Know Where It Goes

Also;

DAV Disabled American Veterans;

How much of my donation goes to help disabled veterans?

In our last accounting year, 75.8% of all contributions were used for programs of service to disabled veterans and their families. While that figure already compares favorably with other national charities, we constantly strive to further increase efficiency and effectiveness in the use of the funds you entrust to the DAV.

I worked as a truck driver for the Salvation army and would go pick up clothes at JC Penny for the homeless the first thing that I was told to do was to let the children of the soldiers  kids go through the clothes and let them take what they wanted also all of the food and drinks donated they would come and load up their vehicles with the prime food stock and leave the lesser food wares for the poor plus they all drove leased Mercedes Benz SUVs and all of their children drove leased Ford Mustangs .

Great Thread!  I had to go look for my self!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

we need to make sure the good guys get any donations we make, I will not donate to an organization that pay's their ceo's a million bucks, it is charity not lets get rich off of the poor!

Peace

Am a Bell Ringer am glad to see their on top of that list 

CNN did a story i think on DAV Disabled American Veterans it wasn't too great as far as i remember " 

​Thanks for posting this  Knucklehead bob and if anyone wants to Bell Ring pm me i will send info to you 

Nope. Must have been someone else. DAV is very good.

Independent source for verification;

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7589#.VlItmBIfCYU

For what it's worth, I've read on-line that the "Wounded Warrior" charity provides very little to wounded veterans.

I've always been a big fan of the Salvation Army because their executives don't draw a big salary. And I've donated a lot to the Salvation Army.

Better yet, find people in your local community who need some help. Just this past Veterans Day, I anonymously paid the check for a veteran having dinner with some apparent family members at Red Robin. Also, a couple of times in the past I spotted an old man wearing a military ball cap and wearing raggy clothes, while buying groceries, and I stepped in and paid his bill.

If you want your charity dollars to do the most good, skip the organizations and go directly to the recipient. You won't get a tax write-off, but you'll get the satisfaction that your efforts go directly to the people you are trying to help.

For what it's worth, I've read on-line that the "Wounded Warrior" charity provides very little to wounded veterans.

I've always been a big fan of the Salvation Army because their executives don't draw a big salary. And I've donated a lot to the Salvation Army.

Better yet, find people in your local community who need some help. Just this past Veterans Day, I anonymously paid the check for a veteran having dinner with some apparent family members at Red Robin. Also, a couple of times in the past I spotted an old man wearing a military ball cap and wearing raggy clothes, while buying groceries, and I stepped in and paid his bill.

If you want your charity dollars to do the most good, skip the organizations and go directly to the recipient. You won't get a tax write-off, but you'll get the satisfaction that your efforts go directly to the people you are trying to help.

Someone brought me a bag of chip's on Veterans Day, thats what i got i did go to two different restraints and they told me we don't give discounts on any day both told me that i won't be going

back i usually go out to eat once a year on Veterans Day, because of the 50% off