Understanding Dosage In Edibles

I have made edibles in the past with the kind of 'standard' recipe calling for a 1/4 oz for a batch of brownies.  I have tried some other ways with mixed success.  The problem I have, though, is it always seems like trial and error with different effects from batch to batch and person to person.

In an attempt to 'standardize', I made a heavily concentrated batch of vegetable oil (at least twice the normal) and then had the oil tested.  The results came back 1.3% THC by weight.  According to my math, that would be 13 milligrams of THC for every 1 gram of oil.  Correct?  So if I make a batch of brownies (12 servings) with a standard serving size of 10mg THC per brownie, I would need (12 servings dived by 1.3) 9.25 grams of oil in my mix.

Long term with basic testing running $35 a pop, it would probably make sense to make a large, concentrated batch of oil, have it tested, and then label it with the percentage so the math can be applied each time resulting in consistently dosed servings.

Does this make sense?

One other question:  I generally store my vegetable oil in fridge after decarb/simmering process.  Is that needed?  Would using a different base like coconut oil allow me to store at room temperature long term?

Thanks!

I made a batch of chocolate cupcakes using the above math.  The flaw in keep this exact was filling the cups.  Should have used a measuring spoon or scale to get the same portions.

I ate one about an hour ago I am not really feeling anything from it.  I have a tolerance on smoking, but don't consume edibles very often.  I'll give it another hour and try a second dose.  I could also take a cupcake to the testing lab and see if it actually worked out to 10mg :)

I have made edibles in the past with the kind of 'standard' recipe calling for a 1/4 oz for a batch of brownies.  I have tried some other ways with mixed success.  The problem I have, though, is it always seems like trial and error with different effects from batch to batch and person to person.

In an attempt to 'standardize', I made a heavily concentrated batch of vegetable oil (at least twice the normal) and then had the oil tested.  The results came back 1.3% THC by weight.  According to my math, that would be 13 milligrams of THC for every 1 gram of oil.  Correct?  So if I make a batch of brownies (12 servings) with a standard serving size of 10mg THC per brownie, I would need (12 servings dived by 1.3) 9.25 grams of oil in my mix.

Long term with basic testing running $35 a pop, it would probably make sense to make a large, concentrated batch of oil, have it tested, and then label it with the percentage so the math can be applied each time resulting in consistently dosed servings.

Does this make sense?

One other question:  I generally store my vegetable oil in fridge after decarb/simmering process.  Is that needed?  Would using a different base like coconut oil allow me to store at room temperature long term?

Thanks!

I have had canna butter grow some fuzzies even stored in the fridge.

My thought is to store the oil in the fridge as it is not 'pure' any longer and

may need to be refrigerated to extend shelf life.  I base this on the afore

mentioned butter experience only. 

I measure my oil/ butter for cooking into ice cube trays as I only use

1T at a time.  Once chilled I place them into zip lock bags for storage.

This method can be applied in larger quantities.

You are much braver soul than I, testing medibles in the middle of the day :) 

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Your math is right. You should never use vegetable oil as it is pure garbage and very unstable  compared to cc oil . If I was making brownies or cookies I would use butter.