What A Mess...and It Could Have Been Avoided!

When the MMMA was first past some eight years ago, the DCH was tasked with administering the law. They had little time to complete the task at hand. Some of the most important tasks were left incomplete, and perhaps the most important part of the act never started, and to this day, it remains that way.

As it is, the MMMA is an act with rules, but no punishments.

Can you picture the traffic code without published punishments? Any of the many possible violations,such as speeding or running a red light are associated with specific fines, points, jail time, or other specific punishments.

This gives a judge little leway so far as the punishments they have the right to improve on a person who violates any of the many traffic laws.

This is vital, as it serves as protection from a judge who would otherwise be free to impose any punishment they wish.

As the MDCH NEVER bothered to present a medical marijuana code for the Michigan legislature, we have been left with the horrible mess that has resulted in tremendously unfair and harsh sentences.

It is beyond important we find a way to force LARA, who has replaced the DCH, to provide the legislature with reasonable punishments to have signed into law, and finally end the insanity that has left so many good law abiding citizens in prison.

Let us make this a high priority mission.

Some lady just got arrested in jersey or somewhere back east for remaining silent, cops just called it obstruction. Even w iron clad rules, abuses will happen. Just to say. How about straight decrim vs what u r suggesting as a better strategy for full a blown effort?

I would love to have decriminalization,and am not suggesting otherwise.

Each and every avenue that may bring us closer to finally having protection from the hate and discrimination we face must be explored.

Some of the possible avenues I believe may bring a medical marijuana code (think traffic code)are:

A. Contact your state representative and ask them to sponsor a bill to force LARA to get off their collective arses and immediately hold public meetings to bring sentencing guidelines for every rule in the MMMA.

B. File a class action suit against either the State or LARA on behalf of the many of us who have been harmed by the failure of State to ensure that the voter initiative that was overwhelmingly passed is given the teeth needed to protect from the corruption we face daily from any and all levels of government.

C. TELL THE PRESS!!! IN A LOUD VOICE!

D. Come to the court cases. Nothing gives the prosecution and the judges more confidence to continue their abuses than an empty courtroom.

E. Don't give up!

Some lady just got arrested in jersey or somewhere back east for remaining silent, cops just called it obstruction. Even w iron clad rules, abuses will happen. Just to say. How about straight decrim vs what u r suggesting as a better strategy for full a blown effort?

Woops, the arrested woman was a lawyer and she is now suing the police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lawyer-busted-staying-quiet-traffic-stop-files-lawsuit-article-1.2626245

prolly a police brutality phone app coming soon, linked with quick draw attorney's looking for a score, instant facebook/youtube publication, television coverage......

Im watching pbs right now w a panel discussing the militarization of the police, and how they need that gear and those tactics. Cops have always been abusive, esp in populated areas. I just dont know of a time when it hasnt been like that during the last century or so, probably forever it has... Abusive.

Someone needs to police the police. 'Training' is obviously not enough. 'Oversight' doesnt seem true or effective. So whats left? I guess lawyers and lawsuits, but thats been going on for decades and we still seem to be moving in wrong direction. I do feel the fan is spinning though

Im watching pbs right now w a panel discussing the militarization of the police, and how they need that gear and those tactics. Cops have always been abusive, esp in populated areas. I just dont know of a time when it hasnt been like that during the last century or so, probably forever it has... Abusive.

Someone needs to police the police. 'Training' is obviously not enough. 'Oversight' doesnt seem true or effective. So whats left? I guess lawyers and lawsuits, but thats been going on for decades and we still seem to be moving in wrong direction. I do feel the fan is spinning though

sucks that some loser HR department thats responsible for hiring the thugs isnt doing her job, and it costs taxpayers when they snap on the street. Innocent people get killed by cops, because they hire freaks sometimes. If I have to pay for a cop who flips out, I should be part of hiring his azz in the first place.

So that's what 'incorporating the arrest means'... Diving down onto a guy's head w right hand punch, while two other cops also dive down to punch your kidneys and other side of the head, only after you'v attempted to surrender by laying down face first on the ground. Got it. Wasnt in my dictionary unfortunately.

That's just effed up.