Milegalize- The Mmma Endorsed Ballot Initiative- Launches Campaign This Week!

It's not so simple as voting one out and other in. Remember there us a lot of land and people between gr, kzoo, aa, det, flint, and traverse....they tend to vote the way they do.

this is easy to prove as well. just look at the vote numbers for obama vs romney.

for some reason people think its a "landslide victory" and democrats now outnumber republicans.

no, that is not the case. the entire country is somehow just about evenly split in the number of republicans and democrats. can you believe it? its true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012

Popular vote 65,915,796 60,933,500

65mil for obama and 60mil for romney. so when are you going to "vote out all the republicans" restorium?

what has to be focused on is getting candidates pre-election to take stances on marijuana. and just hope that the pro-marijuana candidates prevail. theres still 30% democrats against pot, just like theres 30% republicans for pot. its not all black and white.

this is easy to prove as well. just look at the vote numbers for obama vs romney.

for some reason people think its a "landslide victory" and democrats now outnumber republicans.

no, that is not the case. the entire country is somehow just about evenly split in the number of republicans and democrats. can you believe it? its true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012

Popular vote 65,915,796 60,933,500

65mil for obama and 60mil for romney. so when are you going to "vote out all the republicans" restorium?

what has to be focused on is getting candidates pre-election to take stances on marijuana. and just hope that the pro-marijuana candidates prevail. theres still 30% democrats against pot, just like theres 30% republicans for pot. its not all black and white.

I did ask some people at the debate i went to when i walked into the meeting i ask if i was at the right place and a few people said if you'll a Republican then yes so i ask

What make someone a Republican no one gave me a strait answer and looked at me like who i was

If Michigan Medical Marijuana Association is not endorsing MiLegalize

I ask that the thread title be changed as it is misleading.

We can continue the conversation honestly that way.

the answer to this support question has not been answered but the thread has remained.

If the endorsement was phony I suspect the thread to be censored. I've seen censorship for

much less reasoning. While the MMMA is supporting the initiative I would like the mmma to list the reasons why and address those

of the MMMA who oppose it?

Not everyone will find the MILegalize plan to be ideal enough for their liking and that is understood. It does significantly improve conditions, removes criminality, stops arrests, and seizure of property and addresses other important issues. It preserves and improves current laws.

It is the best plan of both efforts currently in progress, or others being discussed.

To review the language, donate and/or volunteer please check out- www.MILegalize.com

Edited by jamieuke

Komorn simply ok'd it when I ran it past him- seemed like a no-brainer.

MILegalize is the only viable choice. There is a fringe group discussing a plan to make cannabis like tomatoes. If that were to become a viable effort- perhaps this endorsement would have to be re-assessed -as most of us would gravitate toward the more broad and liberal approach. Obviously, that situation is exceptionally more than not likely for 2016.

Individuals can choose to support or not support by donation, volunteering to help-or both- and, of course, individuals can choose whether to vote for or against it if the initiative makes the ballot.

Not everyone will find the MILegalize plan to be ideal enough for their liking and that is understood. It does significantly improve conditions, removes criminality, stops arrests, and seizure of property and addresses other important issues. It preserves and improves current laws.

It is the best plan of both efforts currently in progress, or others being discussed.

To review the language, donate and/or volunteer please check out- www.MILegalize.com

And gives wonderful economic opportunities to those who are tapped and grandfathered and who coincidentally (not) put together the language for this initiative.  But if you wish to sell any mj from your legally grown stash, you are once again BREAKING THE LAW... so this is legalization for whom?

Not for the public at large... and look out for Ron Boji at a legislative level... things have turned very monopolistic of late...

All of this is wolves in sheep's clothing in my opinion.

Komorn simply ok'd it when I ran it past him- seemed like a no-brainer.

MILegalize is the only viable choice. There is a fringe group discussing a plan to make cannabis like tomatoes. If that were to become a viable effort- perhaps this endorsement would have to be re-assessed -as most of us would gravitate toward the more broad and liberal approach. Obviously, that situation is exceptionally more than not likely for 2016.

Individuals can choose to support or not support by donation, volunteering to help-or both- and, of course, individuals can choose whether to vote for or against it if the initiative makes the ballot.

A no brainer?  It is rather a big deal in my opinion.

If the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association is endorsing this IT IS IMPORTANT to

know and is much more than a no brainer.

This is the type of tactics I'd expect from politicians and not from those who are suppose

to be part of this community. 

And, this is true because you say so?

Why are those who are working towards removing cannabis from the MI CSA (the only viable choice, really) considered "a fringe group"?

Edited by imiubu

I have read the text of the proposal, several times.

I am not fear mongering.

I am seeing beyond the language with out 'legalization' stars in my eyes.

I ask that people remember that our gov't will only take and not give.

Oh... and I gotta love what one member of the milegalize crew told me last

week  ... it's only $5000. for a license and that's not very much...

wth?  That is more than half of some people's yearly income for cripes sake!

This is not a peoples bill, this bill still benefits the commercial interest over

pt/ cg and the common recrecational user.

I ask others to remember and to think with your own mind and not what is

fed to us by the media.

I may be wrong, but I believe the $5,000 for a license is for a "marihuana establishment": commercial grow, mj retail store, testing centers. I do not believe a "12 plant" grower will need a license unless they intend to sell to an "establishment ."

There are elements of this initiative that will help patients and their caregivers, no doubt. There are elements that pose extreme future risk also. I think this bill is likely to result in the merger of medical and recreational to the detriment of patients.

Please elaborate on the "elements that pose extreme future risk".

I would have to look, but I am pretty sure no one can sell to anyone without a license.

So let me get this straight-

...this will change the mmma if it passes?

...and will you have to pay '$5000- for a ""license"" to be a cG?

(thats what i been hearing)

and >ANYONE< will be able to grow 12 plants with or without a card? ...dr rec? ...qualifying condition..?

you will need a 'license' tho if you want to sell...'legally'

but you already can without a 5000$license....(¿)

What are the restrictions and possession limits ? Lbs and lbs...? And lbs...?

Or will the restrictions we have now be removed?

or will they be tightened...more?

what will be the new cg rules this establishes?

....seed to sale...we will have to allow cameras...?

will this 'legalize' pot and allow us to have as much as we want like the warehouse guys ...?

also this will mean your grow room will have to meet code now if you are cg?

Inspected licensed approved?

how many people will this allow you to 'sell' to as a cg?

or is it just a license to sell to the ""licensed"" distributors this will establish?

...no more 5pts?

will cities have a local cg option?

since they want to stop residential growing altogether anyway...

exceptions for the allready established zoned warehouse grows and dispensaries clause?

...is this type cg license optional or mandatory if this passes...?

...thru what agency? .? [LARA ?license and regulatory affairs]

does this establish a new marijuana enforcement branch of ATF-&-M?

is that what the 'pot for cops' i heard on the radio the other day...?

they will be able to hire new cops from this to enforce the new rules?

also will warehouse grows in ypsi and gaylord a2 detroit (and friends) be grandfathered in and legal already?

- licensed as ""provisioning centers"" (?)

do they get all the commercial privledges ?

and grow and distribution rights ?

...(like they already have)??

and again as pts/cgs what new lattitudes-privledges does this establish for us....?

-that we dont already have?

its decrim in most bigger cities now already....WITH transfers...(?)

what are the new 'freedoms'[sic] we will enjoy?

oh...we can do it legally now and be taxed if we vote for this(?)

SO newbie warehouse wannabees will have to pay?

what will applications and requirements be?

who u kno? ...or blo?

or only for those who can afford it or are allready established...?

-and this 'legalize euphimism' ...(¿)

-it will establish a new 'tightly' regulated/controlled [licensed] >TAXABLE< cG system?

-just like the leggs wanted-(?)

so if we vote for this are we trading whats left of our cg rights for regulation, security and extortion...?

....and jamie&cO are the pied pipers with this idyllic 'MIlegalize' proposal that will lead us rats to our cage...?

-and 'free the warehouses'?

[and if this doesnt werk ???

they have 'planB'-(?)-MCC initiative?]

so either way this is a double win for the lawyers first and then dispensaries AND the warehouse growers AND the dispensaries that are warehouse growers ....?...it allows them to be legitimized?

good plan

...50%ups the ^^^odds by having '2' initiatives!!

Like playin double down in black jack...

(Good plan!! Brilliant!! Lawyers!! Brilliant!!)

what new freedoms do average people get for this?

we wont need a medical law?

...SO --if these two initiatives that are fighting for the pole position cancel each other out then what?

--MRC wins and we become kushmart with 10 stores?

(Sounds like a high 'steaks' poker game)

are the 'steaks' patients?

patients $?

...cgs?

...$$$$ ?

...pts/cgs rights vs warehouse/distributors/regulated rights ???

....all of the above?

Yippie!

that sounds like A great legalization deal! <insert[facetious]

post-31510-0-90948700-1434945159_thumb.jpg

Edited by purple pimpernel

So let me get this straight-

...and will you have to pay '$5000- for a ""license"" to be a cG?

(thats what i been hearing)

and >ANYONE< will be able to grow 12 plants with or without a card? ...dr rec? ...qualifying condition..?

you will need a 'license' tho if you want to sell...'legally'

but you already can without a 5000$license....(¿)

What are the restrictions and possession limits ? Lbs and lbs...? And lbs...?

Or will the restrictions we have now be removed?

or will they be tightened...more?

what will be the new cg rules this establishes?

....seed to sale...we will have to allow cameras...?

will this 'legalize' pot and allow us to have as much as we want like the warehouse guys ...?

also this will mean your grow room will have to meet code now if you are cg?

Inspected licensed approved?

how many people will this allow you to 'sell' to as a cg?

or is it just a license to sell to the ""licensed"" distributors this will establish?

...no more 5pts?

will cities have a local cg option?

since they want to stop residential growing altogether anyway...

exceptions for the allready established zoned warehouse grows and dispensaries clause?

...is this type cg license optional or mandatory if this passes...?

...thru what agency? .? [LARA ?license and regulatory affairs]

does this establish a new marijuana enforcement branch of ATF-&-M?

is that what the 'pot for cops' i heard on the radio the other day...?

they will be able to hire new cops from this to enforce the new rules?

also will warehouse grows in ypsi and gaylord a2 detroit (and friends) be grandfathered in and legal already?

- licensed as ""provisioning centers"" (?)

do they get all the commercial privledges ?

and grow and distribution rights ?

...(like they already have)??

and again as pts/cgs what new lattitudes-privledges does this establish for us....?

-that we dont already have?

its decrim in most bigger cities now already....WITH transfers...(?)

what are the new 'freedoms'[sic] we will enjoy?

oh...we can do it legally now and be taxed if we vote for this(?)

SO newbie warehouse wannabees will have to pay?

what will applications and requirements be?

who u kno? ...or blo?

or only for those who can afford it or are allready established...?

-and this 'legalize euphimism' ...(¿)

-it will establish a new 'tightly' regulated/controlled [licensed] >TAXABLE< cG system?

-just like the leggs wanted-(?)

so if we vote for this are we trading whats left of our cg rights for regulation, security and extortion...?

....and jamie&cO are the pied pipers with this idyllic 'MIlegalize' proposal that will lead us rats to our cage...?

-and 'free the warehouses'?

[and if this doesnt werk ???

they have 'planB'-(?)-MCC initiative?]

so either way this is a double win for the lawyers first and then dispensaries AND the warehouse growers AND the dispensaries that are warehouse growers ....?...it allows them to be legitimized?

good plan

...50%ups the ^^^odds by having '2' initiatives!!

Like playin double down in black jack...

(Good plan!! Brilliant!! Lawyers!! Brilliant!!)

what new freedoms do average people get for this?

we wont need a medical law?

...SO --if these two initiatives that are fighting for the pole position cancel each other out then what?

--MRC wins and we become kushmart with 10 stores?

(Sounds like a high 'steaks' poker game)

are the 'steaks' patients?

patients $?

...cgs?

...$$$$ ?

...pts/cgs rights vs warehouse/distributors/regulated rights ???

....all of the above?

Yippie!

that sounds like A great legalization deal! <insert[facetious]

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Btw, this is all the confusion I speak of because MILegalize just couldn't leave Medical marijuana out of their initiative. I begged. I asked. They are clueless to the future unintended consequences of their actions and refused to listen to some of the most advanced legal and marijuana knowledgeable members of the community.  It was more important to allow one person to make sure his dispensary was protected than it was to protect patients from unintended consequences.  *shrug*

But yes,... way to create more confusion around medical MILEGALIZE.  Just what it needed.  Another wonderful excuse for the legislature to come in and "clear that shiit up" next legislative session.  It would have been so nice for them to simply say they wouldn't touch the MMMAct and not create confusion.  Clarity was not the strong suit of those writing this initiative.

MIlegalize Attempts to expand doctors recommendations and make it so only one doctor has to approve minors.   

CG's are not initially effected.

Btw, this is all the confusion I speak of because MILegalize just couldn't leave Medical marijuana out of their initiative. I begged. I asked. They are clueless to the future unintended consequences of their actions and refused to listen to some of the most advanced legal and marijuana knowledgeable members of the community.  It was more important to allow one person to make sure his dispensary was protected than it was to protect patients from unintended consequences.  *shrug*

But yes,... way to create more confusion around medical MILEGALIZE.  Just what it needed.  Another wonderful excuse for the legislature to come in and "clear that shiit up" next legislative session.  It would have been so nice for them to simply say they wouldn't touch the MMMAct and not create confusion.  Clarity was not the strong suit of those writing this initiative.

Like this for example?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/49068-fundraising-drive-begins-for-lawsuits-to-save-medical-marijuana-in-washington/?p=530363

As we previously reported, a team of renowned attorneys will soon be filing a set of lawsuits to place an injunction on, and overturn Washington State’s Senate Bill 5052, a regressive medical cannabis proposal recently signed into law by Governor Jay Inslee. The new law, which goes into effect July 1st of next year, will make felons out of patients possessing currently allowable limits, will establish a patient registry and will shutdown a majority of dispensaries in the state.

Now, in an effort to help fund the immense legal costs associated with challenging a law passed by the state, those behind the lawsuit have setup a GoFundMe page for those wanting to donate to the cause.

All funding goes directly towards the legal costs of filing and following through with 3-4 lawsuits designed to dismantle Senate Bill 5052. The attorneys behind the effort are Douglas Hiatt, Jeffrey Steinborn and Aaron Pelley, who combined have over 80 years of legal experience.

Those interested in making a donation can do so by clicking here.

http://www.theweedbl...-in-washington/

did you read the petition?

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1633_41221_62581-339877--,00.html

from milegalize petition:

Sec. 9. This act does not:

(d) Limit any privileges or rights of a med-ical marihuana patient, caregiver, or licensed

entity as provided in Michigan law or the laws of any other unit of government;

from mcc petition:

Relationship of this Act to the Medical Marihuana Act

Sec.8. Nothing in this act shall be deemed to amend, alter or supersede the use,

possession, acquisition, cultivation, manufacture, delivery, internal possession or

transfer of marihuana for medical use that is undertaken in accord with the medical

marihuana act.

"so either way this is a double win for the lawyers first and then dispensaries AND the warehouse growers AND the dispensaries that are warehouse growers ....?..."

seems the groups that write/support this stuff may be the winners, in court, and in cash. starting to make sense maybe. foxes guarding the hen houses. voting yes to this will create instant hypocrites. imo

The Marsden initiative MCC specifically states it does not supersede or amend the act.

MIlegalize continues to insist it does not effect the act. They suggest this because the places their initiative intersects the act, they claim provide enhancements to the act.

The unintended consequence comes if and when they get their signatures, and the ball goes into the legislators ballpark. Some would prefer they not intersect the act at all, in any way, in going for their dream.

Well there is a big gorilla in the room as well. How to raise 1.5 million or so....

Serious looks at any initiative must look for the money committed before jumping aboard. It is going to take a bunch.

Edited by Hayduke