Clones And Mites From Cl

Morhawk

Well, I started in 2012 and made it till now with no issues.  I got some clones from a gentlemen on craiglist and now I have spider mites.  Did a neem treatment a week ago and they are still going.  Did another neem treatment today and may get some azamax or Dr. Doom to follow up with the next treatment.  Just thanking god I didn't follow through on any of the personals section of CL if I got bugs from my first clone hook up.. lol  :-(

I dont really have any questions. advice is welcome, but just wanted to put out a Public service announcement to be careful.

Well, I started in 2012 and made it till now with no issues.  I got some clones from a gentlemen on craiglist and now I have spider mites.  Did a neem treatment a week ago and they are still going.  Did another neem treatment today and may get some azamax or Dr. Doom to follow up with the next treatment.  Just thanking god I didn't follow through on any of the personals section of CL if I got bugs from my first clone hook up.. lol  :-(

I dont really have any questions. advice is welcome, but just wanted to put out a Public service announcement to be careful.

LOL word to the wise, most old peeps been there done that.. now we know better :) Dont do that LOL Clones the scourge of the universe.

Well, I wanted some new strains and I have been having problems with cloning mine, they would not take root and would get moldy.  I suspect that was because of summer heat and my rooting compound was old. (We'll see next round)  I went to get some seeds from Attitude and they no longer took mastercarderso I really didn't know what to do.  Lesson learned..maybe.. lol

Edited by Morhawk

Well, I wanted some new strains and I have been having problems with cloning mine, they would not take root and would get moldy.  I suspect that was because of summer heat and my rooting compound was old. (We'll see next round)  I went to get some seeds from Attitude and they no longer took mastercarderso I really didn't know what to do.  Lesson learned..maybe.. lol

search for "the dank team" for beans. They are local and fast.

Wet

I can't give any advice on picking up a human on CL. But if you get clones, I suggest dunking the clones in a solution of fluoramite and eagle 20. Then grow the clones as mothers and take cuttings. Then kill the mom.

Kind of sounds like some good advice for picking up a human on there as well!  I know.. that's just wrong

Well, I already ordered some azamax, but I placed an order for a small amount of floramite as well (holy jeebers that stuff is expensive..lol) 

I'm curious about the "dont flower the mother" advice?  Is this due to the miteicides being sprayed on it or another reason? 

And yes, imi, I think this will be my last clone acquisition via craigslist!

And to top this all off, I got a new debit card in the mail yesterday because USAA got the chip cards now... and they switched to VISA!!!  Hopefully maybe I can use it now if I go that route again.

Yes translaminar in the case of avid and fluoramite. But translaminar is key to putting an end to mites. Mites don't eat leaves. They are like Mosquitos. They probe a leaf and suck the translaminar fluid. This is why neem oil and other similar products are simply knock-down products and don't offer a long term solution. You need a product that is absorbed into the translaminar fluid of the plant.

Avid and fluoramite stay in the plant for around 30 days. So just to be safe, kill any plant sprayed with these products and take cuttings. By the time the cuttings grow through the flower cycle, you can be confident that the chemicals are long gone.

I once did an expirement with fluoramite. I took cuttings from a mite infested mother. I didn't spray them. I mixed 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of fluoramite per gallon of water and put that in my aerocloner along with mite infested clones. The clones rooted in 2 weeks and then I added some grow nutes. A week later the clones showed new growth with no evidence of mites.

Well, I got the neem oil on them now.  I don't see any active, but I busted out the kids microscope and eggs are definitely present.  I'm thinking the azamax will arrive before the floramite.  I may still use it to buy some more time until the other arrives.  Going to hold off on the eagle 20, spent enough so far and I don't think I have a fungus problem.. yet.. lol

Edited by Morhawk

Checking out the Avid.. 100 for 8 ounces.. whew.. Never buying clones again, they are too expensive.. lol

that would litterally last a personal grower a lifetime. I would take the advice given, and use the avid as a dunk while there small. If you have never dealt with mites, then you just wont know your clean...until you mnow your clean lol.

try dunk them in soapy ice water a few times.

we must find the way to destroy the eggs

How do the bugs get from leaf to leaf? would tangle foot on the stem prevent migration?

these guys aren't magic, they can't fly.

use brain power to beat them!

rip off all the leaves, put tangle foot all over the stem. wait for plant to recover haha

Well, I got the neem oil on them now.  I don't see any active, but I busted out the kids microscope and eggs are definitely present.  I'm thinking the azamax will arrive before the floramite.  I may still use it to buy some more time until the other arrives.  Going to hold off on the eagle 20, spent enough so far and I don't think I have a fungus problem.. yet.. lol

Floramite is nasty stuff and should not be used at any stage of your grow that stuff is toxic and works no better than safe Azamax  I know this as fact from using it in my garden if your diligent and do multiple treatments spanning 72 hours apart   with Azamax you can keep them off your ladies. .

After reading another post here it seemed like a great idea for an occasional grower like myself to start with clones and skip all of the time needed when starting from seeds  

So this is kind of disheartening. 

You only have to start from seed the first time,  than you clone untill you get tired of it, by than you have other beans up and running and cloning!

Cheer Up!

Peace