Percolator Bhang Bhang

This morning began with a handful of English Breakfast Tea(davidsons organic), another handful of Grape Stomper, a half cup cream and half cup whole milk with a couple tbls of Raw sugar in the basket and filled to the line with cool water. when it was done it was awesome. A little energetic (to me) at first but a super cannabis effect that lasted, still. It's not traditional Bhang, just this mornings' version. Other times I add hot cocoa, cacao beans, and one time I made a Kaluha white russian vodka thing...whew!!

I started at 7, finished garden chores, 2nd cup at 8 3rd one now (I iced this one). Tastes like the grapey smells and great tea. I usually drink mine black but needed a bit of fat for the bud.

I'll cool the rest I think its better iced than hot.

peace :drinking-coffee:

This is neat. I have never heard of this before, so thank you for sharing. 

I looked it up and didn't know if there was a "standard recipe" .

I did come across this one:

Ingredients

2 cups water 
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred) 
4 cups warm milk 
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds 
1/8 teaspoon garam masala (a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon) 
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger 
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater 
1 cup sugar 

Method 
Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. 
Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. 

Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. 
Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. 

Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. 

Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. 

I wanted to give it a try, but that doesn't state at what ratio trim/flower, how much it makes, or how much to drink. 

Is there a different recipe you use or is this pretty standard? 

Just curious as it's new to me. 

Thanks

This is neat. I have never heard of this before, so thank you for sharing. 

I looked it up and didn't know if there was a "standard recipe" .

I did come across this one:

Ingredients

2 cups water 

1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred) 

4 cups warm milk 

2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds 

1/8 teaspoon garam masala (a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon) 

1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger 

1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater 

1 cup sugar 

Method 

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. 

Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. 

Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. 

Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. 

Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. 

Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. 

I wanted to give it a try, but that doesn't state at what ratio trim/flower, how much it makes, or how much to drink. 

Is there a different recipe you use or is this pretty standard? 

Just curious as it's new to me. 

Thanks

truthfully I didnt measure more than " a handful". But doing it again today for a patient I did. The tea added was 1/8 cup, the bud was bud, crushed and weighed 6 grams. Kind of like any cannabis edible, the proof is in the eating. If a little doesnt do it eat more, a little later lol.  You could alternatively use an ounce, or even pure cannabis oil for a stronger experience, using less of the drink, or weaker so as to use more of the drink.  I had a patient who warmed a gram of oil a day in a cup of cream,  made four cups of coffee using the cream, and drank these daily. (that effect would last for a week with me!)

go easy with the above, and I also use coffee for this too, its great. The percolator is just a reflux extraction unit, sucks the essence from coffee, and bud. never saw anothers' recipe sorry.

be creative with techniques and add ins. a little fat goes a long way to strip cannabis of its active ingredients.

olive oil is the biblical carrier solvent of the annointing oil containing kanna'bosem(ahem), coconut oil is great too, keep temps below 212(water regulates well)

I hope you enjoy !

a little fat goes a long way to strip cannabis of its active ingredients.

I have always read that THC-COOH is fat soluble. So that is the first time I've heard this. What does it strip? I would love to read more. 

As for oils, I never use any thing other than coconut oil. Most of the time just straight MCT oil https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride

Thanks for more great info! I will have to give it a try when I don't have to go out anywhere. 

trichomes contain the active ingredients in cannabis. the trichomes are made of wax mostly. many solvent will break down that wax and release the oil within. fats, oils, hexane, naptha, alcohol, etc. now choose the safest to use, and remove(if necessary) if smoking/vaping/eating is needed. coconut oil is a fine choice to use with cannabis. a quick fry, a soak, its all good. but for smoking it wont work well. people use butane because it strips perfectly and evaporates fully with just a slight change in temperature. It leaves all the goodness and goes away completely if processed correctly.  Using high heats to remove or cook cannabis will adversely affect the outcome,

I avoid heating cannabis ever, cept just before that tip hits my lip  :)

the leaves and flowers have trichomes on them, once those are gone the remaining is hay.

Edited by trichcycler

trichomes contain the active ingredients in cannabis. the trichomes are made of wax mostly. many solvent will break down that wax and release the oil within. fats, oils, hexane, naptha, alcohol, etc. now choose the safest to use, and remove(if necessary) if smoking/vaping/eating is needed. coconut oil is a fine choice to use with cannabis. a quick fry, a soak, its all good. but for smoking it wont work well. people use butane because it strips perfectly and evaporates fully with just a slight change in temperature. It leaves all the goodness and goes away completely if processed correctly.  Using high heats to remove or cook cannabis will adversely affect the outcome,

I avoid heating cannabis ever, cept just before that tip hits my lip  :)

the leaves and flowers have trichomes on them, once those are gone the remaining is hay.

Actually we heat our cannabis(after being put through the food processor) while it is covered in coconut oil, 350 degrees for one to two hours, until the bubbles start bursting, a different cooking sound, decarboxilizes the marihuana, a very good sleep aid.

Farmer Brown

Actually we heat our cannabis(after being put through the food processor) while it is covered in coconut oil, 350 degrees for one to two hours, until the bubbles start bursting, a different cooking sound, decarboxilizes the marihuana, a very good sleep aid.

Farmer Brown

oh yes, I know of people that love that effect too,  but admittedly, the high heat affects the outcome?

peace out, happy growing!