I Have Flipped My Lid On Dirt Growers. I Hate Every One Of U That Clings To It. You Guys Come From Surrounding

suburbs come into my neighborhood south of fort street, detroit, and and you dump.  Dump whole pots of mostly promix with stippled with the white dots of perlite.  The 1/2--3/4 inch diameter stub still in the pot, sticking ujp 2-3 inches.  You pile thousands of them along my streets, with hundreds of empty nute bottles and black zip ties and the detritus from lunches, and many of you care so dammmmmm little you leave grwo store purchase receipts with your zip code and often times, other mail that identifies the dumper....

so get the f to hydro PLEASE, BASS TURDS.

I HAVE POSTED DOZENS OF TIMES ON CL asking you to stop.  Today when my plea was flagged once more, again, i said to myself, self, start driving to the id in the trash and shoot them with a pistol in the forehead. One round neat hole that cant be repaired by the embalmer.

Edited by pic book

Heh. Pic. That's everywhere. Sometimes I cruise the back roads outside flint and see mounds of root balls in the ditches. I do property inspections in my normal line of work. No fewer than 12 times in the past year I have found grow waste dumping behind unoccupied buildings - pots, root balls, stalks and leaves, and empty bottles of grow products. This freaks out the property owners, thinking they might be raided due to someone else's waste dumped outside.

People should at least have the courtesy to dump soil, trimmings, and root balls in a hole where it can do some good and other waste in a dumpster somewhere.

How bout all the beer drinking jerkoffs that like to chuck their cans all over the woods in our beutiful northern lower forest, I bet I could show you 10 beer cans or half pint bottles for each rootball you got. Not everybody is smart enough nor can they afford to go hydro. Tell ya the truth Detroit could use some dirt poured on it & the nute bottles are prolly mixed in with McDonald's wrappers.

Hmm....I don't know a single dirt grower that doesn't have a compost system and/or doesn't reuse their dirt. I use part of the compost to amend and the rest of it goes to the flowers in the yard. Sorry about the aholes out there, pic. There are always a few in each group. Sounds like they aren't organic dirt growers. We don't have bottles of stuff ever ;)

I dump mine in my back yard and plan to use it to fill in low spots and regrow yard  grass .

Me too

I consider my waste valuable. I keep it all on my own property. I am fortunate to have acreage to utilize for dumping my spent soils. Even when I did live in a subdivision I would only dump on my own property. I don't use that promix stuff, I mix my own. Oh, and the wild turkeys love "bathing" in my soil piles. Not sure why they love it so much, but they do!

I will have to grow for a couple hundred more years before I acquire enough spent soil to fill in all of my low spots!

Sorry to hear that is going on in the cities pic. First I have heard of it. Then again, hydro could be worse considering the dumping of the waste water into the sewer systems..... In some communities, it can make it right back to the faucets...

pic, just post the addy of the free dirt for mj growers to take.

i saw someone had dumped pots of dirt+perlite (and even stems/roots!) in a northville park!

you think this happens only in the D? you're a fool. dumpers gonna dump.

i picked up the dozen pots and dirt and put it in my outdoor veggie garden.

free dirt! cant go wrong!!!

turn lemons into lemonade fool! start selling the pots for cheap and the dirt for cheap and make some money!

I dump mine in my back yard and plan to use it to fill in low spots and regrow yard  grass .

same here, until i went hydro, i put it all in the compost pile.. and put it later on the gardens, i even have sawdust mixed in with organic bird poop. lots of bird poop,, works great, i miss the dirt sometimes. but i dont grow nothing in soil anymore.

Awfully broad of you to hate EVERY dirt grower just because of the acts of the few irresponsible ones in your area. 

Isn't that just as bad as hating someone for their skin color, sex, handicap, etc? Just going to lump that all in there really, hating someone because they grow in dirt...that's a good one. 

You grow in rice hulls? Do you mix it with something or just use it straight?

i use them for added aeration. I make my own mix. I start with 1/3 sphagnum, 1/3 vermiculite, and 1/3 compost, then add the nutes and minerals. I'll add rice hulls as time requires. I find recycled soil suffers from some compaction and requires added aeration as time goes on.

It's just a perlite substitute/aeration substitute for homemade soil

Edited by suneday11

Awfully broad of you to hate EVERY dirt grower just because of the acts of the few irresponsible ones in your area. 

Isn't that just as bad as hating someone for their skin color, sex, handicap, etc? Just going to lump that all in there really, hating someone because they grow in dirt...that's a good one.

Good point!!^^

you are certainly correct in your post.  emotion isn't reasonable.  well rarely reasonable.  and i'm shooting gas.  good methane, got a lighter?  i have never owned a gun.  

same here, until i went hydro, i put it all in the compost pile.. and put it later on the gardens, i even have sawdust mixed in with organic bird poop. lots of bird poop,, works great, i miss the dirt sometimes. but i dont grow nothing in soil anymore.

Bird poop really ?

We had a great idea to convert an old chicken coop to a  grow room using the soil from the coop it burnt the plants to a crisp way too hot but we are talking about 40 years of chicken shat here .

Well, that would be a generalization as well. I was from Chicago originally and  people  got  mugged, cut and shot for basketball shoes.

But I do get your point totally. :-)

There are many causes for broken communities. I would say poverty and lack of hope for a better future are big.  It plays out in varying communities all over the country and manifests detrimental effects in different ways in different places.

At one time, the city of Detroit was talking about turning tracts of abandoned houses into homesteads. All that growing dirt would be great for home farms - a win-win situation!

they should start a single pile near a community garden. The plants closest to my compost bins are always the biggest and healthiest.