grandma was still around!

Chinese food has become almost impossible for me to eat, I have never had anything bad going on in my stomach other than it likes to get bigger in the winter lol!  it seems chinese food has alot of meat tenderizer in it and bmg?  all I know is the older I get the less chinese I can handle, my old man loves it and wants me to go to them all you can eat ones, I just cant do them, I have to wait to leave after I use the bathroom, I will not make it home if I dont!

Yea maybe think of getting rid of things you eat that can make you feel bad and than start finding something better to eat, I would suggest cannabutter but dairy products dont sit well in my stomach!

Best of Luck!

Peace

dna will be used to differentiate bloodlines one day. The nobels were always about bloodlines and still are. The gods were about bloodlines. where is my darn tinfoil hat....dangit.

I admit I've never been closer to sending my spit in than when I talked to Norby about it, but I need a better hat first. I wish their was an anonymous way to get dna results. like send in mine and say its norby's or sumpin...

MSG ?

I've been violently allergic to bananas all of my life. I couldn't be in the same room while one was peeled. I loved bananas too, the smell and taste, and so much fun to eat.  sometimes I'd chunk off a piece and swallow, just to watch the welts swell on my throat, wheezing, swollen eyes, etc.

A few months ago the wife sprung for a bunch of "organic" bananas(she eats them privately) and told me she made the permanent change to the organic ones.

I noticed that the peel in the garbage didn't bug me, and I took a delectable bite. Then another, and another....now I eat one per day with no issues.

last week we grabbed a non organic bunch and I about died ..

back to the ones that are not sprayed with fungicides, and baddaboom!!!  It would seem my allergy is of fungicides, not bananas?   been lied to a lot in this lifetime.

I suspect that spicy foods is not the issue at all, but just a reporter of a symptom?  ONce the underlying dis-ease is repaired, spicy foods will once again be a saucy mistress at dinner time.

theres a book called cures and stuff they don't want u to know, or something like that. the author gives like 5 simple rules for "curing" most of these issues. I followed it reluctantly, as did wife, some friends, and other family. Nobody that followed the instructions is with their dis-ease any longer. the author is a real butthead though.

putting to much of the right or wrong things into your body, or not enough of the right things seems to be the jist  of it. falling for the medical system and counting on them to make it better does not work. after all none of us are prescription deficient right?   they do know how to cover symptoms though, and put the dis-ease on the back burner.

Edited by grassmatch

dna will be used to differentiate bloodlines one day. The nobels were always about bloodlines and still are. The gods were about bloodlines. where is my darn tinfoil hat....dangit.

I admit I've never been closer to sending my spit in than when I talked to Norby about it, but I need a better hat first. I wish their was an anonymous way to get dna results. like send in mine and say its norby's or sumpin...

I'm sure there is a way to use someone else's name, I just didn't care.  Whatever they can "do" to me because of it is nothing compared to getting the owner's manual I should've had years ago.  I don't let drs. "take care" of me anymore.  This knowledge was integral to getting myself well, for me.

I'm not afraid anymore, fuk "them".

I'm just sayin', come 60 years from now should I run into a baby clone copy of myself, I'd be handing said clone my own tinfoil hat and turning myself in to the funny farm.

I'll take your recommendation to mind though Norb, that's for certain. Who knows, come a couple of months from now, I may just go in for it. Besides, if there's a "Them" they already know who people are anyways.

@phaq, I don't do all you can eats either, more of a ordered dish type. I'm fond of some really strong Sriracha sauce and various Thai dishes as well, if it's spicey- I may have already tried to shove it in my face at some point. No eastern family influence of that nature here though, I'm mostly Dutch and Polish as far as I've been made aware, though I dig the culture. And their Hookahs.   :bong2: