Clones And Mites From Cl

Morhawk

I hope your glues are not male like mine were. Lol :)

Lol, no, all females.. But honestly, they could be any strain, I have no way to tell what is what and I am sure the fine upstanding gentlemen that hooked me up with the room herpes has no problem lying about what strains they were.  Don't really care as long as they pass the white paper test when it's all done and cured though..lol  But I really would like some legit GG4..

Been there. I don't trade plants anymore. But I can still get mites if I'm not careful.

What I do:

Destroy the plants with the most mites if not all of the plants. It depends on how much is invested in the grow and if they are priceless mothers or just clones. Take clean cuttings and reclone everything.

If spotted in veg it's much easier to deal with. In flower you really can't do much. I would cut off all of the buds and leaves that have the mites and just consider them lost. Spraying with water will slow them down but can increase the odds of getting botrytis. Raising the humidity with a humidifier can also help. Harvest as early as possible. 

In a veg room I would immediately seal it up and put a Hot Shot No-Pest strip inside. Let it work its magic for 24 hours and they will all be dead. Air the room out. There still might be eggs so in another 24 hours use the strip again. I also spray the plants with 3-in-1 organocide. 

Vacuum and bleach all surfaces. Increase airflow and humidity. Space plants further apart. Wear clean clothes and footwear in your rooms. Check on the plants every day.

Works well for me. I would also recommend doing a seed grow where you grow a male and a female of your favorite strain together. Then you will always have a backup plan and won't have to pay a bank $10+ a seed.

Edited by Nix

geesh, anyone else ever NOT have mites, maybe NOT brought in clones?

I've got no mites, not now, not ever, grown in my home in tents for awhile, then outdoors in a secured building. the same

building where I park my riding lawn mower, my brush hog, my rototiller and push mower. I hang the weed whackers in there too.

the building has a dirt floor, its a mess, a door separates the grow space from the work space. My Jack Russel used to work with me daily, now she's a little older she doesnt care much whats going on in there and waits by the door outside while I work.

My chickens love new pro mix. I keep it stored in an open top 4x4 tray, under a cement mixer. They're often seen "bathing" in the new dirt year round, the work space door is often open to the air through a large over head door.  I dont bleach, except that first time in a brand new room, and once the year after, because thats what everyone was doing. I dont bomb ever, or spray anything except foliar feed in veg and an occasional neem to soil for a gnat knock down. I saw swimmers in my res before, little harmless until they hatch bugs likely eating dead material, a drop of soapy neem killed them instantly when added to the res in an octopot.

I dont re use dirt any longer, and I dont take in clones, not ever. I dont suit up, or change my clothes unless I was just cutting grass.

The lawn mower is not washed every time, and its parked near next to my dirt supply. I just dont get it. Maybe chickens eat the mites, maybe clones bring them in, maybe sprays kill other bugs that eat the mites, I dunno. But I dont recall anyone having mites unless they invited a clone into their space.

I saw my one and only mite nest one time when wife returned from Meijer's with a houseplant, notorius for mite introduction I bet.

I studied them under a microscope for a few days, then killed them various ways until finally rinsing them off of the houseplant under water, dipping the whole thing in neem/hemp oil soap/water, and they never reappeared. I'm looking at the plant now, years later.

I promise if I ever do have mites in flower I'll dispose of the whole bagged plant(s) right into the fire pit without a second thought. I'm always at most 60 days away from top bud, and thats if the flower room had to start over. no biggy to me.

I read forums for years and decided when carded to try something different and prohibit clones and others from visiting my space, it worked, perfectly! Never saw anyone suggest not taking in clones, only which sprays to use, how much crop was lost, and which trick to use to stop their return. I saw the problem right away and learned from it.  wasnt that hard to grow from seed. never had to bomb or spray. mold was the same way. I learned that maintaining ideal RH  can be expensive, but not as expensive as ending up with moldy plants. I learned to avoid mold too, and Eagle type systemics. it was easy, sears.com, delivered in a few days. still running today. albeit often.  did I say I hate sprays and plant poisons?  yep I do. and will do anything I can to avoid them for me and my patients.

sorry you all took in clones, live, grow and learn.

Some genetic variations...are only available from clone. Skdv chem, sfv og, chrome diesel, many many discontinued seed stock from years ago...just saying.

can you tell me why anyone would choose not to make a thousand seeds one weekend, from a famed "clone only" plant years old?  the tech is readily available, and the whole clone only scheme is short lived by anyone with a high times ad, health food store visit, or a little late harvesting.  Once acquired "clone only " is a farce to anyone who's made a seed purposely.

Ahh, talking smack now grassmatch.  You have just awoken the sleeping vengeance and are now cursed to the borg for 3 future seasons. 

Tsk Tsk,.....shouldn't be talking smack.

7 seasons without the monsters....... Ima gonna keep doing what I've always done and expect to get the results I've always got ;)

you know I aint daring the little turds, but these stories always start the same....with a clone from a "buddy".

I bet mites love areas that support dispensaries.

"they came from the dirt, they came from my shoes, they came from my dog"....whatever :P

To express an opinion that you only get mites from marijuana clones is so uneducated that it reeks of an agenda. How could someone really be that naive? I mean it's possible to be that ignorant but coming from someone who actually grows marijuana, I find it odd. Just like saying that you can make a thousand genetically correct seeds 'in a weekend'. Both answers deserve a 'pants on fire' internet spanking.  

Late harvesting of a "clone-only" variety is not going to result in seeds that are identical to the mother. It results in seeds with a lot of variation, and sometimes with significant hermaphoditism or other issues.

true enough, but have you ever heard of the many branded silver sprays? thats whats used. Breeders can fertilize in one weekend which results in potentially thousands of commercial seeds for sale depending on their breeding room capacity. This is well known and practiced by breeders for a long time. clone only is a joke, used to raise prices of "clone only cuts". Have you noticed every clone only of the past is now available in seed, only took one breeder to do it.  with a few ways to get to seeds this has been a joke among growers for awhile.  Sure, someone can claim a special one off clone, sell it for 20k to a breeder, and he makes lots of crosses, sound familiar, then he sells a clone, someone steals a clone, whatever, and voila! seed galore, no more clone only. easy peasy.

I expressed this ;

Maybe chickens eat the mites, maybe clones bring them in, maybe sprays kill other bugs that eat the mites, I dunno. But I dont recall anyone having mites unless they invited a clone into their space.

That's on you. Do a little honest research into the species and you will have a better understanding of how they can get into a plant room. It's not rocket science. 

true enough, but have you ever heard of the many branded silver sprays? thats whats used. Breeders can fertilize in one weekend which results in potentially thousands of commercial seeds for sale depending on their breeding room capacity. This is well known and practiced by breeders for a long time. clone only is a joke, used to raise prices of "clone only cuts". Have you noticed every clone only of the past is now available in seed, only took one breeder to do it.  with a few ways to get to seeds this has been a joke among growers for awhile.  Sure, someone can claim a special one off clone, sell it for 20k to a breeder, and he makes lots of crosses, sound familiar, then he sells a clone, someone steals a clone, whatever, and voila! seed galore, no more clone only. easy peasy.

You need to do a little more research into how breeders make stable seeds. It's not like any seed that comes along is a proper representation of the mother plant. Or will consistently produce anything down the generational line like cloning does. Using seeds the way you have described is a crap shoot, not breeding. 

That's on you. Do a little honest research into the species and you will have a better understanding of how they can get into a plant room. It's not rocket science. 

I claim no science. its up to you to copy what I do to avoid mites like I have. I've got no secret, and no agenda LOL, your paranoia has killed any credibility you may have once held. The only agenda I see here day to day is yours pal, and it smells of rot believe me, everyone can smell it too, you fool know one.

I claim no science. its up to you to copy what I do to avoid mites like I have. I've got no secret, and no agenda LOL, your paranoia has killed any credibility you may have once held. The only agenda I see here day to day is yours pal, and it smells of rot believe me, everyone can smell it too, you fool know one.

Just do some research. Your ignorance is showing. You have posted bad info about mites and seeds. Simple as that. 

Two neem oil treatments, an azamax treatment and floramite treatment.  Guess what I saw crawling on a leaf last night?  darn these things.. lol  Although, when I poked this one, it didn't seem to be able to run as fast as it's grandparents.  That was right before the avid treatment.. and a nice haircut for the ladies.  Figured I'd get rid of some grey hairs and split ends to make it easier to notice new damage.   I was able to find one ounce bottles of the flora and avid on ebay.  The flora looks kind of like white out (caught me off guard) and the avid like baby oil.   Got rid of all the extra clutter in the room (buckets, trays, etc).  Will be sanitizing as soon as my shop vac filters come in.  Tired of paying $12 each for them so I ordered them on ebay.  4 for $25, but I have to wait for them to get here.  (Plan ahead people!..lol)