Eating Dabs

Can you eat dabs in raw form? Or does it need to be decarboxylated first? What I want to do is take some extra dabs and pack them with some coconut oil into a capsule and then eat it. Will this work? If it has to be decarboxylated first, how would I go about doing that with dabs? Tried searching google, but can't seem to find any straight up information on this.

depends how the dab was made really.

although i'm not sure if butane decarboxylates it. i dont think so?

to decarboxylate, just put in oven safe container (pyrex glass) , stick in oven at 200-220F for 30 mins.

then eat. should be good. be careful ... eating has different effects than smoking, go easy...

heres a series of lab tests done with butter and marijuana to see the maximum thc butter extraction effect

http://www.theweedblog.com/the-ultimate-cannabutter-experiment/

only a few minutes videos to watch, give it a view.

after you extract it with butane, I use hot water from my sink to evape the butane, than I put my pyrex pan in an electric fry pan with water in the fry pan, and I pop all of the bubbles, than I scrape it out and put it into a good size milk glass bottle ( white glass) and I will use a cup warmer for a lil while longer to make sure it dont bubble any longer, dont leave it on the cup warmer to long, I take it off and put it back on a few times so I dont heat it to much!

after that you can smoke it, eat it, cook with it,  I like to just mix some into peanut butter and have it on an englishh muffin!

dont eat to much, unless you want to just watch cartoons and chill all day with a cooler of water or soda!

Best of luck!

Peace

Cool! Thanks for the responses guys! So it sounds like you do not have to decarboxylate it in order to get the effects of the medicine?

I tried eating it raw with some coconut oil in a tab but really didn't get much effect. But I have to admit I was a little scared on how much to use, so I put a very tiny amount in the capsule. I am going to try to use a bigger amount raw and see what happens. If I don't get the effects that I want I will try decarboxlating.

Just trying to reduce any extra steps that aren't necessary, cuz I'm lazy like that, lol!

I have a thread in here some where about eating it, 1 time I ate 3 grams and got totaly gumbied, the old lady almost called an ambulance, she thought I was od'ing of meds I dont use lol!  Seriously I was like a limp noodle for a few days, I dont eat more than a 1/2 gram if I want to realy feel it!  make sure people know that your experimenting with it so they dont call an ambulance for ya lmao!

Peace

I use no heat to process or purge tane. My oil does not bubble when if I post heat it. I use time  to decarb oil now.

I have heated others' oil, saw the bubbles, and when I put a flame to the popping bubble....little flaming whooofs was the result. 

heating should remove residual solvents, so maybe a good idea with edibles.

know your source and ask questions. Lots of solvents do the job well, without a surefire way of removal..... caveat emptor.

If you are using it for the body, non decarbed is fine(crohn's, stomach problems, inflammation cancer of the lungs, colon, etc.).  If you want it to cross the blood brain barrier, say to put brain cancer into remission and shrink tumors, you'll have to decarb to get the max amount past the blood brain barrier.  If anxiety bothers you from too much it'd be better to not decarb or overdecarb to turn some THC into CBN, which is a sedative and should counter anxiety.  I've been playing with my convection oven to test these things out.  Overdecarbed works better for me for nighttime and underdecarbed seems better for me for daytime.  Lots of different meds just from THC(non decarbed(not as much head effect), decarbed(head effect) and over decarbed(sedative))

Tried two more times without decarbing. Worked great for killing my pain, but no sedative effect. I am now going to try decarbing, and see if I can't address some of the insomnia and anxiety. Once again everybody, thank you for your responses and help, I greatly appreciate it. I will get back here and give an update.

CBD helps tremendously for anxiety and gets me thru the night since my mind isn't racing and I don't wake up in the am in panic mode thinking about what I might have forgot yesterday or what I might not get done today.  Now it takes me about half a cup of coffee to remember what I have to do for the day, or even care about starting to think about it.  I know I have to up my CBD ratio to THC if I wake up and think about what I have to do for the day before I start the coffee or start obsessing about things.

Edited by Norby

I like norby can sleep well at nite w/o my brain racing,,,,,,,,,,,,,even though I have quite the termoil going on and that dont even include the holiday stuff that we always think about!

Im realy trying hard to stop smoking tobaco and mm, I enjoy a nice fatty for the awsome taiste but my favorite is eating bho that I make, Im not crazy about eating oil from some one I dont know personaly, but if I had to and it was bho I most def would put some heat to it 1st to make sure it dont bubble, I dont want to ingest butane!

Im glad it is working out for you and enjoy reading about your successes!

happy holiday's

Peace

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, just got around to decarbing this past weekend.

That definitely made the difference. I decarbed for 30 minutes at 240, mixed in a tiny amount of coconut oil with it.

Ended up Ingesting a half gram. That was quite the experience, lol! A little too strong for me but not too bad. Definitely had no problem sleeping, lol! Going to try half of that next time and I should be good to go!

Thanks for all the help in this everyone, I really appreciate it!

• 3 years later...