Roommate On Probation

Siren

I am a legal medical marijuana card holder. I do currently grow my own marijuana and my setup is currently up to date with laws (Locked room, only accessible to myself, within plant limits, etc..)
My father will be moving in with me and he will likely be put on felony probation for a DUI in the near future. I'd just like to know if it would break his probation to live with someone who is a cardholder. He himself doesn't smoke or do other drugs.

Any help on this topic would be helpful!

--Siren

The law says that no one can get in trouble merely for being in the presence of the medical use of marijuana, which seems quite reasonable. So if your medical use of marijuana is done in accordance with the rules of the program then your father should be A-OK.

BUT, the police, following the dictates of their Republican overloads (prosecutors, judges, congressmen), will hassle you with no legal basis whatsoever, and unless you have money...oh, say $10,000... for a lawyer, you will be railroaded into pleading guilty to a crime that they have made up out of thin air.

This is a depressing realization, but unfortunately it is true.

Proceed accordingly. Oh, and don't forget to vote Republican this fall so that this idiocy can continue. Go Donald Trump!

Edited by AmishRnot4ganja

I am a legal medical marijuana card holder. I do currently grow my own marijuana and my setup is currently up to date with laws (Locked room, only accessible to myself, within plant limits, etc..)

My father will be moving in with me and he will likely be put on felony probation for a DUI in the near future. I'd just like to know if it would break his probation to live with someone who is a cardholder. He himself doesn't smoke or do other drugs.

Any help on this topic would be helpful!

--Siren

I promise you He will not be able to live in your house with any kind of mmj in it!  I have never seen anyone on probation get away with that but me lol!  I was able to use my mm the whole time I was on probation, but I first had a probation violation and had to convince the judge it was my meds....they let me use methadone, xanax, etc, but my p.o violated me when I tested pos for thc, I had my hearing and convinced the judge it was no dif than letting me use my methadone and xanax, and he agreed!

I havent heard of to many others that got to do that!

all probation officers say you cant live with alcohol, or drugs, and if a fellon weapons! 

Best of Luck!

Peace

He must be pretty bad to have a fellony drunk driving record!

So because dad phaq's up he is gonna screw up his kids life?  I dont think so, I honestly would live on the streets before I put my kids house in disorder, most people that get enough drunk driving busts to be a fellony dont ever quit drinking!

Im not perfect I have had my share of drunk driving tickets, no fellony's, for some one to get fellony drunk driving they would have to get caught like 3 or 4 times in a yr!

Peace

not entirely true phaq. A person driving with a suspended license drunk could be charged with a felony. Or committing another crime, or driving with a kid in the car. Actually several reasons a dui can be a felony, besides being bad, or drinking till drunk and wont ever quit, or a 3x drunk driver   http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Felony-DUI.htm

I've never been ticketed for drunk driving, or spent any time in a cell, or been convicted of a crimes other than possessing 20 grams of cannabis in the 80's....but I know people who have been all of the above, some in one night :P

not entirely true phaq. A person driving with a suspended license drunk could be charged with a felony. Or committing another crime, or driving with a kid in the car. Actually several reasons a dui can be a felony, besides being bad, or drinking till drunk and wont ever quit, or a 3x drunk driver   http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Felony-DUI.htm

I've never been ticketed for drunk driving, or spent any time in a cell, or been convicted of a crimes other than possessing 20 grams of cannabis in the 80's....but I know people who have been all of the above, some in one night :P

I would love to tell you the rest of my story but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I didnt use an attny for my last dui and driving w/o,,,,,,,no witnesses not even a cop, I walked!

peace

edit= point being when some one in your home is on probation it is a real pain in the a ss for all in the home, his son is growing, so do you ask the judge first, or do you just find some where else to live, I would imagine if he can drive drunk, he can live alone drunk!

Edited by phaquetoo