Tennessee

Hempcheff

So we may be relocating to the fine state of Tennessee and i was wondering if anyone had any current info on the state as far as cannabis goes? I see that they have a cbd only medical program :notfair: , but any contact info or sites that might be involved with the legalization effort would be helpful. We will be in the Chattanooga area FYI. We are looking forward to the move, but i will miss my garden for sure!

Ill stay on these boards though forever im sure :yahoo-wave: 

my dad met a  friend in Tenn that spent his days driving around (drunk) "fiskin teeth". he did on the spot denture repairs, stuff like that. He also would take them on his trip and return with them repaired. I dunno about using that service but that sounds like my kind of mountain home area.......its a shame that state even gives two hoots about cannabis-medical or otherwise. 

Tennessee Laws & Penalties

Penalty Details

Marijuana is a Schedule VI drug in TN.500,000200,000

See

Possession

Possession of a half ounce of marijuana or less is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and maximum fine of $2,500. A $250 fine is required for all first time convictions. A subsequent offense brings a $500 mandatory minimum fine.

Gov. Bill Haslam signed HB 1478 into law, which will eliminate the provision that makes a third conviction for possession of marijuana a felony. The law took effect on July 1, 2016. This change will reduce the penalty for third-time possession from between one and six years of incarceration to less than one year in jail. In addition, having a misdemeanor rather than a felony record will reduce the collateral consequences associated with the conviction.

See

Sale

The sale or possession with the intent to distribute between a half ounce of marijuana and 10 pounds is a Class E felony punishable with between 1-6 years of incarceration and a fine of no more than $5,000.

The sale or possession with the intent to distribute between 10 pounds -70 pounds of marijuana is a Class D felony punishable with between 2-12 years of incarceration and a fine of no more than $50,000.

The sale or possession with the intent to distribute between 70-300 pounds of marijuana is a Class B felony punishable with between 8-30 years of incarceration and a fine of no more than $100,000.

The sale or possession with the intent to distribute more than 300 pounds of marijuana is a Class A felony punishable with between 15-60 years of incarceration and a fine of no more than $500,000.

A first-time felony conviction will receive a minimum fine of at least $2,000.

A second felony conviction will bring a minimum fine of at least $3,000. The third and all subsequent felony convictions will bring a fine of at least $5,000, and will be punished at one grade higher.

See

Sale to a minor is a felony, which results in an increased penalty (determined by amount of marijuana present) by one sentencing grade.

See

Sale to a minor within 1,000 ft. of a school is an unclassified felony which results in a increase in the grade of the offense (determined by amount of marijuana present) by one sentencing grade.

See

Cultivation

Cultivation of 10 plants or less is a Class E felony and can lead to incarceration of between 1 and 6 years, and will bring a maximum fine of $3,000.

Cultivation of between 10 and 19 plants is a Class D felony and can lead to incarceration of between 2 and 12 years, and will bring a maximum fine of $50,000.

Cultivation of between 20 and 99 plants is a Class C felony and can lead to incarceration of between 3 and 15 years, and will bring a maximum fine of $100,000.

Cultivation of between 100 and 499 plants is a Class B felony and can lead to incarceration of between 8 and 30 years, and will bring a maximum fine of $200,000.

Cultivation of 500 or more plants is a Class A felony and can lead to incarceration of between 15 and 60 years, and will bring a maximum fine of $500,000.

First-time felony convictions will receive a mandatory minimum fine of at least $2,000.

Second-time felony convictions will receive a mandatory minimum fine of at least $3,000.

Any repeat felony conviction after the second will receive a mandatory minimum fine of at least $5,000.

See

Hash & Concentrates

Possession of hashish or concentrates is a crime. If the amount of hashish or concentrates is less than 14.75 grams the offense is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by a fine no greater than $2,500 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 11 months and 29 days. A second or subsequent conviction is punishable as a Class E felony punishable by a fine no greater than $3,000 and a term of imprisonment no less than 1 year and no greater than 6 years.

See

It is a crime to manufacture, deliver, sell, or possess hashish or concentrates. If the amount of hashish or concentrates is less than 2 pounds, the offense is a Class E felony punishable by a fine no greater than $5,000 and a term of imprisonment between 1-6 years.

If the amount of hashish or concentrates is greater than 2 pounds but less than 4 pounds, the offense is a Class D felony punishable by a fine no greater than $50,000 and a term of imprisonment between 1-12 years.

If the amount of hashish or concentrates is greater than 4 pounds but less than 8 pounds, the offense is a Class C felony punishable by a fine no greater than $100,000 and a term of imprisonment between 3-15 years.

If the amount of hashish or concentrates is greater than 8 pounds but less than 15 pounds, the offense is a Class B felony punishable by a fine no greater than $200,000 and a term of imprisonment between 8- 30 years.

If the amount of hashish or concentrates is greater than 15 pounds, the offense is a Class A felony punishable by a fine no greater than $500,000 and a term of imprisonment between 15-60 years.

If the offense occurred within 1,000 feet of a school, recreation center, public library, child day care facility, or park , the penalty is increased by one class, i.e. a Class D felony becomes a Class C felony, a Class B felony becomes a Class A felony, etc.

See

Any device or equipment used to make or create hashish is considered drug paraphernalia. Using paraphernalia or possessing paraphernalia with the intent to use is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by a fine no greater than $2,500 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 11 months and 29 days. Possessing or manufacturing with intent to deliver drug paraphernalia is a Class E felony punishable by a fine no greater than $3,000 and a term of imprisonment no less than 1 year and no greater than 6 years.

See

Paraphernalia

Possession of paraphernalia is a Class A misdemeanor and is punishable with up to 1 year of incarceration and a fine of between $150 and $2,500. For a second or subsequent violation, the mandatory minimum fine increases to $250.

See

Sale of paraphernalia is a Class E felony, punishable with 1-6 years of incarceration and a maximum fine of $5,000.

See

Miscellaneous Falsification of Drug Tests

Falsifying a dug test is a Class A misdemeanor and is punishable with up to 1 year of incarceration and a fine not to exceed $2,500.

See

Hemp

This state has an active hemp industry or has authorized research. Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed, and other products. For more information see NORML's Industrial Use section.

Medical CBD

This state has passed a medical CBD law allowing for the use of cannabis extracts that are high in CBD and low in THC to treat severe, debilitating epileptic conditions.

Tax Stamps

This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties.

Tennessee is not nice on Cannabis.

You will get popped and penalized.

The meds are so-so and few and far between depending on where you move to.

I lived there for a year ( a long time ago so things might have changed from the 90's ) and found only ditch weed..Or Homegrown.

If you find a grower, you will be OK. Around $250 a zip near Knoxville.

I grew mine while living there.

Light deprivation works wonders for an extra early harvest..

Good Luck.

Where you moving to?

I have family near Ky.

• 5 months later...

Hello again!!! While its been a while since ive posted, i have been following the news in Michigan. :watching:

We ended up moving to Chattanooga, i love it down here, got a job at Amazon, and have settled in fairly comfortably. I do miss my greens though, instead im on 5 different scripts for my ailments, although there is hope as Tennessee gov. is working on updating the medical program in the first session this year. fingers crossed!

Either way, hello from the volunteer state! :blow-a-heart:

I love Tennessee and envy you, except for the absence of MMJ laws. I took my teenage kids to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg last August. We loved it. I've taken my kids on many trips - Florida, Las Vegas, Chicago, Washington DC, Virginia, West Virginia. Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, and costa Rica. By far, the kids' favorite trip was Tennessee.