Albino Tips?

iwombat

I don't think I have seen this phenomenon before: Albino Tips?

Grown in soil.  Started watering with plain water 3 weeks before harvest.
Only a few buds out of the entire plant.

Anyone seen this before or know the cause?

Hash Tips, not albino

means you're doing it right.

and you got just the right amount of uvb, uva etc to your buds, congratulations.

If my colas dont  report this way, I throw them in the trash!! :P

https://www.google.com/search?q=hash+tips&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF2crCp6HPAhVIyoMKHYzmARIQsAQIGw

Hash Tips, not albino

means you're doing it right.

and you got just the right amount of uvb, uva etc to your buds, congratulations.

If my colas dont report this way, I throw them in the trash!! :P

https://www.google.com/search?q=hash+tips&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF2crCp6HPAhVIyoMKHYzmARIQsAQIGw

Can I have your trash can???

By the way, in case anyone is interested, the strain is Alaskan Ice, and this was my first plant

under a Mars Hydro Pro Cre 256.  A pretty nice light.   With remote, of course. :-)

Harvesting Now.  :-)

Whoa!!! WTF kind of light show is that!!  Nice plant !

I knew you had something other than hid's going, by those tips, I expected some ufo led's of sumpin!! :P

(Mars Hydro Pro Cre 256 :geek: )

Smart Environment Control: remotely adjust growth mode & timer settings, monitor temperature & humidity.

Optics Technology: Spectra technology delivers uniform coverage at 100% efficiency & power.

Plug & Play Device:
 There is no need to purchase additional equipment.

Offers All Growth Cycles:  Choose your growth mode from Bloom, Growth, & Seedling.

Maximum Coverage: Unique design offers largest coverage area possible without sacrificing performance.

Powerful LED's: USA MADE flag.jpg High Intensity Cree™ LED’s. (HI-LED)

holy crap.......I'm a lookin into these!

is there a built in timer too ??

is it serviceable, like are you able to repair electronics inside? are they available?

thanks

my math shows these are rated to run for(100,000hours per site)  vegging 24/7for 11 years or 22 years in a 12/12 cycle. the cost of  replacing hid bulbs during this period more than pays for the Cree !

Edited by trichcycler

It has a timer and can be changed from Veg to Flower mode.  It adjusts both the hours (12/12) or (18/6)

and the spectrum when you switch.  

Mars Hydro Pro Cre 256

My only issue is that they ship from China and the support is in China.  Mine arrived with one of the 8

panels flashing instead of working.  After a lot of emails and slow responses they sent me a spare transformer

and told me to swap it out (no real instructions).  Just as it arrived, the light started behaving normally and

I haven't had a problem since.

So I think they are serviceable, but support and parts will require dealing with overseas via email.

I just started flowering the same plant under a Tasty LED COB, so I can compare whether we get

hash tips there or not.

Most of the leaves came off as fan leaves.  The small buds had a small leaf at their base, which was removable,

but inside most of the buds were clean of leaves or the leaves were so small that they were part of the bud.

It seems to have lots of Sativa characteristics, including thick stalks, fast growth, and most of the leaves

are big fan leaves.

It has a fruity smell and pleasant taste.  Clones easily.  But the harvest time is characteristically sativa: 9 weeks

from start of flowering lights.  THC supposed to be in the 20% range.  I find it good for pain relief.

Here is the strain's official bio (I think from leafly):

Alaskan Ice by Green House Seeds is a powerful sativa that crosses a euphoric White Widowhybrid with the energizing buzz of Haze. Frostlike resin blankets the buds in a promise of soaring psychoactivity, anchored only by its moderate CBD content. The intensity of this 70% sativa strain is recommended for evening consumption and unproductive weekends. Alaskan Ice is a slight variant of Moby Dick, but poses a greater challenge to growers; cultivators with the expertise to raise Alaskan Ice will be rewarded with a highly potent harvest of sour, spicybuds following a 9 week flowering period. The high resin content of Alaskan Ice has made this strain a favorite among hash producers and patients with severe symptoms.

Edited by iwombat

sounds about right beourbud. I'm using my harvest a few days after its picked. I read a book by jorge cervantes that

describes a drying room, one where mold will not flourish, buds wont crisp up. I recreated it as instructed and

enjoy the exact results he reported in the book. the day the stems snap is the best for me.  with the right temps/RH/air movement /odor control...you

could dry as fast in a controlled room like mine,.....a 2x4 grow tent in a closet, very convenient.

drying in a grow space is asking for trouble imo, but convenient for sure.

My patients have their choice,

some like

it after the first week, some the second. I dont use any over a month old, but thats a personal choice.

OK dried, but not cured...

I hung the plant for a day, then removed the fan leaves and cut the branches up.  Placed the nugg-branches in

one of those six-level hanging deals for a couple days till the things were crisp to the touch.  Then, cut the

nugs into a large tupperware container with a lid.  Lid off during the day, lid on at night, fluffing regularly so

nothing sticks to each other, repeat until it feels the same as the night before when you remove the lid.

At this point most of the inside moisture has been drawn out, weight is stable and I find it smokeable.  

But It will continue to cure and mellow in taste for a while.

As for the yield, the pics I posted only show the top 1/2 of the plant.  It was still 5ft tall after bending a few

of the branches over, and Alaskan Ice is a good yielder.

I charge $200 / oz regardless of strain.

Edited by iwombat

Finally harvested the other two plants from under this light.

They were immature when I stuck them in the flower tent,

but I needed the space.

Golden Goat: 2.7 oz

Ed Rosenthal Superbud 3.3 oz

Dry but still curing.

So, yield from the Mars Pro Cre-265 was 2.7 + 3.3 + 11.0 = 17oz.

I use 2-3 oz per month on my muscle spasms.  Assuming I

use the medicine for myself and it costs me $200/oz then

my grow will save me 17 * $200 = $3400 over the next 17 / 3 = 5.6 months.

So if my whole tent setup cost, say $1500 and dirt/ferts/electricity/water

cost say $200 over 5.6 months that's $1700.  Which means I will

have paid for the tent set-up in 2.3 months, and from then on I am

putting $600/month back in my wallet every month for food and rent.

And that is without even considering medicine to patients, which

is essentially break even, because anything I don't sell for $200

would eventually be consumed myself, saving $200 of external costs.

Of course I am doing all these calculations under the relaxing

influence of Alaskan Ice, so I could just be hallucinating all this math.

But my point was, in deciding that to get, the cost of the light

was not that significant after a few months, so I decided to

get the best lights current technical wisdom seemed to favor.

In addition to the Mars Hydro Cre-256, I also have a Tasty LED T30-2100

COB light and am doing some similar tests in another tent.

But, again, the cost of the light (as long as it is not ridiculous)

is not that significant over time.

Edited by iwombat